|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Historically, what happened to dead bodies in the times of Jesus?
2. What book foretells the method of Jesus' death?
3. Who changed the mind of the author's witness with a Jewish background after he returned from the Vietnam War?
4. Where was Jesus born?
5. What two things is Jesus simultaneously?
Short Essay Questions
1. What began Lapides' rebellion of his family's religion?
2. What is the swoon theory?
3. What is the importance of the willingness of the disciples to die for their beliefs?
4. What is the significance of Jesus' appearance to a larger crowd after his resurrection?
5. When Lapides rebels against his family's religion, what does he turn to?
6. What three things can medical evidence prove?
7. What is a delusional psychosis?
8. Did Jesus ever deny being God?
9. Why does the author believe the sightings of Jesus after his resurrection were not hallucinations?
10. How important was the eyewitness testimony of the women visitors to Jesus' tomb during their time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Jesus Seminar. Who belongs and what are the core beliefs?
Essay Topic 2
Why does the author discount the healings credited to Apollonius but maintain the ones by Christ as credible?
Essay Topic 3
What was the writer's purpose in this book? Was the writer's purpose the same throughout his research, or did his purpose change? Support your answers.
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)