|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Evidence of the Missing Body.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Metzger say discrepancies in the New Testament are inconsequential?
(a) The language has changed since then.
(b) Some of their phrases do not exist in today's culture.
(c) They don't affect doctrine.
(d) They are minor.
2. What evidence can scientifically prove a time of death?
3. Who, in Blomberg's example, memorized the Old Testament?
(a) The apostles.
4. What did Josephus' writings prove?
(a) That Jesus hung out with the apostles.
(b) That Jesus was a good man.
(c) That Jesus and John were biological brothers.
(d) That Jesus performed miracles.
5. When was the fifth gospel written?
(a) At the time of Jesus' death.
(b) In the second century.
(c) At the time of Jesus' birth.
(d) In the first century.
Short Answer Questions
1. What historic figure, other than Jesus, was said to have raised people from the dead?
2. When Jesus preached that he was the Good Shepherd, what did opponents say about him?
3. Which biblical writer corroborates the life of Jesus?
4. Which gospel outlines the purpose of its writing as "These are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name"?
5. How many fragments of New Testament documents exist, according to Metzger?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)