|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Qwilleran that Iris Cobb's assumed ghost was really C. C. playing tricks on his wife?
2. How does Qwilleran first try to discover who the drug dealer is?
(a) By sending a fluxion copyboy undercover.
(b) By checking with the police.
(c) By letting Koko sniff around the various shops.
(d) By trying to buy drugs himself.
3. When Ben comes to Qwilleran's room for a visit, what does Qwilleran try to get him to admit?
(a) That he knows who killed C. C. Cobb.
(b) That he entices Koko into his apartment.
(c) That he was at the Ellsworth House the night of the murder.
(d) That he is the drug dealer Qwilleran is looking for.
4. From where does Qwilleran believe KoKo has been finding things he leaves for Qwilleran?
(a) Under the tub.
(b) In C. C.'s shop.
(c) On the stairs.
(d) From out on the roof.
5. When someone comes in asking for horse braces, what are they really looking for?
(c) Stolen electronics.
(d) Stolen jewelry.
6. How is the weather during the Junktown Block Party?
(a) Harsh and cold with morning snow.
(b) Bad at first but turning sunny.
(c) Sunny in the morning but raining later.
(d) Windy and foggy in the morning.
7. What does Mary go over while she is visiting Qwilleran?
(a) His list of sales and inquiries from Iris's shop.
(b) The titles of books on his bookshelf.
(c) The scratch he has on his hand.
(d) The events of the past day.
8. What does Qwilleran learn about the Chandelier in Andy's shop?
(a) The Rikers were the couple who came to buy it.
(b) It has been exchanged for another chandelier.
(c) It had faulty wiring.
(d) It was a fake with glass instead of crystal.
9. Where is the antique dealers' meeting held?
(a) In the local church.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In C. C.'s shop.
(d) In Qwilleran's room.
10. Why does Qwilleran take Koko with him to search the building?
(a) To find Yum Yum.
(b) He hoped to find out where Koko disappears to.
(c) As an excuse if he is found out.
(d) The cat had help solve previous mysteries.
11. What had Mary found at Andy's place identical to what Qwilleran found in his apartment?
(a) A strangely folded twenty-dollar bill.
(b) A feather.
(c) A piece of lead pipe.
(d) A newspaper clipping.
12. What does Mary say is strange about the request for horse braces?
(a) She has had the same inquiries at her shop.
(b) Very few people even know what they are.
(c) No one wants them anymore.
(d) She never heard of such items.
13. Thinking about what he saw in the dust at the theatre, what does Qwilleran believe caused the swirl pattern?
(a) The pivot of a boot print.
(b) A draft from under the stage.
(c) The antics of a cat.
(d) The tassles on Ben's scarf.
14. What mystery is solved after Qwilleran and Mary find the secret space?
(a) Why strange sounds happen during the night.
(b) When the house was built.
(c) How the cats get into Ben's apartment.
(d) How C. C. was able to move the candle.
15. Who is Cluthra, the woman C. C. was having an affair with?
(a) One of the Three Weird Sisters.
(b) Iris's sister.
(c) Miss Duckworth's aunt.
(d) A woman reporter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important discovery is located right there in Qwilleran's room?
2. What do Qwilleran and Mary discover in his apartment?
3. What device does Mary bring Qwilleran to help his injured knee?
4. Where do Qwilleran and Ben go on a late night "scrounge."?
5. How is the relationship between Qwilleran and Mary progressing?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)