|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Qwilleran is in Iris's shop, who surprises him with a visit?
(a) Koko and Yum Yum.
(b) Another reporter from the Fluxion.
(c) Mary Duxbury's father.
(d) Riker's wife, Rosie.
2. What had Mary found at Andy's place identical to what Qwilleran found in his apartment?
(a) A feather.
(b) A piece of lead pipe.
(c) A newspaper clipping.
(d) A strangely folded twenty-dollar bill.
3. What mystery is solved after Qwilleran and Mary find the secret space?
(a) How the cats get into Ben's apartment.
(b) When the house was built.
(c) Why strange sounds happen during the night.
(d) How C. C. was able to move the candle.
4. What interrupts Qwilleran as he first sits down to read the manuscript?
(a) The cats wanting to play.
(b) A noise coming from Ben's apartment.
(c) A meeting at the Fluxion office.
(d) A call from Iris.
5. As Qwilleran begins reading Andy's manuscript, what becomes clear?
(a) It is a real masterpiece.
(b) It has nothing to do with Junktown people.
(c) It is based on people of Junktown.
(d) It is a plan for stealing antiques.
6. What do Qwilleran and Mary discover in his apartment?
(a) A secret compartment behind his bookshelf.
(b) A trap door under his rug.
(c) An open ventilation vent behind his bed.
(d) A crawl space in the ceiling.
7. What is Qwilleran's narrow escape while hunting with Ben?
(a) Nearly falling from a ladder.
(b) Nearly falling down a laundry chute.
(c) Nearly falling through a railing.
(d) Nearly falling through a trap door.
8. What was the original purpose of the space Qwilleran and Mary discover?
(a) To hide runaway slaves.
(b) To escape if there is a fire.
(c) To get from the third floor to the first.
(d) To store old furniture.
9. Back home, what does Iris say about the radio Hollis Prantz was looking for?
(a) Fhe wasn't saving any radio for him.
(b) She never stocked radios.
(c) The radio is in her apartment.
(d) C. C. had sold the radio.
10. Who does Qwilleran take on a search of his building?
(a) Scarlett, the parrot.
(b) Bowser, the dog.
(c) Yum Yum, the cat.
(d) Koko, the cat.
11. When Ben comes to Qwilleran's room for a visit, what does Qwilleran try to get him to admit?
(a) That he was at the Ellsworth House the night of the murder.
(b) That he entices Koko into his apartment.
(c) That he is the drug dealer Qwilleran is looking for.
(d) That he knows who killed C. C. Cobb.
12. Who goes with Qwilleran to visit Russell Patch?
13. How do the cats behave when Qwilleran and Mary almost kiss?
(a) With an outburst of hissing and yowling.
(b) By jumping up on Qwilleran and Mary.
(c) By hiding under the bed.
(d) By disappearing from Qwilleran's apartment.
14. Which character in the novel has "an expensive sound system"?
(a) Ben Nicholas.
(c) Hollis Prantz.
(d) Russell Patch.
15. What had C. C. hinted about Ben's financial situation?
(a) That he draws Social Security.
(b) That he is facing bankruptcy.
(c) That he is behind on his rent.
(d) That he has a secret source of income.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iris say about the machine Qwilleran found?
2. Whose car does Qwilleran discover fits the size and shape of the second car that was at the Ellsworth House?
3. When someone comes in asking for horse braces, what are they really looking for?
4. What does Qwilleran discover that Andy Glanz was doing before his murder?
5. Why does Qwilleran take Koko with him to search the building?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)