|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. what illegal activity does Qwilleran learn about from the manuscript?
(a) Someone in Junktown is selling fake antique clocks.
(b) Someone in Junktown is dealing drugs.
(c) Someone in Junktown is blackmailing C. C.
(d) Someone in Junktown is an undercover FBI agent.
2. What is the significance of the hair Qwilleran found?
(a) It came from Koko.
(b) It came from Iris.
(c) It came from Yum Yum, his cat.
(d) It came from Mary.
3. Whose boot sole matches a footprint Qwilleran found in the Elsworth house?
(a) Russel Prantz.
(b) Iris Cobbs.
(c) Ben Nicolas.
(d) Russel Patch.
4. Visiting the Fluxion office, what does Riker tell Qwilleran?
(a) He has a good chance of winning the writing prize.
(b) To stop his feature on Junktown and concentrate on the murders.
(c) He will get paid extra for investigating the murders.
(d) Nobody is interested in reading about Junktown.
5. In a conversation with Mary, what does Qwilleran avoid doing?
(a) Warning her that she will be hurt by what he writes.
(b) Telling her he will not write about the murder.
(c) Letting her know he suspects she is a murderer.
(d) Asking her to care for the cats for a few days.
6. What does Qwilleran discover that Andy Glanz was doing before his murder?
(a) Writing a novel based on people in Junktown.
(b) Planning to enlarge his antique shop.
(c) Talking to the police about activities in Junktown.
(d) Keeping a diary about his affairs in Junktown.
7. What important discovery is located right there in Qwilleran's room?
(a) A letter from Iris to Andy Glantz.
(b) Glantz's manuscript.
(c) A photo of Iris and Andy being intimate.
(d) A blueprint of the Cobb house.
8. What had C. C. hinted about Ben's financial situation?
(a) That he draws Social Security.
(b) That he is facing bankruptcy.
(c) That he is behind on his rent.
(d) That he has a secret source of income.
9. On his outing with Ben, what important observation does Qwilleran make?
(a) Something behind the curtains.
(b) Something in the dust on the floor.
(c) Something near the exit.
(d) Something in a dressing room.
10. What does Qwilleran notice in the drive of the Ellsworth house?
(a) Overturned trash cans.
(b) Footprints of a man and a dog.
(c) Tire tracks of three different vehicles.
(d) Two car shaped patches in the snow.
11. What distracts Qwilleran as he unfolds the piece of foil the cats have left for him?
(a) Firetrucks come rushing into Junktown.
(b) Koko accidentally turns on the tape player.
(c) Yum Yum goes crazy running around the apartment.
(d) Someone is pounding on his door.
12. What is rumored that former mayor Ellsworth had hidden in the house where C. C. was murdered?
(a) Rare antiques.
(b) A rare stamp collection.
(c) A treasure map.
(d) A substantial fortune.
13. From where does Qwilleran believe KoKo has been finding things he leaves for Qwilleran?
(a) On the stairs.
(b) From out on the roof.
(c) In C. C.'s shop.
(d) Under the tub.
14. What device does Mary bring Qwilleran to help his injured knee?
(a) A heat lamp.
(b) A leg brace.
(c) Some elastic bandages.
(d) Some thick ointment.
15. Who does Qwilleran take on a search of his building?
(a) Koko, the cat.
(b) Bowser, the dog.
(c) Scarlett, the parrot.
(d) Yum Yum, the cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the original purpose of the space Qwilleran and Mary discover?
2. What do Qwilleran and Mary discover in his apartment?
3. While Qwilleran is in Iris's shop, who surprises him with a visit?
4. What does Mary say is strange about the request for horse braces?
5. Where was the "hot" manuscript hidden?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)