|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the author's religious preference as he began the book project?
2. How old was the author's witness with a Jewish background when he began to question his family's religion?
3. What book foretells the method of Jesus' death?
4. What size crowd does the risen Jesus appear to when he addresses the apostles and Peter?
5. When weren't the qualities of omnipresence and omniscience possible for Jesus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a delusional psychosis?
2. What was the typical after-death procedure during Jesus' time?
3. What is the significance of Jesus' appearance to a larger crowd after his resurrection?
4. What explanation does the author's witness in profile evidence give regarding the meaning of John 3:16?
5. Why did the people of his era not think Jesus was a madman?
6. What is the importance of the willingness of the disciples to die for their beliefs?
7. After researching the medical evidence surrounding the death of Christ, what reason does the author determine was the reason that Jesus died?
8. What is the swoon theory?
9. When Lapides rebels against his family's religion, what does he turn to?
10. How important was the eyewitness testimony of the women visitors to Jesus' tomb during their time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the promises and challenges of translations of ancient literature. How does the author justify the translations of the Bible?
Essay Topic 2
What role does archeology play in the investigation into the life and death of Christ? Can it prove or disprove that the Bible is the word of God? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What is nonfiction? What is creative nonfiction? How are the two different, and how are they similar?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)