|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advantage does Metzger cite for the New Testament?
(a) It is newer than the old one is.
(b) It has been translated only twice.
(c) An unprecidented number of copies.
(d) It actually dates to the right time period.
2. Of the disciples, how many of the remaining 11 willingly met torturous deaths rather than recant their beliefs?
3. What are the themes of ancient mystery religions?
(a) Dying and coming back to life.
(b) Healing and cursing.
(c) Cursing and blessing.
(d) Preaching and healing.
4. What are the two Jesuses recognized by the group Boyd represents?
(a) Jesus of God and Jesus of Mary.
(b) Jesus of Nazareth and Jesus of Jerusalem.
(c) Jesus of Faith and Jesus of History.
(d) Jesus of Mary and Jesus of Mary Magdalene.
5. Why aren't all accounts of the gospel exactly alike, according to Blomberg?
(a) Because oral histories are not word for word.
(b) Because the written ones were lost.
(c) Because different writers are impacted by different events.
(d) Because they are not vaild.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the clues left at a crime scene help investigators determine?
2. What was the purpose of the gospel writers?
3. Who first recorded that Peter's firsthand accounts were accurate?
4. What, according to Blomberg, is proof that there is no error in the gospels?
5. When the law changed and the Chicago crime leader was retried, what was used to get a guilty verdict?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of "The Antiquities" to the case for Christ?
2. What is the transfiguration of Christ?
3. In what language are the four languages of the secondary manuscripts written that authenticate the reliablity of the gospels?
4. Why did Herod order baby boys to be killed?
5. Why do the writings of the apostle Paul corroborate the New Testament accounts?
6. According to Jesus, what do his miracles foreshadow?
7. Who makes up the Jesus Seminar?
8. When was the nonbiblical manuscript known as 4Q521 written, and in what language was it written?
9. What does the work of Tacitus explain?
10. List one of the three reasons that a document might have been omitted from the New Testament.
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)