|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose car does Qwilleran discover fits the size and shape of the second car that was at the Ellsworth House?
2. What is Qwilleran's narrow escape while hunting with Ben?
(a) Nearly falling through a trap door.
(b) Nearly falling down a laundry chute.
(c) Nearly falling from a ladder.
(d) Nearly falling through a railing.
3. When Koko turns on the tape player again, what do Qwilleran and Ben hear?
(a) Cobb telling Iris he wanted a divorce.
(b) Cobb blackmailing Ben.
(c) Cobb talking to a police officer about Ben.
(d) Cobb talking to Cluthra.
4. What is Qwilleran's impression of Hollis Prantz?
(a) That he is stupid.
(b) That he is hiding something.
(c) That he is a fraud.
(d) That he is afraid of someone.
5. Who do Qwilleran and Iris suspect killed C. C.?
(a) The police.
(b) Another antique dealer.
(c) C. C.'s ex partner.
(d) A woman he was having an affair with.
6. What mystery is solved after Qwilleran and Mary find the secret space?
(a) How the cats get into Ben's apartment.
(b) How C. C. was able to move the candle.
(c) Why strange sounds happen during the night.
(d) When the house was built.
7. What do Qwilleran and Mary discover about Andy's unreported income?
(a) It was hidden in the flue of the pot bellied stove.
(b) It was hidden in the secret compartment.
(c) It was hidden inside the matress of Qwilleran's bed.
(d) It was hidden behind the book pages papering the walls.
8. What device does Mary bring Qwilleran to help his injured knee?
(a) Some elastic bandages.
(b) A leg brace.
(c) Some thick ointment.
(d) A heat lamp.
9. What interrupts Qwilleran as he first sits down to read the manuscript?
(a) A call from Iris.
(b) A meeting at the Fluxion office.
(c) A noise coming from Ben's apartment.
(d) The cats wanting to play.
10. When someone comes in asking for horse braces, what are they really looking for?
(a) Stolen jewelry.
(b) Stolen electronics.
11. Why does Qwilleran take a cat to Russell Patch's apartment?
(a) To let the cat get some exercise.
(b) To see if Russell is allergic to cats.
(c) To see if the cat can find something.
(d) To keep himself company.
12. What interrupts the meeting?
(a) Loud radio music from Cobbs's shop.
(b) A scream coming from Iris's apartment.
(c) A police visit to the group.
(d) A cave-in on the roof.
13. What is Cluthra's theory about Mary's broken foot?
(a) That she broke it kicking in a door.
(b) That she deliberately dropped an urn on it.
(c) That it is not broken at all.
(d) That she fell off the ladder at Andy's place.
14. Who tells Qwilleran that Iris Cobb's assumed ghost was really C. C. playing tricks on his wife?
15. Where do Qwilleran and Ben go on a late night "scrounge."?
(a) The Gaston Museum.
(b) The Ellsworth House.
(c) The Garrick Theatre.
(d) Andy's shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meeting about among the antique dealers?
2. Who goes with Qwilleran to visit Russell Patch?
3. What does Qwilleran hear on the tape he found?
4. At Patch's house, what sends Koko into a frenzy?
5. During their conversation, what does Mary reveal about her quarrel with Andy the night of his death?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)