|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Josephus' writings prove?
(a) That Jesus was a good man.
(b) That Jesus performed miracles.
(c) That Jesus hung out with the apostles.
(d) That Jesus and John were biological brothers.
2. When was the concept of mystery religions introduced?
(a) 33 AD.
(b) In the early 15th century.
(c) In the mid-20th century.
(d) 125 AD.
3. What changes the way the author thinks about Christ and Christianity?
(a) He learns he is terminally ill.
(b) His wife becomes a Christian.
(c) His children ask him about Jesus.
(d) He almost dies.
4. What is the second test the author applies to decide whether it is the gospel writers' intention to preserve history accurately?
(a) The Originality test.
(b) The Practicality test.
(c) The Intention test.
(d) The Ability test.
5. According to Yamauchi, what put expansion of Christianity on hold temporarily?
(a) Jesus' death.
(b) Jesus left Jerusalem.
(c) Jesus' resurrection.
(d) Jesus' miracles.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which Bible passage does 4Q521 refer?
2. What historic figure, other than Jesus, was said to have raised people from the dead?
3. Metzger compares the Bible to what era of other literature?
4. Jesus is known as Son of God and Son of what?
5. In the introduction, how long do we learn was the author's spiritual journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Luke's writing in the gospel highly regarded?
2. What is the importance of the apostle Luke to historians?
3. Why is rebuttal evidence used in a trial?
4. Who was Luke and what did he write?
5. What does the work of Tacitus explain?
6. Why do the writings of the apostle Paul corroborate the New Testament accounts?
7. What sparks the author's interest in the case for Christ?
8. When was the nonbiblical manuscript known as 4Q521 written, and in what language was it written?
9. What is the author's professional background?
10. What is the importance of "The Antiquities" to the case for Christ?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)