|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes about two encounters with the risen Jesus?
2. What kind of evidence convicted the man charged with blowing up the federal building in Oklahoma City?
3. What does the Bible say will be unusual about the birth of the Messiah?
4. What psychological disorder do some people suffer from that makes them claim to make grandiose statements about who they are?
5. When weren't the qualities of omnipresence and omniscience possible for Jesus?
Essay Topic 1
A main character in a work of fiction has both good and bad qualities, giving the character dimension. In nonfiction, the main character is known as the subject. Strobel, the author of "The Case for Christ," is the main character/subject of this book. Does the reader see both good and bad qualities about him in the book? Why or why not? Is Strobel any less of a main character/subject if the reader does not see both good and bad qualities about him? Support your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
What role does archeology play in the investigation into the life and death of Christ? Can it prove or disprove that the Bible is the word of God? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How important are the qualifications of the author of this book? What questions can a reader ask to determine the author's qualifications?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)