|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of evidence was Jeffry McDonald's conviction based on?
(c) A lie detector test.
2. Which elements are to blame for inconsistencies in the gospels, according to Blomberg?
(a) Fire, ice, water, and air.
(b) Paraphrase, abridgment, explanatory additions, selection, and omission.
(c) The limited means of communications and the lack of mass-produced books.
(d) Personal differences and priorities.
3. At which point does Jesus confirm his identity?
(a) When he preaches from a mountaintop in Cairo.
(b) At his baptism.
(c) At age 12.
(d) When he tells Paul the commandments.
4. What did the sign above Jesus' head on the cross read?
(a) Son of God.
(b) Save Me, Father.
(c) I Am The One.
(d) King of Jews.
5. According to Metzger, how many factors are considered in criteria designed to measure a manuscript's appropriateness for inclusion in the New Testament?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Blomberg, what is the gospel based on?
2. How far back do some manuscript fragments date the book of John?
3. Where did Jesus face temptation?
4. What is the Q source?
5. Which science does not dispute the gospels but instead confirms their reliability?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of "The Antiquities" to the case for Christ?
2. Who makes up the Jesus Seminar?
3. Who was John Mark and what did he write?
4. Why is Luke's writing in the gospel highly regarded?
5. What does the author's ability test question?
6. Why are stories about Apollonius raising the dead looked upon as legend while the same types of stories about Jesus are viewed as truth?
7. How is the Bible like other ancient works?
8. Why is rebuttal evidence used in a trial?
9. What is the transfiguration of Christ?
10. What does the work of Tacitus explain?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)