|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character in the novel has "an expensive sound system"?
(a) Russell Patch.
(b) Ben Nicholas.
(d) Hollis Prantz.
2. At Patch's house, what sends Koko into a frenzy?
(a) Patch's pet poodle.
(b) A rat that runs across the floor.
(c) High pitched music on his stereo.
(d) Catnip in a pillow.
3. What is the meeting about among the antique dealers?
(a) Who might have motive for killing Andy.
(b) Finding support for saving Junktown.
(c) How to beautify the area.
(d) Plans for the block party.
4. What does Mary go over while she is visiting Qwilleran?
(a) The titles of books on his bookshelf.
(b) His list of sales and inquiries from Iris's shop.
(c) The events of the past day.
(d) The scratch he has on his hand.
5. What does Qwilleran discover that Andy Glanz was doing before his murder?
(a) Talking to the police about activities in Junktown.
(b) Planning to enlarge his antique shop.
(c) Keeping a diary about his affairs in Junktown.
(d) Writing a novel based on people in Junktown.
6. How is the relationship between Qwilleran and Mary progressing?
(a) Mary is distancing herself from him.
(b) It is dissolving because of the cats.
(c) There is suspicion between them.
(d) The element of trust is growing.
7. While Prantz is searching for radios in C. C.'s apartment, whet does Qwilleran notice?
(a) The snow on his overcoat.
(b) The tassles on his scarf.
(c) His footwear.
(d) The feather in his hat.
8. Where do Qwilleran and Ben go on a late night "scrounge."?
(a) The Garrick Theatre.
(b) Andy's shop.
(c) The Gaston Museum.
(d) The Ellsworth House.
9. what illegal activity does Qwilleran learn about from the manuscript?
(a) Someone in Junktown is blackmailing C. C.
(b) Someone in Junktown is selling fake antique clocks.
(c) Someone in Junktown is an undercover FBI agent.
(d) Someone in Junktown is dealing drugs.
10. Why does Qwilleran take a cat to Russell Patch's apartment?
(a) To let the cat get some exercise.
(b) To see if the cat can find something.
(c) To keep himself company.
(d) To see if Russell is allergic to cats.
11. What is the result of Qwilleran's efforts to track down Andy's manuscript?
(a) Found hidden in his shop.
(b) In the possession of Mrs. McGuffey.
(d) Hidden in Mary's shop.
12. What is The Lion's Tail?
(a) A street name.
(b) A bar.
(c) Achildren's story.
(d) An antique shop.
13. When Koko turns on the tape player again, what do Qwilleran and Ben hear?
(a) Cobb talking to Cluthra.
(b) Cobb talking to a police officer about Ben.
(c) Cobb telling Iris he wanted a divorce.
(d) Cobb blackmailing Ben.
14. Why had Rosie come to Junktown?
(a) To buy a gift for her husband.
(b) To look for a horse brace.
(c) To find out who bought the chandelier.
(d) To spy on Qwilleran.
15. What does Qwilleran find in Ben's apartment during a visit?
(a) Another feather like the one from his hat.
(b) A note from Iris explaining her absence.
(c) A folded bank note on the floor.
(d) A long, light colored hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thinking about what he saw in the dust at the theatre, what does Qwilleran believe caused the swirl pattern?
2. What awaits Qwilleran when he returns to his apartment?
3. When Ben comes to Qwilleran's room for a visit, what does Qwilleran try to get him to admit?
4. Why does Qwilleran take Koko with him to search the building?
5. Who visits Qwilleran in his apartment only to be snubbed by Koko?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)