|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Craig's conclusion regarding whether Jesus' tomb was really empty?
2. What was the subject of Gary Habermas' doctorate dissertation?
3. According to Carson, for whom is Hell reserved?
4. What symbolizes the resurrection of Jesus?
5. What types of criteria does Craig apply to the Bible to test its reliability?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Jesus' appearance to a larger crowd after his resurrection?
2. When Lapides rebels against his family's religion, what does he turn to?
3. Why did the people of his era not think Jesus was a madman?
4. What is a delusional psychosis?
5. What three things can medical evidence prove?
6. Why does the author believe that Jesus is not omnipresent and omniscient?
7. How long does the author take in researching his novel?
8. Lapides argues that there is no god other than man. How does a street preacher get him to change his mind?
9. What is the role of Joseph of Arimathea?
10. What was the societal role of women in the time of Jesus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the terms "atheism" and "agnosticism." Which is most relevant to this book and why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Name six subgenres of creative nonfiction and explain each one. To which subgenre does "The Case for Christ" belong? Support your claim with evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss evidence as a theme in "The Case for Christ."
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)