|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the original purpose of the space Qwilleran and Mary discover?
(a) To escape if there is a fire.
(b) To get from the third floor to the first.
(c) To store old furniture.
(d) To hide runaway slaves.
2. Who goes with Qwilleran to visit Russell Patch?
3. While Prantz is searching for radios in C. C.'s apartment, whet does Qwilleran notice?
(a) The snow on his overcoat.
(b) The feather in his hat.
(c) His footwear.
(d) The tassles on his scarf.
4. On Christmas Eve how does Koko keep distracting Qwilleran?
(a) By disappearing behind the bookshelf.
(b) By meowing for food.
(c) By turning the lights on and off.
(d) By fighting with Yum Yum.
5. What is The Lion's Tail?
(a) Achildren's story.
(b) A street name.
(c) An antique shop.
(d) A bar.
6. What is Cluthra's theory about Mary's broken foot?
(a) That it is not broken at all.
(b) That she fell off the ladder at Andy's place.
(c) That she broke it kicking in a door.
(d) That she deliberately dropped an urn on it.
7. Who helps Qwilleran hand the Mackintosh coat of arms over his mantle?
(a) Hollis Prantz.
(b) Dennis, Iris's son.
(c) Ben Nicolas.
(d) Riker's son.
8. Who is Russell Patch's roommate?
9. What does Hollis Prantz come looking for at the Cobbs's building?
(a) Some old radios that C.C. Cobb had promised him.
(b) Some horse braces.
(c) The finial C. C. bought at the auction.
(d) A pair of binoculars.
10. Where is the antique dealers' meeting held?
(a) In C. C.'s shop.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In Qwilleran's room.
(d) In the local church.
11. How does Qwilleran first try to discover who the drug dealer is?
(a) By letting Koko sniff around the various shops.
(b) By sending a fluxion copyboy undercover.
(c) By checking with the police.
(d) By trying to buy drugs himself.
12. What is the meeting about among the antique dealers?
(a) How to beautify the area.
(b) Finding support for saving Junktown.
(c) Who might have motive for killing Andy.
(d) Plans for the block party.
13. What had Mary found at Andy's place identical to what Qwilleran found in his apartment?
(a) A piece of lead pipe.
(b) A strangely folded twenty-dollar bill.
(c) A newspaper clipping.
(d) A feather.
14. Who is Cluthra, the woman C. C. was having an affair with?
(a) One of the Three Weird Sisters.
(b) A woman reporter.
(c) Iris's sister.
(d) Miss Duckworth's aunt.
15. At Patch's house, what sends Koko into a frenzy?
(a) High pitched music on his stereo.
(b) Patch's pet poodle.
(c) A rat that runs across the floor.
(d) Catnip in a pillow.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their conversation, what does Mary reveal about her quarrel with Andy the night of his death?
2. What mystery is solved after Qwilleran and Mary find the secret space?
3. What is the result of Qwilleran's efforts to track down Andy's manuscript?
4. After leaving the police station, who is the person he leaves Iris with?
5. When Mary visits Qwilleran in his apartment, what does he show her?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)