|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Qwilleran do for Iris Cobb during her extended absence?
(a) Calls her relatives in Ohio.
(b) Gguards her apartment.
(c) Takes a turn managing her shop.
(d) Feeds her cat.
2. Whose car does Qwilleran discover fits the size and shape of the second car that was at the Ellsworth House?
3. What do Qwilleran and Mary discover in his apartment?
(a) An open ventilation vent behind his bed.
(b) A crawl space in the ceiling.
(c) A trap door under his rug.
(d) A secret compartment behind his bookshelf.
4. What important discovery is located right there in Qwilleran's room?
(a) A letter from Iris to Andy Glantz.
(b) Glantz's manuscript.
(c) A photo of Iris and Andy being intimate.
(d) A blueprint of the Cobb house.
5. What is Qwilleran thinking about when he goes to bed after leaving the bar?
(a) The Press Club dinner.
(b) Where Koko goes at night.
(c) The tire tracks at Ellsworth House.
(d) The dust swirls in the theatre.
6. What is the meeting about among the antique dealers?
(a) Finding support for saving Junktown.
(b) Plans for the block party.
(c) How to beautify the area.
(d) Who might have motive for killing Andy.
7. After Mary leaves, what does Qwilleran ask his cats?
(a) If they have been behaving.
(b) What they would like for dinner.
(c) What they're going to bring him next.
(d) Why they don't like Mary.
8. When someone comes in asking for horse braces, what are they really looking for?
(a) Stolen electronics.
(c) Stolen jewelry.
9. While Prantz is searching for radios in C. C.'s apartment, whet does Qwilleran notice?
(a) The tassles on his scarf.
(b) His footwear.
(c) The snow on his overcoat.
(d) The feather in his hat.
10. What does Qwilleran learn about the Chandelier in Andy's shop?
(a) It has been exchanged for another chandelier.
(b) The Rikers were the couple who came to buy it.
(c) It had faulty wiring.
(d) It was a fake with glass instead of crystal.
11. How does Qwilleran make his manuscript discovery?
(a) He has a dream about where it is.
(b) Koko pulls it from under the bed.
(c) He starts to build a fire.
(d) The cats lead him to it.
12. What was Andy contemplating on selling, according to Mary Duckworth?
(a) The finial he fell on.
(b) The ladder he supposedly fell off of.
(c) The light fixture destroyed on the night of his death.
(d) His entire shop.
13. What had Mary found at Andy's place identical to what Qwilleran found in his apartment?
(a) A strangely folded twenty-dollar bill.
(b) A piece of lead pipe.
(c) A feather.
(d) A newspaper clipping.
14. Who is Cluthra, the woman C. C. was having an affair with?
(a) A woman reporter.
(b) Iris's sister.
(c) One of the Three Weird Sisters.
(d) Miss Duckworth's aunt.
15. What information does Qwilleran relay to his editor, Riker?
(a) That the block party has been canceled.
(b) That Miss Duckworth is dea.
(c) That C. C. is dead.
(d) That he is not writing the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Qwilleran find in Ben's apartment during a visit?
2. What distracts Qwilleran as he unfolds the piece of foil the cats have left for him?
3. What device does Mary bring Qwilleran to help his injured knee?
4. What is Qwilleran's impression of Hollis Prantz?
5. In a conversation with Mary, what does Qwilleran avoid doing?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)