|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the topic of witness Donald Carson's books?
2. What evidence is there of Jesus' psychological well being?
3. What supported Jesus' claims that he was the Good Shepherd?
4. How many signs of mental illness does the Bible's account of Jesus show?
5. Who is the author's key witness for the psychological evidence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the swoon theory?
2. Why is Gary Habermas' background important to this book?
3. What is the role of Joseph of Arimathea?
4. How is the principle of cause and effect reflected in Gary Habermas' testimony regarding the postresurrection appearances of Jesus?
5. What began Lapides' rebellion of his family's religion?
6. Lapides argues that there is no god other than man. How does a street preacher get him to change his mind?
7. What is the significance of Jesus' appearance to a larger crowd after his resurrection?
8. When Lapides rebels against his family's religion, what does he turn to?
9. What was the typical after-death procedure during Jesus' time?
10. How important was the eyewitness testimony of the women visitors to Jesus' tomb during their time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is an anecdote, and what is its role in nonfiction? Specifically, what is the importance of anecdotes in this story?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Jesus Seminar. Who belongs and what are the core beliefs?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of the historian Tacticus to Strobel's investigation into the case for Christ.
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)