|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of evidence is presented to either explain or disprove other evidence presented?
2. On what is the current Bible based on?
(a) Ideals that are no longer valued.
(b) A Japanese-based translation.
(c) Copies of copies of copies.
(d) New translators.
3. How many years can the core beliefs of the Bible be traced back in relation to the death of Jesus?
(a) 33 years.
(b) 125 years.
(c) 400 years.
(d) 2 years.
4. What is the author's writing background?
(a) Adult fiction.
(b) Crime reporting.
(c) Magazine features.
(d) Gospel songs.
5. What is the Q source?
(a) Reference to Q. Papias, historian.
(b) A formula for logic.
(c) A proposed formula for logic.
(d) A hypothetical collection of Jesus' sayings and teachings.
6. What kind of evidence was Jeffry McDonald's conviction based on?
(d) A lie detector test.
7. What are the two Jesuses recognized by the group Boyd represents?
(a) Jesus of God and Jesus of Mary.
(b) Jesus of Nazareth and Jesus of Jerusalem.
(c) Jesus of Mary and Jesus of Mary Magdalene.
(d) Jesus of Faith and Jesus of History.
8. What is the author's fear as he begins to face Christianity?
(a) That his wife won't be fun any more.
(b) That he won't be able to drink any more.
(c) That he will have to pay penance for all his sins.
(d) That he will have to give up gambling.
9. How does the eyewitness discussed in Chapter 1, Part 1 save his own life?
(a) By lying in court.
(b) By handing over his wallet.
(c) By pretending to be dead.
(d) By talking his way out of a bad situation.
10. What changes the way the author thinks about Christ and Christianity?
(a) His wife becomes a Christian.
(b) He learns he is terminally ill.
(c) His children ask him about Jesus.
(d) He almost dies.
11. How far back do some manuscript fragments date the book of John?
(a) 125 AD.
(b) 3 AD.
(c) 33 AD.
(d) 90 BC.
12. Which biblical writer corroborates the life of Jesus?
(d) King James.
13. What was the purpose of the gospel writers?
(a) To interpret the Old Testament.
(b) To try to capture for history what actually happened.
(c) To gain favor with Jesus.
(d) To fulfill a promise to God.
14. What advantage does Metzger cite for the New Testament?
(a) An unprecidented number of copies.
(b) It actually dates to the right time period.
(c) It has been translated only twice.
(d) It is newer than the old one is.
15. When was the concept of mystery religions introduced?
(a) In the mid-20th century.
(b) In the early 15th century.
(c) 33 AD.
(d) 125 AD.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author travels to Ohio in search of corroborating evidence for which aspect of Jesus' life?
2. When was the fifth gospel written?
3. At which point does Jesus confirm his identity?
4. Who asked Jesus if he was the Messiah for whom they were waiting?
5. What reliability does the author also look to prove about the gospel based on corroborating evidence outside of the Bible?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)