|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important discovery is located right there in Qwilleran's room?
(a) Glantz's manuscript.
(b) A photo of Iris and Andy being intimate.
(c) A blueprint of the Cobb house.
(d) A letter from Iris to Andy Glantz.
2. What does Qwilleran do for Iris Cobb during her extended absence?
(a) Gguards her apartment.
(b) Feeds her cat.
(c) Takes a turn managing her shop.
(d) Calls her relatives in Ohio.
3. What does Hollis Prantz come looking for at the Cobbs's building?
(a) A pair of binoculars.
(b) The finial C. C. bought at the auction.
(c) Some old radios that C.C. Cobb had promised him.
(d) Some horse braces.
4. What is the meeting about among the antique dealers?
(a) Finding support for saving Junktown.
(b) Plans for the block party.
(c) Who might have motive for killing Andy.
(d) How to beautify the area.
5. What had Mary found at Andy's place identical to what Qwilleran found in his apartment?
(a) A feather.
(b) A strangely folded twenty-dollar bill.
(c) A piece of lead pipe.
(d) A newspaper clipping.
6. What was Andy contemplating on selling, according to Mary Duckworth?
(a) The light fixture destroyed on the night of his death.
(b) His entire shop.
(c) The finial he fell on.
(d) The ladder he supposedly fell off of.
7. When Koko turns on the tape player again, what do Qwilleran and Ben hear?
(a) Cobb telling Iris he wanted a divorce.
(b) Cobb talking to Cluthra.
(c) Cobb blackmailing Ben.
(d) Cobb talking to a police officer about Ben.
8. What is rumored that former mayor Ellsworth had hidden in the house where C. C. was murdered?
(a) A treasure map.
(b) Rare antiques.
(c) A substantial fortune.
(d) A rare stamp collection.
9. After leaving the police station, who is the person he leaves Iris with?
(a) Ben Nicolas.
(c) A nurse at the hospital.
(d) Mary Duckworth.
10. Where is the antique dealers' meeting held?
(a) In the local church.
(b) In C. C.'s shop.
(c) In Qwilleran's room.
(d) In the attic.
11. What is the result of Qwilleran's efforts to track down Andy's manuscript?
(b) In the possession of Mrs. McGuffey.
(c) Hidden in Mary's shop.
(d) Found hidden in his shop.
12. What mystery is solved after Qwilleran and Mary find the secret space?
(a) Why strange sounds happen during the night.
(b) How the cats get into Ben's apartment.
(c) How C. C. was able to move the candle.
(d) When the house was built.
13. What information does Qwilleran relay to his editor, Riker?
(a) That he is not writing the story.
(b) That Miss Duckworth is dea.
(c) That the block party has been canceled.
(d) That C. C. is dead.
14. what illegal activity does Qwilleran learn about from the manuscript?
(a) Someone in Junktown is an undercover FBI agent.
(b) Someone in Junktown is blackmailing C. C.
(c) Someone in Junktown is selling fake antique clocks.
(d) Someone in Junktown is dealing drugs.
15. What device does Mary bring Qwilleran to help his injured knee?
(a) Some thick ointment.
(b) A heat lamp.
(c) Some elastic bandages.
(d) A leg brace.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the cats behave when Qwilleran and Mary almost kiss?
2. Who was the only one who had read Andy's novel?
3. How does Qwilleran first try to discover who the drug dealer is?
4. Thinking about what he saw in the dust at the theatre, what does Qwilleran believe caused the swirl pattern?
5. On his outing with Ben, what important observation does Qwilleran make?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)