Chapters 1 and 2
• Qwilleran is identified as a newspaper reporter for the Fluxion, and a cab driver identifies Junktown as a dangerous place.
• In a seedy hotel room, Qwilleran feeds his cats, Koko and Yum Yum, identifying him as an avid cat lover.
• The memo from the Fluxion about a writing contest offers a cash prize that Qwilleran could use.
• Yum Yum's activity of bringing him "gifts" she takes from the trash gives Qwilleran the idea for a contest piece he could enter.
• When Qwilleran present his idea to the editor, Riker, he is encouraged to write his Christmas in Junktown feature article.
• Riker tells him about an auction of goods from the shop of a recently deceased dealer in Junktown.
• Qwilleran reluctantly agrees to write the article.
• The exotic Mary Duckworth is introduced and she gives important information to Qwilleran about the late Andy Glanz.
• A large, heavy...
This section contains 1,531 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)