|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Qwilleran thinking about when he goes to bed after leaving the bar?
(a) The dust swirls in the theatre.
(b) The Press Club dinner.
(c) The tire tracks at Ellsworth House.
(d) Where Koko goes at night.
2. What is rumored that former mayor Ellsworth had hidden in the house where C. C. was murdered?
(a) Rare antiques.
(b) A treasure map.
(c) A rare stamp collection.
(d) A substantial fortune.
3. What had C. C. hinted about Ben's financial situation?
(a) That he is behind on his rent.
(b) That he is facing bankruptcy.
(c) That he has a secret source of income.
(d) That he draws Social Security.
4. Who is Russell Patch's roommate?
5. What is the meeting about among the antique dealers?
(a) How to beautify the area.
(b) Finding support for saving Junktown.
(c) Who might have motive for killing Andy.
(d) Plans for the block party.
6. What information does Qwilleran relay to his editor, Riker?
(a) That the block party has been canceled.
(b) That he is not writing the story.
(c) That Miss Duckworth is dea.
(d) That C. C. is dead.
7. Why does Qwilleran take a cat to Russell Patch's apartment?
(a) To let the cat get some exercise.
(b) To see if Russell is allergic to cats.
(c) To see if the cat can find something.
(d) To keep himself company.
8. What was Andy contemplating on selling, according to Mary Duckworth?
(a) The finial he fell on.
(b) The ladder he supposedly fell off of.
(c) The light fixture destroyed on the night of his death.
(d) His entire shop.
9. What is the significance of the hair Qwilleran found?
(a) It came from Iris.
(b) It came from Mary.
(c) It came from Koko.
(d) It came from Yum Yum, his cat.
10. Where do Qwilleran and Ben go on a late night "scrounge."?
(a) The Gaston Museum.
(b) Andy's shop.
(c) The Ellsworth House.
(d) The Garrick Theatre.
11. On Christmas Eve how does Koko keep distracting Qwilleran?
(a) By fighting with Yum Yum.
(b) By meowing for food.
(c) By disappearing behind the bookshelf.
(d) By turning the lights on and off.
12. Who visits Qwilleran in his apartment only to be snubbed by Koko?
13. Who goes with Qwilleran to visit Russell Patch?
14. Whose boot sole matches a footprint Qwilleran found in the Elsworth house?
(a) Iris Cobbs.
(b) Russel Patch.
(c) Ben Nicolas.
(d) Russel Prantz.
15. Who helps Qwilleran hand the Mackintosh coat of arms over his mantle?
(a) Hollis Prantz.
(b) Dennis, Iris's son.
(c) Riker's son.
(d) Ben Nicolas.
Short Answer Questions
1. On his outing with Ben, what important observation does Qwilleran make?
2. What does Qwilleran notice in the drive of the Ellsworth house?
3. What does Mary say is strange about the request for horse braces?
4. In a conversation with Mary, what does Qwilleran avoid doing?
5. Where is the antique dealers' meeting held?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)