|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose car does Qwilleran discover fits the size and shape of the second car that was at the Ellsworth House?
2. What is Cluthra's theory about Mary's broken foot?
(a) That she broke it kicking in a door.
(b) That she deliberately dropped an urn on it.
(c) That it is not broken at all.
(d) That she fell off the ladder at Andy's place.
3. What was Andy contemplating on selling, according to Mary Duckworth?
(a) The ladder he supposedly fell off of.
(b) The light fixture destroyed on the night of his death.
(c) The finial he fell on.
(d) His entire shop.
4. Why does Qwilleran take a cat to Russell Patch's apartment?
(a) To see if the cat can find something.
(b) To keep himself company.
(c) To let the cat get some exercise.
(d) To see if Russell is allergic to cats.
5. Visiting the Fluxion office, what does Riker tell Qwilleran?
(a) He will get paid extra for investigating the murders.
(b) To stop his feature on Junktown and concentrate on the murders.
(c) Nobody is interested in reading about Junktown.
(d) He has a good chance of winning the writing prize.
6. What is the result of Qwilleran's efforts to track down Andy's manuscript?
(a) Found hidden in his shop.
(c) Hidden in Mary's shop.
(d) In the possession of Mrs. McGuffey.
7. As Qwilleran begins reading Andy's manuscript, what becomes clear?
(a) It has nothing to do with Junktown people.
(b) It is based on people of Junktown.
(c) It is a plan for stealing antiques.
(d) It is a real masterpiece.
8. In a conversation with Mary, what does Qwilleran avoid doing?
(a) Warning her that she will be hurt by what he writes.
(b) Telling her he will not write about the murder.
(c) Letting her know he suspects she is a murderer.
(d) Asking her to care for the cats for a few days.
9. What does Qwilleran do for Iris Cobb during her extended absence?
(a) Takes a turn managing her shop.
(b) Calls her relatives in Ohio.
(c) Gguards her apartment.
(d) Feeds her cat.
10. Back home, what does Iris say about the radio Hollis Prantz was looking for?
(a) C. C. had sold the radio.
(b) She never stocked radios.
(c) The radio is in her apartment.
(d) Fhe wasn't saving any radio for him.
11. Who does Qwilleran take on a search of his building?
(a) Scarlett, the parrot.
(b) Yum Yum, the cat.
(c) Bowser, the dog.
(d) Koko, the cat.
12. What awaits Qwilleran when he returns to his apartment?
(a) A message to call the Fluxion.
(b) A chocolate cake from Iris.
(c) A note from Mary.
(d) Another gift from Koko and Yum Yum.
13. Who does Mary suspect was giving her crank calls?
(b) C. C. Cobbs.
14. What interrupts Qwilleran as he first sits down to read the manuscript?
(a) A call from Iris.
(b) A noise coming from Ben's apartment.
(c) The cats wanting to play.
(d) A meeting at the Fluxion office.
15. Whose boot sole matches a footprint Qwilleran found in the Elsworth house?
(a) Ben Nicolas.
(b) Iris Cobbs.
(c) Russel Prantz.
(d) Russel Patch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hollis Prantz come looking for at the Cobbs's building?
2. What does Qwilleran notice in the drive of the Ellsworth house?
3. From where does Qwilleran believe KoKo has been finding things he leaves for Qwilleran?
4. What does Qwilleran discover that Andy Glanz was doing before his murder?
5. When Ben comes to Qwilleran's room for a visit, what does Qwilleran try to get him to admit?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)