|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the antique dealers' meeting held?
(a) In Qwilleran's room.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the local church.
(d) In C. C.'s shop.
2. What distracts Qwilleran as he unfolds the piece of foil the cats have left for him?
(a) Someone is pounding on his door.
(b) Firetrucks come rushing into Junktown.
(c) Yum Yum goes crazy running around the apartment.
(d) Koko accidentally turns on the tape player.
3. Who helps Qwilleran hand the Mackintosh coat of arms over his mantle?
(a) Dennis, Iris's son.
(b) Riker's son.
(c) Hollis Prantz.
(d) Ben Nicolas.
4. When Ben comes to Qwilleran's room for a visit, what does Qwilleran try to get him to admit?
(a) That he was at the Ellsworth House the night of the murder.
(b) That he is the drug dealer Qwilleran is looking for.
(c) That he knows who killed C. C. Cobb.
(d) That he entices Koko into his apartment.
5. Who does Qwilleran suspect of causing the loud noise?
(c) Yum Yum.
6. Which character in the novel has "an expensive sound system"?
(a) Russell Patch.
(b) Ben Nicholas.
(d) Hollis Prantz.
7. While Qwilleran is in Iris's shop, who surprises him with a visit?
(a) Another reporter from the Fluxion.
(b) Riker's wife, Rosie.
(c) Mary Duxbury's father.
(d) Koko and Yum Yum.
8. As Qwilleran begins reading Andy's manuscript, what becomes clear?
(a) It is a plan for stealing antiques.
(b) It is a real masterpiece.
(c) It has nothing to do with Junktown people.
(d) It is based on people of Junktown.
9. What does Qwilleran hear on the tape he found?
(a) C. C. asking Ben if he had any more horse braces.
(b) C. C. snoring followed by Ben Nicolas entering the room.
(c) C. C. making a phone call to Cluthra.
(d) Ben offering to sell horse braces to Hollis Prantz.
10. What does Mary say is strange about the request for horse braces?
(a) She never heard of such items.
(b) Very few people even know what they are.
(c) She has had the same inquiries at her shop.
(d) No one wants them anymore.
11. Why does Qwilleran think people will be astonished when he enters the Press Club dinner?
(a) His date is Cluthra.
(b) His date is Iris Cobb.
(c) His date is Mary Duxbury.
(d) His date is Sylvia Katzenhide.
12. What does Qwilleran learn about the Chandelier in Andy's shop?
(a) It was a fake with glass instead of crystal.
(b) The Rikers were the couple who came to buy it.
(c) It has been exchanged for another chandelier.
(d) It had faulty wiring.
13. Where do Qwilleran and Ben go on a late night "scrounge."?
(a) The Ellsworth House.
(b) The Garrick Theatre.
(c) The Gaston Museum.
(d) Andy's shop.
14. Why does Qwilleran take Koko with him to search the building?
(a) The cat had help solve previous mysteries.
(b) To find Yum Yum.
(c) He hoped to find out where Koko disappears to.
(d) As an excuse if he is found out.
15. What does Qwilleran notice in the drive of the Ellsworth house?
(a) Footprints of a man and a dog.
(b) Overturned trash cans.
(c) Tire tracks of three different vehicles.
(d) Two car shaped patches in the snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had C. C. hinted about Ben's financial situation?
2. Whose boot sole matches a footprint Qwilleran found in the Elsworth house?
3. What is Qwilleran's impression of Hollis Prantz?
4. Who is Cluthra, the woman C. C. was having an affair with?
5. In the fight between Qwilleran, what happens to prevent Ben from escaping?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)