|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two Jesuses recognized by the group Boyd represents?
(a) Jesus of Faith and Jesus of History.
(b) Jesus of Mary and Jesus of Mary Magdalene.
(c) Jesus of God and Jesus of Mary.
(d) Jesus of Nazareth and Jesus of Jerusalem.
2. What creates doubt regarding the authorship of the Gospel of John?
(a) If Saul changed his name to Paul, he likely went by John as well.
(b) There are three Johns, and no one knows which one wrote it.
(c) Reference to the apostle John and John the Elder.
(d) At one point in a verse, it makes reference to John.
3. Does Witherington believe Jesus saw himself as the son of God?
(b) Jesus thought he was, but did not know for certain.
(c) Not enough information is avaialble.
4. Who first recorded that Peter's firsthand accounts were accurate?
(c) Peter himself.
5. How far back do some manuscript fragments date the book of John?
(a) 90 BC.
(b) 3 AD.
(c) 125 AD.
(d) 33 AD.
6. What is the author's writing background?
(a) Gospel songs.
(b) Magazine features.
(c) Adult fiction.
(d) Crime reporting.
7. In what two areas does the author have enough knowledge to bolster his skepticism of Christianity?
(a) History and philosophy.
(b) Greek and Roman cultures.
(c) Hebrew and Latin.
(d) Satan and Paganism.
8. What kind of evidence is presented to either explain or disprove other evidence presented?
9. How has 40 years of research affected Yamauchi's faith?
(a) It strengthened it.
(b) He is no longer a Christian.
(c) It weakend it.
(d) It opened his mind to other beliefs.
10. When was Jesus clear about his identity?
(a) When being baptised.
(b) When praying.
(c) In private times with the apostles.
(d) In large crowds while healing.
11. Which of the assumed writers of the gospels, according to both liberal and conservative scholars, is considered to be an accurate historian?
(b) John the Baptist.
12. In the introduction, how long do we learn was the author's spiritual journey?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 20 months.
(c) 24 months.
(d) 12 months.
13. What historic figure, other than Jesus, was said to have raised people from the dead?
(d) John the Baptist.
14. What is the first test the author applies to decide whether it is the gospel writers' intention to preserve history accurately?
(a) Plagarism test.
(b) Intention test.
(c) Authorship test.
(d) Originality test.
15. Who is credited with the most important reference to Jesus outside of the New Testament?
Short Answer Questions
1. What criterion does Boyd use in determining that the Jesus in the Bible is not the Jesus who is son of God?
2. How many fragments of New Testament documents exist, according to Metzger?
3. What was one of the most significant documents Strobel found in his reporting career?
4. How does the eyewitness discussed in Chapter 1, Part 1 save his own life?
5. Where did Jesus face temptation?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)