|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fulfills the prophecy that claims the Messiah's bones will be out of joint?
2. Which book in the Bible mentions two encounters with a risen Jesus?
3. Historically, what happened to dead bodies in the times of Jesus?
4. What evidence can scientifically prove a time of death?
5. When were fingerprints first used as evidence in court?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did Jesus ever deny being God?
2. Name two physical situations that Metherell says Jesus suffered while on the cross.
3. According to the author's witness of psychological evidence, did Jesus suffer from mental illness? How does the witness arrive at this conclusion?
4. Why did the people of his era not think Jesus was a madman?
5. What was the typical after-death procedure during Jesus' time?
6. Why is Gary Habermas' background important to this book?
7. According to the author's witness of psychological evidence, what kind of emotions do people suffering with psychosis display?
8. After researching the medical evidence surrounding the death of Christ, what reason does the author determine was the reason that Jesus died?
9. How is the principle of cause and effect reflected in Gary Habermas' testimony regarding the postresurrection appearances of Jesus?
10. What is a delusional psychosis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the author discount the healings credited to Apollonius but maintain the ones by Christ as credible?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of the historian Tacticus to Strobel's investigation into the case for Christ.
Essay Topic 3
What does the tone of "The Case for Christ" say about the author? Support your answers and include the definition of tone in your response.
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)