|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Qwilleran that Iris Cobb's assumed ghost was really C. C. playing tricks on his wife?
2. What mystery is solved after Qwilleran and Mary find the secret space?
(a) When the house was built.
(b) Why strange sounds happen during the night.
(c) How C. C. was able to move the candle.
(d) How the cats get into Ben's apartment.
3. When Koko turns on the tape player again, what do Qwilleran and Ben hear?
(a) Cobb blackmailing Ben.
(b) Cobb telling Iris he wanted a divorce.
(c) Cobb talking to Cluthra.
(d) Cobb talking to a police officer about Ben.
4. On Christmas Eve how does Koko keep distracting Qwilleran?
(a) By fighting with Yum Yum.
(b) By meowing for food.
(c) By disappearing behind the bookshelf.
(d) By turning the lights on and off.
5. Who goes with Qwilleran to visit Russell Patch?
6. What interrupts Qwilleran as he first sits down to read the manuscript?
(a) A noise coming from Ben's apartment.
(b) The cats wanting to play.
(c) A meeting at the Fluxion office.
(d) A call from Iris.
7. Who does Qwilleran suspect of causing the loud noise?
(a) Yum Yum.
8. How does Qwilleran make his manuscript discovery?
(a) He has a dream about where it is.
(b) The cats lead him to it.
(c) He starts to build a fire.
(d) Koko pulls it from under the bed.
9. What is Cluthra's theory about Mary's broken foot?
(a) That it is not broken at all.
(b) That she deliberately dropped an urn on it.
(c) That she broke it kicking in a door.
(d) That she fell off the ladder at Andy's place.
10. What important discovery is located right there in Qwilleran's room?
(a) Glantz's manuscript.
(b) A letter from Iris to Andy Glantz.
(c) A photo of Iris and Andy being intimate.
(d) A blueprint of the Cobb house.
11. Visiting the Fluxion office, what does Riker tell Qwilleran?
(a) Nobody is interested in reading about Junktown.
(b) He has a good chance of winning the writing prize.
(c) To stop his feature on Junktown and concentrate on the murders.
(d) He will get paid extra for investigating the murders.
12. What does Qwilleran learn Russell's roommate actually does?
(a) He is an actor.
(b) He writes novels.
(c) He plays the stock market.
(d) He drives a limousine.
13. Why does Qwilleran take Koko with him to search the building?
(a) As an excuse if he is found out.
(b) He hoped to find out where Koko disappears to.
(c) The cat had help solve previous mysteries.
(d) To find Yum Yum.
14. How is the weather during the Junktown Block Party?
(a) Windy and foggy in the morning.
(b) Sunny in the morning but raining later.
(c) Harsh and cold with morning snow.
(d) Bad at first but turning sunny.
15. What is the significance of the hair Qwilleran found?
(a) It came from Koko.
(b) It came from Iris.
(c) It came from Yum Yum, his cat.
(d) It came from Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Qwilleran's impression of Hollis Prantz?
2. Why does Qwilleran think people will be astonished when he enters the Press Club dinner?
3. What does Qwilleran learn about the Chandelier in Andy's shop?
4. What had Mary found at Andy's place identical to what Qwilleran found in his apartment?
5. After Mary leaves, what does Qwilleran ask his cats?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)