|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many fragments of New Testament documents exist, according to Metzger?
(a) About 33.
(b) More than 5,000.
(c) Almost 100.
2. Why was Jeffry McDonald certain a jury would not convict him?
(a) Most of them had been his patients.
(b) He had an alibi.
(c) He paid them bribes.
(d) He had a trial before a judge, not a jury.
3. What are the two Jesuses recognized by the group Boyd represents?
(a) Jesus of Nazareth and Jesus of Jerusalem.
(b) Jesus of God and Jesus of Mary.
(c) Jesus of Faith and Jesus of History.
(d) Jesus of Mary and Jesus of Mary Magdalene.
4. Which gospel begins with the writer saying he intends to write "accurately" about all the things he "investigated"?
5. What is the author's religious belief/preference as he begins his quest for knowledge?
6. What reason does Blomberg give for accepting the gospels as testimony in Strobel's case for Christ?
(a) Sometimes it is important to have faith in things unknown.
(b) It's the only information that's really available.
(c) He had a vision that told him the information was solid.
(d) Anything other than an accurate portrayal of historical events would negate their message.
7. According to Metzger, how many factors are considered in criteria designed to measure a manuscript's appropriateness for inclusion in the New Testament?
8. Does Witherington believe Jesus saw himself as the son of God?
(a) Not enough information is avaialble.
(c) Jesus thought he was, but did not know for certain.
9. What crime was Jeffry McDonald accused of committing?
(a) Impersonating a police officer.
(c) Felony hot checks.
10. How many experts does the author interview?
11. What is the Q source?
(a) A formula for logic.
(b) A hypothetical collection of Jesus' sayings and teachings.
(c) Reference to Q. Papias, historian.
(d) A proposed formula for logic.
12. Who, according to the writings of Josephus, was responsible for the crucifixion of Jesus?
(b) An unnamed accuser.
(c) Jesus himself.
(d) Pontius Pilate.
13. Of the disciples, how many of the remaining 11 willingly met torturous deaths rather than recant their beliefs?
14. What did Josephus' writings prove?
(a) That Jesus performed miracles.
(b) That Jesus hung out with the apostles.
(c) That Jesus and John were biological brothers.
(d) That Jesus was a good man.
15. What does Jesus call God to show a personal relationship with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author interviews a witness in his case for Christ from which federal agency?
2. At which point does Jesus confirm his identity?
3. Which gospels does Strobel challenge because they do not begin with a claim to strive toward accuracy?
4. Which biblical writer corroborates the life of Jesus?
5. To which branch of the military did Jeffry McDonald belong?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)