|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the subject of Gary Habermas' doctorate dissertation?
2. Who visited Jesus' tomb and found it empty?
3. Which of the following was NOT part of the agony Christ experienced on the cross.
4. Historically, what happened to dead bodies in the times of Jesus?
5. According to Carson, for whom is Hell reserved?
Short Essay Questions
1. What explanation does the author's witness in profile evidence give regarding the meaning of John 3:16?
2. Name two physical situations that Metherell says Jesus suffered while on the cross.
3. Who talks about Hell more than anyone else in the Bible?
4. Lapides argues that there is no god other than man. How does a street preacher get him to change his mind?
5. What is the swoon theory?
6. What does the author mean by fingerprint evidence in his case for Christ?
7. What was the societal role of women in the time of Jesus?
8. What is the role of Joseph of Arimathea?
9. According to the author's witness of psychological evidence, what kind of emotions do people suffering with psychosis display?
10. What is one way that the resurrection of Jesus changed the lives of Jewish believers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is nonfiction? What is creative nonfiction? How are the two different, and how are they similar?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Jesus Seminar. Who belongs and what are the core beliefs?
Essay Topic 3
What role does archeology play in the investigation into the life and death of Christ? Can it prove or disprove that the Bible is the word of God? Why or why not?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)