|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Back home, what does Iris say about the radio Hollis Prantz was looking for?
(a) Fhe wasn't saving any radio for him.
(b) She never stocked radios.
(c) C. C. had sold the radio.
(d) The radio is in her apartment.
2. From where does Qwilleran believe KoKo has been finding things he leaves for Qwilleran?
(a) From out on the roof.
(b) On the stairs.
(c) In C. C.'s shop.
(d) Under the tub.
3. What interrupts Qwilleran as he first sits down to read the manuscript?
(a) A noise coming from Ben's apartment.
(b) The cats wanting to play.
(c) A call from Iris.
(d) A meeting at the Fluxion office.
4. How is the weather during the Junktown Block Party?
(a) Bad at first but turning sunny.
(b) Windy and foggy in the morning.
(c) Sunny in the morning but raining later.
(d) Harsh and cold with morning snow.
5. In a conversation with Mary, what does Qwilleran avoid doing?
(a) Asking her to care for the cats for a few days.
(b) Warning her that she will be hurt by what he writes.
(c) Telling her he will not write about the murder.
(d) Letting her know he suspects she is a murderer.
6. What awaits Qwilleran when he returns to his apartment?
(a) A chocolate cake from Iris.
(b) Another gift from Koko and Yum Yum.
(c) A note from Mary.
(d) A message to call the Fluxion.
7. What innuendo does Ivy make about Iris Cobb?
(a) That she is in love with Qwilleran.
(b) That she is a bigamist.
(c) That she knows who murdered C. C.
(d) That she may have murdered her first husband.
8. What is Qwilleran's impression of Hollis Prantz?
(a) That he is afraid of someone.
(b) That he is hiding something.
(c) That he is a fraud.
(d) That he is stupid.
9. What is rumored that former mayor Ellsworth had hidden in the house where C. C. was murdered?
(a) A treasure map.
(b) Rare antiques.
(c) A rare stamp collection.
(d) A substantial fortune.
10. What does Qwilleran learn Russell's roommate actually does?
(a) He drives a limousine.
(b) He writes novels.
(c) He is an actor.
(d) He plays the stock market.
11. What is The Lion's Tail?
(a) A bar.
(b) Achildren's story.
(c) An antique shop.
(d) A street name.
12. What was Andy contemplating on selling, according to Mary Duckworth?
(a) The light fixture destroyed on the night of his death.
(b) His entire shop.
(c) The ladder he supposedly fell off of.
(d) The finial he fell on.
13. What information does Qwilleran relay to his editor, Riker?
(a) That he is not writing the story.
(b) That the block party has been canceled.
(c) That C. C. is dead.
(d) That Miss Duckworth is dea.
14. How is the relationship between Qwilleran and Mary progressing?
(a) There is suspicion between them.
(b) It is dissolving because of the cats.
(c) The element of trust is growing.
(d) Mary is distancing herself from him.
15. On Christmas Eve how does Koko keep distracting Qwilleran?
(a) By meowing for food.
(b) By disappearing behind the bookshelf.
(c) By turning the lights on and off.
(d) By fighting with Yum Yum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meeting about among the antique dealers?
2. Which character in the novel has "an expensive sound system"?
3. How do the cats behave when Qwilleran and Mary almost kiss?
4. Who does Qwilleran suspect of causing the loud noise?
5. What does Iris say about the machine Qwilleran found?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)