|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author's key witness for the psychological evidence?
2. What does the Bible say will be unusual about the birth of the Messiah?
3. What are the fluids John sees when a guard stabs Jesus in the side?
4. What types of criteria does Craig apply to the Bible to test its reliability?
5. What evidence do we have that Jesus experienced the medical conditions discussed with the author's expert witness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a delusional psychosis?
2. What explanation does the author's witness in profile evidence give regarding the meaning of John 3:16?
3. What three things can medical evidence prove?
4. What was the societal role of women in the time of Jesus?
5. When Lapides rebels against his family's religion, what does he turn to?
6. What was the typical after-death procedure during Jesus' time?
7. What is the importance of the willingness of the disciples to die for their beliefs?
8. Who talks about Hell more than anyone else in the Bible?
9. Lapides argues that there is no god other than man. How does a street preacher get him to change his mind?
10. How long does the author take in researching his novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the promises and challenges of translations of ancient literature. How does the author justify the translations of the Bible?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Jesus Seminar. Who belongs and what are the core beliefs?
Essay Topic 3
What was the writer's purpose in this book? Was the writer's purpose the same throughout his research, or did his purpose change? Support your answers.
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)