|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Russell Patch's roommate?
2. what illegal activity does Qwilleran learn about from the manuscript?
(a) Someone in Junktown is blackmailing C. C.
(b) Someone in Junktown is an undercover FBI agent.
(c) Someone in Junktown is selling fake antique clocks.
(d) Someone in Junktown is dealing drugs.
3. In a conversation with Mary, what does Qwilleran avoid doing?
(a) Warning her that she will be hurt by what he writes.
(b) Asking her to care for the cats for a few days.
(c) Telling her he will not write about the murder.
(d) Letting her know he suspects she is a murderer.
4. What does Qwilleran hear on the tape he found?
(a) C. C. making a phone call to Cluthra.
(b) C. C. asking Ben if he had any more horse braces.
(c) Ben offering to sell horse braces to Hollis Prantz.
(d) C. C. snoring followed by Ben Nicolas entering the room.
5. What is Qwilleran thinking about when he goes to bed after leaving the bar?
(a) Where Koko goes at night.
(b) The tire tracks at Ellsworth House.
(c) The dust swirls in the theatre.
(d) The Press Club dinner.
6. What is Qwilleran first told Russell's roommate does for a living?
(a) That he is a hairdresser.
(b) That he is a secretary.
(c) That he is a chef.
(d) That he is a manicurist.
7. What does Qwilleran notice in the drive of the Ellsworth house?
(a) Footprints of a man and a dog.
(b) Tire tracks of three different vehicles.
(c) Two car shaped patches in the snow.
(d) Overturned trash cans.
8. What does Hollis Prantz come looking for at the Cobbs's building?
(a) Some horse braces.
(b) Some old radios that C.C. Cobb had promised him.
(c) A pair of binoculars.
(d) The finial C. C. bought at the auction.
9. While Prantz is searching for radios in C. C.'s apartment, whet does Qwilleran notice?
(a) The snow on his overcoat.
(b) The tassles on his scarf.
(c) His footwear.
(d) The feather in his hat.
10. Where do Qwilleran and Ben go on a late night "scrounge."?
(a) The Ellsworth House.
(b) The Gaston Museum.
(c) The Garrick Theatre.
(d) Andy's shop.
11. How is the weather during the Junktown Block Party?
(a) Harsh and cold with morning snow.
(b) Bad at first but turning sunny.
(c) Windy and foggy in the morning.
(d) Sunny in the morning but raining later.
12. When Koko turns on the tape player again, what do Qwilleran and Ben hear?
(a) Cobb talking to a police officer about Ben.
(b) Cobb talking to Cluthra.
(c) Cobb blackmailing Ben.
(d) Cobb telling Iris he wanted a divorce.
13. What does Qwilleran discover that Andy Glanz was doing before his murder?
(a) Planning to enlarge his antique shop.
(b) Writing a novel based on people in Junktown.
(c) Keeping a diary about his affairs in Junktown.
(d) Talking to the police about activities in Junktown.
14. Who do Qwilleran and Iris suspect killed C. C.?
(a) The police.
(b) C. C.'s ex partner.
(c) A woman he was having an affair with.
(d) Another antique dealer.
15. Where is the antique dealers' meeting held?
(a) In the local church.
(b) In Qwilleran's room.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In C. C.'s shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the "hot" manuscript hidden?
2. At Patch's house, what sends Koko into a frenzy?
3. Why does Qwilleran take Koko with him to search the building?
4. Thinking about what he saw in the dust at the theatre, what does Qwilleran believe caused the swirl pattern?
5. What is Qwilleran's impression of Hollis Prantz?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)