|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What symbolizes the resurrection of Jesus?
(a) An empty tomb.
(b) The cross.
(c) An empty well.
(d) A frantic guard.
2. Even before Christ died by crucifixion, the witness says he would have experienced what kind of failure caused by shock?
3. Which book in the Bible mentions two encounters with a risen Jesus?
(c) 1 Corinthians.
4. Other than communion, what ritual celebrates Jesus' death?
(c) Extreme unction.
5. Which of the author's witnesses was raised as a conservative Jew but now is a Christian preacher?
(a) Jack Kerouac.
(b) John Carson.
(c) Jeffry McDonald.
(d) Louis Lapides.
6. Other than the gospels, what other New Testament book does Habermas often refer to as evidence?
7. How old was the author's witness with a Jewish background when he began to question his family's religion?
8. What is significant about the size of the crowd to which the risen Jesus appeared?
(a) They were of many different races.
(b) It created a large number of eyewitnesses.
(c) They were all Baptist.
(d) They all had stopped believing in him.
9. Witness William Craig's specialty is writing about the intersection of what three aspects of life?
(a) LIfe, death, and the swoon.
(b) Jesus, redemption, and the Messiah.
(c) Science, philosophy, and theology.
(d) Sun, rain, and air.
10. Which of the following was NOT part of the agony Christ experienced on the cross.
(c) Dislocated shoulders.
(d) Nerve damage.
11. What kind of evidence does the author seek to prove whether Jesus really died?
12. What is the study of the Bible the author recommends?
(a) King James version.
(b) Free New Testament.
(c) The Journey.
(d) Children's Living Bible.
13. According to Carson, for whom is Hell reserved?
(a) People who don't go to church.
(b) Murderers and convicts.
(c) People who don't believe in God.
(d) Self-centered nonrepenters.
14. What was the role of women during Jesus' time?
(a) Leaders and shakers.
(b) Encouraging and submissive.
(c) Supportive and adored.
(d) Submissive and supportive.
15. What role does the reader assume in this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What example does Habermas use to explain how accounts of Jesus' resurrection could be valid without an eye witness?
2. According to the author's witness with a Jewish background, which biblical scripture paints a clear image of the Messiah?
3. What is the fluid that collects in the membrane around the heart?
4. Who writes about two encounters with the risen Jesus?
5. What year can Jesus' appearance to the crowd be traced?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)