|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is credited with the most important reference to Jesus outside of the New Testament?
2. How far back do some manuscript fragments date the book of John?
(a) 90 BC.
(b) 33 AD.
(c) 3 AD.
(d) 125 AD.
3. How has 40 years of research affected Yamauchi's faith?
(a) It strengthened it.
(b) It weakend it.
(c) It opened his mind to other beliefs.
(d) He is no longer a Christian.
4. What are the three parts into which the author chooses to break the book?
(a) Interview, listen, and read.
(b) Examine, analyze, and research.
(c) Question, study, and focus.
(d) Study, discuss, evaluate.
5. A group that disputes the four gospels adds a fifth one. What is their fifth gospel?
(a) The Gospel of Gospels.
(b) The Gospel of Thomas.
(c) The Gospel of Josephus.
(d) The Gospel of Bob.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is said to have preserved Jesus' teachings?
2. What kind of scholars negate the supernatural aspects of Jesus?
3. What, according to Blomberg, is proof that there is no error in the gospels?
4. The author interviews a witness in his case for Christ from which federal agency?
5. Who first recorded that Peter's firsthand accounts were accurate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the role of Joseph of Arimathea?
2. What is the author's professional background?
3. What, according to the gospel, is John's purpose in writing the information?
4. Why were Jesus' teachings considered radical?
5. In what language are the four languages of the secondary manuscripts written that authenticate the reliablity of the gospels?
6. List one of the three reasons that a document might have been omitted from the New Testament.
7. What is one way that the resurrection of Jesus changed the lives of Jewish believers?
8. How is the principle of cause and effect reflected in Gary Habermas' testimony regarding the postresurrection appearances of Jesus?
9. Why did the people of his era not think Jesus was a madman?
10. What is the importance of the willingness of the disciples to die for their beliefs?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)