|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Back home, what does Iris say about the radio Hollis Prantz was looking for?
(a) The radio is in her apartment.
(b) Fhe wasn't saving any radio for him.
(c) She never stocked radios.
(d) C. C. had sold the radio.
2. Who do Qwilleran and Iris suspect killed C. C.?
(a) The police.
(b) C. C.'s ex partner.
(c) Another antique dealer.
(d) A woman he was having an affair with.
3. What was Andy contemplating on selling, according to Mary Duckworth?
(a) His entire shop.
(b) The light fixture destroyed on the night of his death.
(c) The finial he fell on.
(d) The ladder he supposedly fell off of.
4. During their conversation, what does Mary reveal about her quarrel with Andy the night of his death?
(a) Hhis not answering her calls.
(b) His involvement with Cluthra.
(c) His fake antiques.
(d) His involvment with Iris.
5. What innuendo does Ivy make about Iris Cobb?
(a) That she is in love with Qwilleran.
(b) That she is a bigamist.
(c) That she may have murdered her first husband.
(d) That she knows who murdered C. C.
6. Where do Qwilleran and Ben go on a late night "scrounge."?
(a) The Gaston Museum.
(b) The Ellsworth House.
(c) The Garrick Theatre.
(d) Andy's shop.
7. Who goes with Qwilleran to visit Russell Patch?
8. Who was the only one who had read Andy's novel?
(a) Mrs. McGuffey.
(b) Mary Duckworth.
(c) Sylvia Katzenhide.
(d) Iris Cobb.
9. What does Qwilleran learn Russell's roommate actually does?
(a) He is an actor.
(b) He writes novels.
(c) He drives a limousine.
(d) He plays the stock market.
10. Which character in the novel has "an expensive sound system"?
(b) Russell Patch.
(c) Ben Nicholas.
(d) Hollis Prantz.
11. What is the significance of the hair Qwilleran found?
(a) It came from Yum Yum, his cat.
(b) It came from Iris.
(c) It came from Mary.
(d) It came from Koko.
12. When Ben buys drinks for everyone, what does Qwilleran observe about Ben's money?
(a) It is held together with a silver money clip.
(b) It is kept in an antique wallet.
(c) It is a little damp.
(d) It is folded like the bill he found in his apartment.
13. Who does Qwilleran take on a search of his building?
(a) Bowser, the dog.
(b) Koko, the cat.
(c) Yum Yum, the cat.
(d) Scarlett, the parrot.
14. On Christmas Eve how does Koko keep distracting Qwilleran?
(a) By turning the lights on and off.
(b) By meowing for food.
(c) By fighting with Yum Yum.
(d) By disappearing behind the bookshelf.
15. Who visits Qwilleran in his apartment only to be snubbed by Koko?
Short Answer Questions
1. In a conversation with Mary, what does Qwilleran avoid doing?
2. Why does Qwilleran take Koko with him to search the building?
3. What does Qwilleran hear on the tape he found?
4. What does Qwilleran find in the new desk Iris gave him?
5. What interrupts Qwilleran as he first sits down to read the manuscript?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)