|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Koko turns on the tape player again, what do Qwilleran and Ben hear?
(a) Cobb telling Iris he wanted a divorce.
(b) Cobb talking to a police officer about Ben.
(c) Cobb blackmailing Ben.
(d) Cobb talking to Cluthra.
2. What do Qwilleran and Mary discover in his apartment?
(a) A trap door under his rug.
(b) An open ventilation vent behind his bed.
(c) A crawl space in the ceiling.
(d) A secret compartment behind his bookshelf.
3. Why does Qwilleran think people will be astonished when he enters the Press Club dinner?
(a) His date is Sylvia Katzenhide.
(b) His date is Iris Cobb.
(c) His date is Mary Duxbury.
(d) His date is Cluthra.
4. When Ben buys drinks for everyone, what does Qwilleran observe about Ben's money?
(a) It is folded like the bill he found in his apartment.
(b) It is a little damp.
(c) It is kept in an antique wallet.
(d) It is held together with a silver money clip.
5. Who does Mary suspect was giving her crank calls?
(b) C. C. Cobbs.
6. What was Andy contemplating on selling, according to Mary Duckworth?
(a) The finial he fell on.
(b) The light fixture destroyed on the night of his death.
(c) His entire shop.
(d) The ladder he supposedly fell off of.
7. What device does Mary bring Qwilleran to help his injured knee?
(a) A heat lamp.
(b) Some elastic bandages.
(c) Some thick ointment.
(d) A leg brace.
8. what illegal activity does Qwilleran learn about from the manuscript?
(a) Someone in Junktown is blackmailing C. C.
(b) Someone in Junktown is selling fake antique clocks.
(c) Someone in Junktown is an undercover FBI agent.
(d) Someone in Junktown is dealing drugs.
9. When Ben comes to Qwilleran's room for a visit, what does Qwilleran try to get him to admit?
(a) That he is the drug dealer Qwilleran is looking for.
(b) That he was at the Ellsworth House the night of the murder.
(c) That he knows who killed C. C. Cobb.
(d) That he entices Koko into his apartment.
10. How does Qwilleran first try to discover who the drug dealer is?
(a) By checking with the police.
(b) By trying to buy drugs himself.
(c) By letting Koko sniff around the various shops.
(d) By sending a fluxion copyboy undercover.
11. What had Mary found at Andy's place identical to what Qwilleran found in his apartment?
(a) A piece of lead pipe.
(b) A newspaper clipping.
(c) A feather.
(d) A strangely folded twenty-dollar bill.
12. What is The Lion's Tail?
(a) Achildren's story.
(b) An antique shop.
(c) A street name.
(d) A bar.
13. In the fight between Qwilleran, what happens to prevent Ben from escaping?
(a) The MacIntosh coat of arms falls and knocks Ben out.
(b) Koko scratches Ben in the eye.
(c) Dennis runs in to help Qwilleran.
(d) Mary shows up with a pistol.
14. What is Qwilleran's impression of Hollis Prantz?
(a) That he is afraid of someone.
(b) That he is hiding something.
(c) That he is stupid.
(d) That he is a fraud.
15. What had C. C. hinted about Ben's financial situation?
(a) That he is facing bankruptcy.
(b) That he draws Social Security.
(c) That he has a secret source of income.
(d) That he is behind on his rent.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mary leaves, what does Qwilleran ask his cats?
2. What does Qwilleran find in Ben's apartment during a visit?
3. Who visits Qwilleran in his apartment only to be snubbed by Koko?
4. When someone comes in asking for horse braces, what are they really looking for?
5. Visiting the Fluxion office, what does Riker tell Qwilleran?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)