|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose boot sole matches a footprint Qwilleran found in the Elsworth house?
(a) Iris Cobbs.
(b) Russel Prantz.
(c) Ben Nicolas.
(d) Russel Patch.
2. What do Qwilleran and Mary discover in his apartment?
(a) A trap door under his rug.
(b) A crawl space in the ceiling.
(c) An open ventilation vent behind his bed.
(d) A secret compartment behind his bookshelf.
3. Who do Qwilleran and Iris suspect killed C. C.?
(a) The police.
(b) Another antique dealer.
(c) A woman he was having an affair with.
(d) C. C.'s ex partner.
4. While Prantz is searching for radios in C. C.'s apartment, whet does Qwilleran notice?
(a) The tassles on his scarf.
(b) The snow on his overcoat.
(c) The feather in his hat.
(d) His footwear.
5. In the fight between Qwilleran, what happens to prevent Ben from escaping?
(a) Dennis runs in to help Qwilleran.
(b) The MacIntosh coat of arms falls and knocks Ben out.
(c) Koko scratches Ben in the eye.
(d) Mary shows up with a pistol.
6. Who visits Qwilleran in his apartment only to be snubbed by Koko?
7. What had C. C. hinted about Ben's financial situation?
(a) That he is facing bankruptcy.
(b) That he is behind on his rent.
(c) That he has a secret source of income.
(d) That he draws Social Security.
8. Where do Qwilleran and Ben go on a late night "scrounge."?
(a) The Ellsworth House.
(b) The Gaston Museum.
(c) The Garrick Theatre.
(d) Andy's shop.
9. What innuendo does Ivy make about Iris Cobb?
(a) That she is in love with Qwilleran.
(b) That she knows who murdered C. C.
(c) That she may have murdered her first husband.
(d) That she is a bigamist.
10. What does Qwilleran notice in the drive of the Ellsworth house?
(a) Overturned trash cans.
(b) Footprints of a man and a dog.
(c) Tire tracks of three different vehicles.
(d) Two car shaped patches in the snow.
11. What is Cluthra's theory about Mary's broken foot?
(a) That she fell off the ladder at Andy's place.
(b) That she deliberately dropped an urn on it.
(c) That it is not broken at all.
(d) That she broke it kicking in a door.
12. After Mary leaves, what does Qwilleran ask his cats?
(a) What they would like for dinner.
(b) If they have been behaving.
(c) Why they don't like Mary.
(d) What they're going to bring him next.
13. From where does Qwilleran believe KoKo has been finding things he leaves for Qwilleran?
(a) Under the tub.
(b) In C. C.'s shop.
(c) From out on the roof.
(d) On the stairs.
14. Why does Qwilleran take a cat to Russell Patch's apartment?
(a) To keep himself company.
(b) To see if Russell is allergic to cats.
(c) To see if the cat can find something.
(d) To let the cat get some exercise.
15. What does Qwilleran discover that Andy Glanz was doing before his murder?
(a) Talking to the police about activities in Junktown.
(b) Writing a novel based on people in Junktown.
(c) Planning to enlarge his antique shop.
(d) Keeping a diary about his affairs in Junktown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Qwilleran hear on the tape he found?
2. Who tells Qwilleran that Iris Cobb's assumed ghost was really C. C. playing tricks on his wife?
3. What does Qwilleran do for Iris Cobb during her extended absence?
4. On his outing with Ben, what important observation does Qwilleran make?
5. What is Qwilleran first told Russell's roommate does for a living?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)