|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the purpose of the gospel writers?
(a) To try to capture for history what actually happened.
(b) To fulfill a promise to God.
(c) To gain favor with Jesus.
(d) To interpret the Old Testament.
2. What impact do the writings of the apostle Paul have on the New Testament?
(a) They have no impact.
(b) They create more questions.
(c) They corroborate New Testament accounts.
(d) They show faith in action among the apostles.
3. Who first recorded that Peter's firsthand accounts were accurate?
(b) Peter himself.
4. What did Josephus' writings prove?
(a) That Jesus was a good man.
(b) That Jesus hung out with the apostles.
(c) That Jesus performed miracles.
(d) That Jesus and John were biological brothers.
5. What did Josephus write?
(a) "The Ancient Citites."
(c) "The Antiquities."
(d) "The Classical Era."
6. The author travels to Ohio in search of corroborating evidence for which aspect of Jesus' life?
(a) His immaculate conception.
(b) His birth.
(c) His miracle working.
(d) His death.
7. When was Jesus clear about his identity?
(a) In private times with the apostles.
(b) When praying.
(c) When being baptised.
(d) In large crowds while healing.
8. What is the author's writing background?
(a) Adult fiction.
(b) Magazine features.
(c) Crime reporting.
(d) Gospel songs.
9. What crime was Jeffry McDonald accused of committing?
(a) Felony hot checks.
(d) Impersonating a police officer.
10. On what is the current Bible based on?
(a) Copies of copies of copies.
(b) New translators.
(c) Ideals that are no longer valued.
(d) A Japanese-based translation.
11. Who, according to the writings of Josephus, was responsible for the crucifixion of Jesus?
(a) Pontius Pilate.
(b) An unnamed accuser.
(d) Jesus himself.
12. According to Yamauchi, what put expansion of Christianity on hold temporarily?
(a) Jesus left Jerusalem.
(b) Jesus' death.
(c) Jesus' resurrection.
(d) Jesus' miracles.
13. Who, in Blomberg's example, memorized the Old Testament?
(b) The apostles.
14. When was the concept of mystery religions introduced?
(a) 33 AD.
(b) 125 AD.
(c) In the early 15th century.
(d) In the mid-20th century.
15. Which historian claims that Matthew and Peter are the authors of the gospels?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most important aspect of the documents Strobel discovered?
2. According to Blomberg's example, why did people memorize the Old Testament?
3. How many years can the core beliefs of the Bible be traced back in relation to the death of Jesus?
4. What advantage does Metzger cite for the New Testament?
5. Which biblical writer corroborates the life of Jesus?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)