|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mary suspect was giving her crank calls?
(b) C. C. Cobbs.
2. After leaving the police station, who is the person he leaves Iris with?
(a) A nurse at the hospital.
(c) Mary Duckworth.
(d) Ben Nicolas.
3. Where do Qwilleran and Ben go on a late night "scrounge."?
(a) Andy's shop.
(b) The Gaston Museum.
(c) The Garrick Theatre.
(d) The Ellsworth House.
4. Who tells Qwilleran that Iris Cobb's assumed ghost was really C. C. playing tricks on his wife?
5. What does Qwilleran discover that Andy Glanz was doing before his murder?
(a) Writing a novel based on people in Junktown.
(b) Keeping a diary about his affairs in Junktown.
(c) Talking to the police about activities in Junktown.
(d) Planning to enlarge his antique shop.
6. What does Iris say about the machine Qwilleran found?
(a) She thinks it doesn't work.
(b) She doesn't want it.
(c) It's not hers.
(d) She's been looking for it.
7. What is Qwilleran first told Russell's roommate does for a living?
(a) That he is a hairdresser.
(b) That he is a manicurist.
(c) That he is a chef.
(d) That he is a secretary.
8. Who is Cluthra, the woman C. C. was having an affair with?
(a) Iris's sister.
(b) One of the Three Weird Sisters.
(c) Miss Duckworth's aunt.
(d) A woman reporter.
9. Who is Russell Patch's roommate?
10. Why does Qwilleran take a cat to Russell Patch's apartment?
(a) To see if Russell is allergic to cats.
(b) To keep himself company.
(c) To let the cat get some exercise.
(d) To see if the cat can find something.
11. What does Qwilleran learn about the Chandelier in Andy's shop?
(a) It was a fake with glass instead of crystal.
(b) The Rikers were the couple who came to buy it.
(c) It had faulty wiring.
(d) It has been exchanged for another chandelier.
12. After Mary leaves, what does Qwilleran ask his cats?
(a) What they would like for dinner.
(b) What they're going to bring him next.
(c) If they have been behaving.
(d) Why they don't like Mary.
13. How does Qwilleran first try to discover who the drug dealer is?
(a) By letting Koko sniff around the various shops.
(b) By checking with the police.
(c) By sending a fluxion copyboy undercover.
(d) By trying to buy drugs himself.
14. Who goes with Qwilleran to visit Russell Patch?
15. What information does Qwilleran relay to his editor, Riker?
(a) That C. C. is dead.
(b) That the block party has been canceled.
(c) That he is not writing the story.
(d) That Miss Duckworth is dea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distracts Qwilleran as he unfolds the piece of foil the cats have left for him?
2. In a conversation with Mary, what does Qwilleran avoid doing?
3. What does Qwilleran hear on the tape he found?
4. What does Qwilleran learn Russell's roommate actually does?
5. Who helps Qwilleran hand the Mackintosh coat of arms over his mantle?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)