|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which book in the Bible mentions two encounters with a risen Jesus?
2. Who where two skeptics among Jesus' followers that questioned the resurrection?
3. Who visited Jesus' tomb and found it empty?
4. On what does Gary Habermas base his debate about the resurrection of Jesus?
5. When were fingerprints first used as evidence in court?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Jesus' appearance to a larger crowd after his resurrection?
2. What was the societal role of women in the time of Jesus?
3. Lapides argues that there is no god other than man. How does a street preacher get him to change his mind?
4. What began Lapides' rebellion of his family's religion?
5. How important was the eyewitness testimony of the women visitors to Jesus' tomb during their time?
6. Why does the author believe that Jesus is not omnipresent and omniscient?
7. What was the typical after-death procedure during Jesus' time?
8. Why is Gary Habermas' background important to this book?
9. After researching the medical evidence surrounding the death of Christ, what reason does the author determine was the reason that Jesus died?
10. How is the principle of cause and effect reflected in Gary Habermas' testimony regarding the postresurrection appearances of Jesus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Jesus Seminar. Who belongs and what are the core beliefs?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of Luke to history and the investigation in "The Case for Christ."
Essay Topic 3
What role does archeology play in the investigation into the life and death of Christ? Can it prove or disprove that the Bible is the word of God? Why or why not?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)