|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Rebuttal Evidence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which elements are to blame for inconsistencies in the gospels, according to Blomberg?
(a) Fire, ice, water, and air.
(b) The limited means of communications and the lack of mass-produced books.
(c) Personal differences and priorities.
(d) Paraphrase, abridgment, explanatory additions, selection, and omission.
2. What reason does Blomberg give for accepting the gospels as testimony in Strobel's case for Christ?
(a) He had a vision that told him the information was solid.
(b) It's the only information that's really available.
(c) Anything other than an accurate portrayal of historical events would negate their message.
(d) Sometimes it is important to have faith in things unknown.
3. What advantage does Metzger cite for the New Testament?
(a) It has been translated only twice.
(b) It actually dates to the right time period.
(c) It is newer than the old one is.
(d) An unprecidented number of copies.
4. According to Blomberg, what is the gospel based on?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Confessions recorded.
(c) Eyewitness material.
5. Which gospel outlines the purpose of its writing as "These are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the three parts into which the author chooses to break the book?
2. What kind of evidence is presented to either explain or disprove other evidence presented?
3. What crime was Jeffry McDonald accused of committing?
4. What does Strobel discover when he reads some of the works that have been excluded from the New Testament?
5. Who is credited with the most important reference to Jesus outside of the New Testament?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)