|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes with Qwilleran to visit Russell Patch?
2. How do the cats behave when Qwilleran and Mary almost kiss?
(a) By hiding under the bed.
(b) By disappearing from Qwilleran's apartment.
(c) By jumping up on Qwilleran and Mary.
(d) With an outburst of hissing and yowling.
3. What does Qwilleran learn about the Chandelier in Andy's shop?
(a) It has been exchanged for another chandelier.
(b) It was a fake with glass instead of crystal.
(c) It had faulty wiring.
(d) The Rikers were the couple who came to buy it.
4. While Prantz is searching for radios in C. C.'s apartment, whet does Qwilleran notice?
(a) The tassles on his scarf.
(b) The snow on his overcoat.
(c) His footwear.
(d) The feather in his hat.
5. What device does Mary bring Qwilleran to help his injured knee?
(a) A heat lamp.
(b) Some elastic bandages.
(c) Some thick ointment.
(d) A leg brace.
6. What is rumored that former mayor Ellsworth had hidden in the house where C. C. was murdered?
(a) A rare stamp collection.
(b) A substantial fortune.
(c) A treasure map.
(d) Rare antiques.
7. What had Mary found at Andy's place identical to what Qwilleran found in his apartment?
(a) A newspaper clipping.
(b) A feather.
(c) A piece of lead pipe.
(d) A strangely folded twenty-dollar bill.
8. Who is Russell Patch's roommate?
9. What do Qwilleran and Mary discover in his apartment?
(a) A trap door under his rug.
(b) A crawl space in the ceiling.
(c) A secret compartment behind his bookshelf.
(d) An open ventilation vent behind his bed.
10. What distracts Qwilleran as he unfolds the piece of foil the cats have left for him?
(a) Koko accidentally turns on the tape player.
(b) Someone is pounding on his door.
(c) Yum Yum goes crazy running around the apartment.
(d) Firetrucks come rushing into Junktown.
11. What does Qwilleran do for Iris Cobb during her extended absence?
(a) Calls her relatives in Ohio.
(b) Takes a turn managing her shop.
(c) Feeds her cat.
(d) Gguards her apartment.
12. What was the original purpose of the space Qwilleran and Mary discover?
(a) To hide runaway slaves.
(b) To store old furniture.
(c) To get from the third floor to the first.
(d) To escape if there is a fire.
13. How does Qwilleran make his manuscript discovery?
(a) He starts to build a fire.
(b) The cats lead him to it.
(c) He has a dream about where it is.
(d) Koko pulls it from under the bed.
14. What innuendo does Ivy make about Iris Cobb?
(a) That she is in love with Qwilleran.
(b) That she may have murdered her first husband.
(c) That she is a bigamist.
(d) That she knows who murdered C. C.
15. Where is the antique dealers' meeting held?
(a) In C. C.'s shop.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the local church.
(d) In Qwilleran's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mary leaves, what does Qwilleran ask his cats?
2. What information does Qwilleran relay to his editor, Riker?
3. How does Qwilleran first try to discover who the drug dealer is?
4. What does Mary go over while she is visiting Qwilleran?
5. Who does Qwilleran take on a search of his building?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)