|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two facets of character does Carson say prove Christ's deity?
2. What book foretells the method of Jesus' death?
3. How does Craig explain discrepancies of the time of day in accounts of finding Jesus' tomb empty?
4. Who does the author say taught about Hell more than anyone else in the Bible?
5. According to the author's key psychological witness, was Jesus crazy for claiming to be God?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the societal role of women in the time of Jesus?
2. Lapides argues that there is no god other than man. How does a street preacher get him to change his mind?
3. According to the author's witness of psychological evidence, what kind of emotions do people suffering with psychosis display?
4. Did Jesus ever deny being God?
5. What does the author mean by fingerprint evidence in his case for Christ?
6. How long does the author take in researching his novel?
7. What is the role of Joseph of Arimathea?
8. According to the author's witness of psychological evidence, did Jesus suffer from mental illness? How does the witness arrive at this conclusion?
9. What explanation does the author's witness in profile evidence give regarding the meaning of John 3:16?
10. What is the significance of Jesus' appearance to a larger crowd after his resurrection?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A main character in a work of fiction has both good and bad qualities, giving the character dimension. In nonfiction, the main character is known as the subject. Strobel, the author of "The Case for Christ," is the main character/subject of this book. Does the reader see both good and bad qualities about him in the book? Why or why not? Is Strobel any less of a main character/subject if the reader does not see both good and bad qualities about him? Support your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the promises and challenges of translations of ancient literature. How does the author justify the translations of the Bible?
Essay Topic 3
Why does the author discount the healings credited to Apollonius but maintain the ones by Christ as credible?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)