|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Witness William Craig's specialty is writing about the intersection of what three aspects of life?
2. When were fingerprints first used as evidence in court?
3. What kind of evidence determines whether a victim died of natural causes?
4. What was the role of women during Jesus' time?
5. How many signs of mental illness does the Bible's account of Jesus show?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did Jesus ever deny being God?
2. How important was the eyewitness testimony of the women visitors to Jesus' tomb during their time?
3. What began Lapides' rebellion of his family's religion?
4. What was the societal role of women in the time of Jesus?
5. What is the role of Joseph of Arimathea?
6. What is the swoon theory?
7. How is the principle of cause and effect reflected in Gary Habermas' testimony regarding the postresurrection appearances of Jesus?
8. When Lapides rebels against his family's religion, what does he turn to?
9. Name two physical situations that Metherell says Jesus suffered while on the cross.
10. According to the author's witness of psychological evidence, did Jesus suffer from mental illness? How does the witness arrive at this conclusion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Name six subgenres of creative nonfiction and explain each one. To which subgenre does "The Case for Christ" belong? Support your claim with evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 2
A main character in a work of fiction has both good and bad qualities, giving the character dimension. In nonfiction, the main character is known as the subject. Strobel, the author of "The Case for Christ," is the main character/subject of this book. Does the reader see both good and bad qualities about him in the book? Why or why not? Is Strobel any less of a main character/subject if the reader does not see both good and bad qualities about him? Support your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Define cause and effect. Discuss the importance of cause and effect in this book and give examples from the text.
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)