|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the disciples, how many of the remaining 11 willingly met torturous deaths rather than recant their beliefs?
2. Which gospels does Strobel challenge because they do not begin with a claim to strive toward accuracy?
(a) Exodus and Numbers.
(b) Acts and Romans.
(c) Matthew and Mark.
(d) Luke and John.
3. What kind of evidence was Jeffry McDonald's conviction based on?
(b) A lie detector test.
4. At which point does Jesus confirm his identity?
(a) When he preaches from a mountaintop in Cairo.
(b) At age 12.
(c) At his baptism.
(d) When he tells Paul the commandments.
5. Metzger compares the Bible to what era of other literature?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Metzger say discrepancies in the New Testament are inconsequential?
2. What is the second test the author applies to decide whether it is the gospel writers' intention to preserve history accurately?
3. Who, according to the writings of Josephus, was responsible for the crucifixion of Jesus?
4. How many fragments of New Testament documents exist, according to Metzger?
5. Which biblical writer corroborates the life of Jesus?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author's witness explain inaccuracies found in the New Testament?
2. What is the importance of the apostle Luke to historians?
3. What is the importance of "The Antiquities" to the case for Christ?
4. Why is rebuttal evidence used in a trial?
5. What is the author's religious background?
6. Who was John Mark and what did he write?
7. What is the Q source?
8. What is the transfiguration of Christ?
9. According to Jesus, what do his miracles foreshadow?
10. Why is Luke's writing in the gospel highly regarded?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)