Objective: Chapters 1 and 2 The student will be able to identify the ingredients necessary in a quality murder mystery novel.
1) Teacher lecture and discussion leader on the following:
1. Explain and discuss the important elements of ability, motive, and opportunity in a good murder mystery.
2. Give information about Lilian Jackson Brown including (1) her love of cats, and (2) the success of her novels.
3. Central character discussion to include (1) Qwilleran's real profession, and (2) his interaction with his cats, Koko and Yum Yum.
4. Atmosphere discussion about Junktown as introduced by the cab driver.
Homework: Read Chapters 1 and 2 before next class. Write a paragraph about how you think Yum Yum's "gifts" will be important to the story.
Objective: Chapters 1 and 2 The student will be able to identify the elements in the story that sets up reasons for Qwilleran to move to Junktown.
1. Collect homework assignment from the students.
2. Begin by asking the...
This section contains 4,637 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)