|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author think about the case for Christ as he begins his book project?
(a) Christ was only a prophet.
(b) Christ was legendary.
(c) Christ was real.
(d) Christ has not been born yet.
2. What specialty is witness Donald Carson known for?
(a) Jesus and Emmanuel.
(b) ThevHistorical Jesus and Greek grammar.
(c) Jesus, son of Man, and Jesus, son of God.
(d) The Biblical Jesus and the Hebrew language.
3. Where was Jesus born?
4. What types of criteria does Craig apply to the Bible to test its reliability?
(a) The same as for the Old Testament.
(b) The same as for medieval literature.
(c) The same as for classical literature.
(d) The same as for ancient literature.
5. What kind of shock did the severe beating Jesus received before his execution create?
6. Which of the author's witnesses was raised as a conservative Jew but now is a Christian preacher?
(a) Jack Kerouac.
(b) John Carson.
(c) Jeffry McDonald.
(d) Louis Lapides.
7. Moreland says that Jesus' disciples willingly died for their beliefs. What does he mean?
(a) That the disciples believed the resurrection occurred.
(b) That they had doubts themselves.
(c) That the disciples were crazed.
(d) That it could have been a case of delusion.
8. Who was the first person convicted with fingerprint evidence?
(a) Thomas Jennings.
(b) Jeffry McDonald.
(c) Tim Leary.
(d) Jack Kerouac.
9. According to the author's witness with a Jewish background, which biblical scripture paints a clear image of the Messiah?
(a) Isaiah 53.
(b) Acts 3.
(c) John 3.
(d) Number 18.
10. How many books has witness Donald Carson written or edited?
11. Who were not regarded as reliable witnesses during Jesus' time?
12. Who took Jesus' body to the tomb?
(a) Joseph of Arimathea.
(b) Joseph, his father.
(c) Joseph with his coat.
13. How does Craig explain discrepancies of the time of day in accounts of finding Jesus' tomb empty?
(a) It depends on the outlook of the person telling the story.
(b) It is irrelevant.
(c) It is only important if Jesus had existed.
(d) It depends on the gender of the story teller.
14. How old was the author's witness with a Jewish background when he began to question his family's religion?
15. What kind of evidence determines whether a victim died of natural causes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the study of the Bible the author recommends?
2. How many arguments does Craig give to support the tomb's being empty?
3. What evidence do we have that Jesus experienced the medical conditions discussed with the author's expert witness?
4. Witness William Craig's specialty is writing about the intersection of what three aspects of life?
5. How many signs of mental illness does the Bible's account of Jesus show?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)