|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What find provides a wealth of information regarding Jewish culture and customs?
(a) The Dead Sea Scrolls.
(b) The Shroud of Turin.
(c) John's manuscript in Egypt.
(d) A census report.
2. Where did Jesus face temptation?
(a) At his baptism.
(b) At the temple.
(c) At the well.
(d) In the wilderness.
3. What is the Q source?
(a) A proposed formula for logic.
(b) Reference to Q. Papias, historian.
(c) A formula for logic.
(d) A hypothetical collection of Jesus' sayings and teachings.
4. Which biblical writer corroborates the life of Jesus?
(d) King James.
5. Which of the assumed writers of the gospels, according to both liberal and conservative scholars, is considered to be an accurate historian?
(b) John the Baptist.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Yamauchi, what put expansion of Christianity on hold temporarily?
2. What is the truth about the author's fear?
3. When the law changed and the Chicago crime leader was retried, what was used to get a guilty verdict?
4. What are the two Jesuses recognized by the group Boyd represents?
5. What kind of evidence is presented to either explain or disprove other evidence presented?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the transfiguration of Christ?
2. How many parts does the author break the book into and what does he title them?
3. What does the work of Tacitus explain?
4. What is the goal of the Jesus Seminar?
5. Who was John Mark and what did he write?
6. Does archeology contradict or confirm the reliability of the gospels?
7. Why is rebuttal evidence used in a trial?
8. Why is Luke's writing in the gospel highly regarded?
9. Who exactly was Matthew?
10. What, according to the gospel, is John's purpose in writing the information?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)