|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the themes of ancient mystery religions?
(a) Preaching and healing.
(b) Healing and cursing.
(c) Cursing and blessing.
(d) Dying and coming back to life.
2. Where did Jesus face temptation?
(a) At his baptism.
(b) At the well.
(c) At the temple.
(d) In the wilderness.
3. Which elements are to blame for inconsistencies in the gospels, according to Blomberg?
(a) The limited means of communications and the lack of mass-produced books.
(b) Personal differences and priorities.
(c) Fire, ice, water, and air.
(d) Paraphrase, abridgment, explanatory additions, selection, and omission.
4. In the introduction, how long do we learn was the author's spiritual journey?
(a) 24 months.
(b) 20 months.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 2 months.
5. Which of the assumed writers of the gospels, according to both liberal and conservative scholars, is considered to be an accurate historian?
(c) John the Baptist.
6. On what is the current Bible based on?
(a) Ideals that are no longer valued.
(b) New translators.
(c) Copies of copies of copies.
(d) A Japanese-based translation.
7. Jesus is known as Son of God and Son of what?
(c) The Jews.
8. When were the apostle Paul's letters written?
(a) Before any of the gospels.
(b) Just before Revelations.
(c) After Acts.
(d) Before Jesus was born.
9. What, according to Blomberg, is proof that there is no error in the gospels?
(a) Because, historically, if an error were made when reciting history, someone would correct the mistake and preserve the truth.
(b) Because the Bible has not been changed in thousands of years.
(c) There is no proof.
(d) Because he has faith that it is correct.
10. What does the author say the reader must set aside while reading the book?
(a) Skepticism and sarcasm.
(b) Predeterminations and predictions.
(c) Knowledge and power.
(d) Preconceptions and prejudices.
11. What is the author's fear as he begins to face Christianity?
(a) That his wife won't be fun any more.
(b) That he will have to give up gambling.
(c) That he will have to pay penance for all his sins.
(d) That he won't be able to drink any more.
12. What do Jesus' relationship with God and his miracles demonstrate?
(a) What life in Heaven will be like.
(b) That he is indeed the Messiah.
(c) That he is more than just a good guy.
(d) That he is king of the Jews.
13. What did Josephus' writings prove?
(a) That Jesus and John were biological brothers.
(b) That Jesus hung out with the apostles.
(c) That Jesus was a good man.
(d) That Jesus performed miracles.
14. What kind of scholars negate the supernatural aspects of Jesus?
15. How many experts does the author interview?
Short Answer Questions
1. What criterion does Boyd use in determining that the Jesus in the Bible is not the Jesus who is son of God?
2. Which historian claims that Matthew and Peter are the authors of the gospels?
3. What kind of evidence was Jeffry McDonald's conviction based on?
4. Which science does not dispute the gospels but instead confirms their reliability?
5. Who is said to have preserved Jesus' teachings?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)