|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the author's writing background?
(a) Magazine features.
(b) Crime reporting.
(c) Gospel songs.
(d) Adult fiction.
2. Why does the author hold testimony from Josephus' writings with high regard?
(a) Because Josephus was the only writer of his time to use a type of paper that would not disintegrate over time.
(b) Because Josephus' works regarding Jesus have been proven.
(c) Josephus was who he learned about in college.
(d) Because Josephus' works regarding the Jewish wars have been proven historically accurate through archeology.
3. What kind of evidence is presented to either explain or disprove other evidence presented?
4. What do the clues left at a crime scene help investigators determine?
(a) Why the crime occured.
(b) Where the next crime will occur.
(c) The reason for the crime.
(d) The criminal's psychological makeup.
5. How many years can the core beliefs of the Bible be traced back in relation to the death of Jesus?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 33 years.
(c) 125 years.
(d) 400 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of the most significant documents Strobel found in his reporting career?
2. What changes the way the author thinks about Christ and Christianity?
3. What creates doubt regarding the authorship of the Gospel of John?
4. What reliability does the author also look to prove about the gospel based on corroborating evidence outside of the Bible?
5. According to Blomberg, what is the gospel based on?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Jesus, what do his miracles foreshadow?
2. What is the importance of "The Antiquities" to the case for Christ?
3. What sparks the author's interest in the case for Christ?
4. Why is rebuttal evidence used in a trial?
5. Why are stories about Apollonius raising the dead looked upon as legend while the same types of stories about Jesus are viewed as truth?
6. Does archeology contradict or confirm the reliability of the gospels?
7. What is the transfiguration of Christ?
8. How is the Bible like other ancient works?
9. What does the author's ability test question?
10. Who was John Mark and what did he write?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)