|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Christmas Eve how does Koko keep distracting Qwilleran?
(a) By fighting with Yum Yum.
(b) By meowing for food.
(c) By disappearing behind the bookshelf.
(d) By turning the lights on and off.
2. What information does Qwilleran relay to his editor, Riker?
(a) That C. C. is dead.
(b) That the block party has been canceled.
(c) That Miss Duckworth is dea.
(d) That he is not writing the story.
3. What do Qwilleran and Mary discover in his apartment?
(a) An open ventilation vent behind his bed.
(b) A secret compartment behind his bookshelf.
(c) A crawl space in the ceiling.
(d) A trap door under his rug.
4. Why had Rosie come to Junktown?
(a) To find out who bought the chandelier.
(b) To buy a gift for her husband.
(c) To look for a horse brace.
(d) To spy on Qwilleran.
5. Back home, what does Iris say about the radio Hollis Prantz was looking for?
(a) She never stocked radios.
(b) Fhe wasn't saving any radio for him.
(c) The radio is in her apartment.
(d) C. C. had sold the radio.
6. What interrupts Qwilleran as he first sits down to read the manuscript?
(a) A meeting at the Fluxion office.
(b) A noise coming from Ben's apartment.
(c) A call from Iris.
(d) The cats wanting to play.
7. When Koko turns on the tape player again, what do Qwilleran and Ben hear?
(a) Cobb blackmailing Ben.
(b) Cobb talking to a police officer about Ben.
(c) Cobb talking to Cluthra.
(d) Cobb telling Iris he wanted a divorce.
8. In a conversation with Mary, what does Qwilleran avoid doing?
(a) Letting her know he suspects she is a murderer.
(b) Warning her that she will be hurt by what he writes.
(c) Telling her he will not write about the murder.
(d) Asking her to care for the cats for a few days.
9. Who does Qwilleran suspect of causing the loud noise?
(c) Yum Yum.
10. What is Qwilleran first told Russell's roommate does for a living?
(a) That he is a hairdresser.
(b) That he is a secretary.
(c) That he is a manicurist.
(d) That he is a chef.
11. What awaits Qwilleran when he returns to his apartment?
(a) A message to call the Fluxion.
(b) A chocolate cake from Iris.
(c) Another gift from Koko and Yum Yum.
(d) A note from Mary.
12. What was the original purpose of the space Qwilleran and Mary discover?
(a) To hide runaway slaves.
(b) To get from the third floor to the first.
(c) To store old furniture.
(d) To escape if there is a fire.
13. Who is Cluthra, the woman C. C. was having an affair with?
(a) Miss Duckworth's aunt.
(b) Iris's sister.
(c) One of the Three Weird Sisters.
(d) A woman reporter.
14. What is Qwilleran's impression of Hollis Prantz?
(a) That he is a fraud.
(b) That he is hiding something.
(c) That he is stupid.
(d) That he is afraid of someone.
15. Who is Russell Patch's roommate?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the antique dealers' meeting held?
2. What do Qwilleran and Mary discover about Andy's unreported income?
3. What innuendo does Ivy make about Iris Cobb?
4. After leaving the police station, who is the person he leaves Iris with?
5. Why does Qwilleran take a cat to Russell Patch's apartment?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)