|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Qwilleran and Ben go on a late night "scrounge."?
(a) The Garrick Theatre.
(b) Andy's shop.
(c) The Gaston Museum.
(d) The Ellsworth House.
2. Thinking about what he saw in the dust at the theatre, what does Qwilleran believe caused the swirl pattern?
(a) The tassles on Ben's scarf.
(b) The antics of a cat.
(c) A draft from under the stage.
(d) The pivot of a boot print.
3. What does Iris say about the machine Qwilleran found?
(a) She thinks it doesn't work.
(b) It's not hers.
(c) She doesn't want it.
(d) She's been looking for it.
4. Who does Mary suspect was giving her crank calls?
(b) C. C. Cobbs.
5. Where was the "hot" manuscript hidden?
(a) Behind the bookshelf.
(b) Under the rug.
(c) In the pot bellied stove.
(d) Under a photograph in a frame.
6. Who is Cluthra, the woman C. C. was having an affair with?
(a) A woman reporter.
(b) Iris's sister.
(c) One of the Three Weird Sisters.
(d) Miss Duckworth's aunt.
7. What is Qwilleran's narrow escape while hunting with Ben?
(a) Nearly falling from a ladder.
(b) Nearly falling through a trap door.
(c) Nearly falling down a laundry chute.
(d) Nearly falling through a railing.
8. After leaving the police station, who is the person he leaves Iris with?
(a) Mary Duckworth.
(c) Ben Nicolas.
(d) A nurse at the hospital.
9. Who visits Qwilleran in his apartment only to be snubbed by Koko?
10. What is the meeting about among the antique dealers?
(a) Who might have motive for killing Andy.
(b) Finding support for saving Junktown.
(c) Plans for the block party.
(d) How to beautify the area.
11. What is Qwilleran thinking about when he goes to bed after leaving the bar?
(a) The dust swirls in the theatre.
(b) The tire tracks at Ellsworth House.
(c) The Press Club dinner.
(d) Where Koko goes at night.
12. How do the cats behave when Qwilleran and Mary almost kiss?
(a) With an outburst of hissing and yowling.
(b) By jumping up on Qwilleran and Mary.
(c) By hiding under the bed.
(d) By disappearing from Qwilleran's apartment.
13. What is rumored that former mayor Ellsworth had hidden in the house where C. C. was murdered?
(a) A rare stamp collection.
(b) Rare antiques.
(c) A treasure map.
(d) A substantial fortune.
14. What do Qwilleran and Mary discover about Andy's unreported income?
(a) It was hidden inside the matress of Qwilleran's bed.
(b) It was hidden in the secret compartment.
(c) It was hidden in the flue of the pot bellied stove.
(d) It was hidden behind the book pages papering the walls.
15. What had Mary found at Andy's place identical to what Qwilleran found in his apartment?
(a) A piece of lead pipe.
(b) A newspaper clipping.
(c) A feather.
(d) A strangely folded twenty-dollar bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interrupts the meeting?
2. Who is Russell Patch's roommate?
3. Who do Qwilleran and Iris suspect killed C. C.?
4. What do Qwilleran and Mary discover in his apartment?
5. What is Qwilleran first told Russell's roommate does for a living?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)