|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What find provides a wealth of information regarding Jewish culture and customs?
(a) A census report.
(b) The Shroud of Turin.
(c) The Dead Sea Scrolls.
(d) John's manuscript in Egypt.
2. Who is credited with the most important reference to Jesus outside of the New Testament?
3. What was one of the most significant documents Strobel found in his reporting career?
(a) The Chrysler Corporation documentation.
(b) The Watergate tapes.
(c) The Ford Pinto documentation.
(d) Shredded weapons of mass destruction documents.
4. What means written by an apostle or followers of the apostles?
(a) Holy apostlolic.
(b) Apostolic authority.
(d) Apistle Commentary.
5. Why aren't all accounts of the gospel exactly alike, according to Blomberg?
(a) Because they are not vaild.
(b) Because different writers are impacted by different events.
(c) Because the written ones were lost.
(d) Because oral histories are not word for word.
6. Which centuries decided almost unanimously which books to include in the New Testament?
(a) The first ten.
(b) The first five.
(c) The first one.
(d) The first two.
7. In what two areas does the author have enough knowledge to bolster his skepticism of Christianity?
(a) Greek and Roman cultures.
(b) History and philosophy.
(c) Satan and Paganism.
(d) Hebrew and Latin.
8. How far back do some manuscript fragments date the book of John?
(a) 125 AD.
(b) 90 BC.
(c) 33 AD.
(d) 3 AD.
9. What can archeology prove in relation to the Bible?
(a) That Jesus was the son of God.
(b) That Jesus was not the son of God.
(c) That some historic aspects are true.
(d) That Christ's birth was really in April.
10. What are the two Jesuses recognized by the group Boyd represents?
(a) Jesus of God and Jesus of Mary.
(b) Jesus of Faith and Jesus of History.
(c) Jesus of Nazareth and Jesus of Jerusalem.
(d) Jesus of Mary and Jesus of Mary Magdalene.
11. How has 40 years of research affected Yamauchi's faith?
(a) It opened his mind to other beliefs.
(b) He is no longer a Christian.
(c) It weakend it.
(d) It strengthened it.
12. What kind of evidence was Jeffry McDonald's conviction based on?
(c) A lie detector test.
13. What are the themes of ancient mystery religions?
(a) Preaching and healing.
(b) Dying and coming back to life.
(c) Healing and cursing.
(d) Cursing and blessing.
14. What, according to Blomberg, is proof that there is no error in the gospels?
(a) Because the Bible has not been changed in thousands of years.
(b) Because, historically, if an error were made when reciting history, someone would correct the mistake and preserve the truth.
(c) There is no proof.
(d) Because he has faith that it is correct.
15. Which science does not dispute the gospels but instead confirms their reliability?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Metzger say discrepancies in the New Testament are inconsequential?
2. How does the eyewitness discussed in Chapter 1, Part 1 save his own life?
3. According to Witherington, why does Jesus shy away from claiming to be the son of God?
4. Who, according to the writings of Josephus, was responsible for the crucifixion of Jesus?
5. To which Bible passage does 4Q521 refer?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)