Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Blomberg's example, why did people memorize the Old Testament?
(a) Histories were passed down orally.
(b) There was nothing else for entertainment.
(c) Because they were very intelligent.
(d) Because they were instructed to do so.
2. What criterion does Boyd use in determining that the Jesus in the Bible is not the Jesus who is son of God?
(a) Quantitative and qualitative reasoning.
(b) Dissimilarity and multiple attestation.
(c) Function and reliability.
(d) Naturalism and functionalism.
3. What kinds of eyewitness accounts does Strobel seek?
(a) People who personally interacted with Jesus.
(b) People who go to church.
(c) People who witnessed the murder of a preacher.
(d) People who do not believe in Jesus.
4. According to Witherington, why does Jesus shy away from claiming to be the son of God?
(a) He wasn't sure himself.
(b) He didn't want the resposiblity right away.
(c) He didn't want to get stoned.
(d) The Jews would have declared it blasphemy.
5. What is the first test the author applies to decide whether it is the gospel writers' intention to preserve history accurately?
(a) Plagarism test.
(b) Originality test.
(c) Authorship test.
(d) Intention test.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asked Jesus if he was the Messiah for whom they were waiting?
2. What was one of the most significant documents Strobel found in his reporting career?
3. What can archeology prove in relation to the Bible?
4. Which science does not dispute the gospels but instead confirms their reliability?
5. Why was Jeffry McDonald certain a jury would not convict him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author believe the sightings of Jesus after his resurrection were not hallucinations?
2. List one of the three reasons that a document might have been omitted from the New Testament.
3. According to Jesus, what do his miracles foreshadow?
4. Lapides argues that there is no god other than man. How does a street preacher get him to change his mind?
5. Why do the writings of the apostle Paul corroborate the New Testament accounts?
6. Who makes up the Jesus Seminar?
7. What does the work of Tacitus explain?
8. What is the importance of the willingness of the disciples to die for their beliefs?
9. According to the author's witness of psychological evidence, what kind of emotions do people suffering with psychosis display?
10. What is the transfiguration of Christ?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)