|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving the police station, who is the person he leaves Iris with?
(a) Mary Duckworth.
(b) Ben Nicolas.
(d) A nurse at the hospital.
2. Who was the only one who had read Andy's novel?
(a) Mary Duckworth.
(b) Iris Cobb.
(c) Mrs. McGuffey.
(d) Sylvia Katzenhide.
3. Why does Qwilleran take a cat to Russell Patch's apartment?
(a) To see if the cat can find something.
(b) To let the cat get some exercise.
(c) To see if Russell is allergic to cats.
(d) To keep himself company.
4. What is the significance of the hair Qwilleran found?
(a) It came from Iris.
(b) It came from Koko.
(c) It came from Mary.
(d) It came from Yum Yum, his cat.
5. What does Hollis Prantz come looking for at the Cobbs's building?
(a) The finial C. C. bought at the auction.
(b) Some horse braces.
(c) A pair of binoculars.
(d) Some old radios that C.C. Cobb had promised him.
6. Where do Qwilleran and Ben go on a late night "scrounge."?
(a) Andy's shop.
(b) The Garrick Theatre.
(c) The Gaston Museum.
(d) The Ellsworth House.
7. What information does Qwilleran relay to his editor, Riker?
(a) That he is not writing the story.
(b) That Miss Duckworth is dea.
(c) That C. C. is dead.
(d) That the block party has been canceled.
8. Which character in the novel has "an expensive sound system"?
(a) Hollis Prantz.
(c) Russell Patch.
(d) Ben Nicholas.
9. What does Qwilleran notice in the drive of the Ellsworth house?
(a) Footprints of a man and a dog.
(b) Two car shaped patches in the snow.
(c) Overturned trash cans.
(d) Tire tracks of three different vehicles.
10. From where does Qwilleran believe KoKo has been finding things he leaves for Qwilleran?
(a) In C. C.'s shop.
(b) Under the tub.
(c) On the stairs.
(d) From out on the roof.
11. What interrupts Qwilleran as he first sits down to read the manuscript?
(a) A call from Iris.
(b) A meeting at the Fluxion office.
(c) The cats wanting to play.
(d) A noise coming from Ben's apartment.
12. What is Cluthra's theory about Mary's broken foot?
(a) That it is not broken at all.
(b) That she fell off the ladder at Andy's place.
(c) That she deliberately dropped an urn on it.
(d) That she broke it kicking in a door.
13. At Patch's house, what sends Koko into a frenzy?
(a) Catnip in a pillow.
(b) A rat that runs across the floor.
(c) Patch's pet poodle.
(d) High pitched music on his stereo.
14. What is The Lion's Tail?
(a) Achildren's story.
(b) An antique shop.
(c) A bar.
(d) A street name.
15. Where is the antique dealers' meeting held?
(a) In the local church.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In C. C.'s shop.
(d) In Qwilleran's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Qwilleran make his manuscript discovery?
2. What innuendo does Ivy make about Iris Cobb?
3. What is the meeting about among the antique dealers?
4. Who do Qwilleran and Iris suspect killed C. C.?
5. Why does Qwilleran think people will be astonished when he enters the Press Club dinner?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)