|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many signs of mental illness does the Bible's account of Jesus show?
2. Where was Jesus born?
3. Which book does the author's psychological witness NOT write?
(a) "Can You Trust Psychology?"
(b) "The Magnificent Mind."
(c) "Family Shock."
(d) "A Beautiful Mind."
4. Which of the author's witnesses was raised as a conservative Jew but now is a Christian preacher?
(a) Louis Lapides.
(b) Jeffry McDonald.
(c) John Carson.
(d) Jack Kerouac.
5. What two facets of character does Carson say prove Christ's deity?
(a) Devotion to God and love for man.
(b) Moral perfection and the ability to love all.
(c) All of the answers are correct.
(d) Moral perfection and the ability to forgive.
6. What psychological disorder do some people suffer from that makes them claim to make grandiose statements about who they are?
(a) Classic depression.
(c) Freudian issues.
(d) Delusional psychosis.
7. Witness William Craig's specialty is writing about the intersection of what three aspects of life?
(a) Science, philosophy, and theology.
(b) LIfe, death, and the swoon.
(c) Sun, rain, and air.
(d) Jesus, redemption, and the Messiah.
8. How old was the author's witness with a Jewish background when he began to question his family's religion?
9. What is significant about the size of the crowd to which the risen Jesus appeared?
(a) It created a large number of eyewitnesses.
(b) They were of many different races.
(c) They were all Baptist.
(d) They all had stopped believing in him.
10. According to Carson, for whom is Hell reserved?
(a) Self-centered nonrepenters.
(b) People who don't believe in God.
(c) Murderers and convicts.
(d) People who don't go to church.
11. Where can information be discovered regarding the swoon theory?
(a) In the Bible.
(b) In a general psych book.
(c) In the Koran.
(d) In any modern medical book.
12. What size crowd does the risen Jesus appear to when he addresses the apostles and Peter?
(a) About 1,000.
(b) About 5,000.
(c) About 100.
(d) About 500.
13. Because the Bible repeats and confirms some aspects of Jesus' life and death, what theory does their evidence erode?
(a) Theory of evolution.
(b) Circumstantial proof.
(c) Lengendary development.
(d) The swoon theory.
14. When Jesus preached that he was the Good Shepherd, what did opponents say about him?
(a) He was demon possessed.
(b) He had leprosy.
(c) His mind had been eaten by the plague.
(d) He was out of his mind.
15. What year can Jesus' appearance to the crowd be traced?
(a) 39-43 AD
(b) 33-34 AD
(c) 32-38 AD
(d) 41-45 AD
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were not regarded as reliable witnesses during Jesus' time?
2. Who informs the group that Jesus has risen from the tomb?
3. Even before Christ died by crucifixion, the witness says he would have experienced what kind of failure caused by shock?
4. Who was the first person convicted with fingerprint evidence?
5. What symbolizes the resurrection of Jesus?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)