|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Rebuttal Evidence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author travels to Ohio in search of corroborating evidence for which aspect of Jesus' life?
(a) His death.
(b) His miracle working.
(c) His immaculate conception.
(d) His birth.
2. What was the purpose of the gospel writers?
(a) To fulfill a promise to God.
(b) To try to capture for history what actually happened.
(c) To gain favor with Jesus.
(d) To interpret the Old Testament.
3. What is the first test the author applies to decide whether it is the gospel writers' intention to preserve history accurately?
(a) Authorship test.
(b) Originality test.
(c) Plagarism test.
(d) Intention test.
4. How has 40 years of research affected Yamauchi's faith?
(a) It opened his mind to other beliefs.
(b) He is no longer a Christian.
(c) It strengthened it.
(d) It weakend it.
5. What is the Q source?
(a) A hypothetical collection of Jesus' sayings and teachings.
(b) A formula for logic.
(c) Reference to Q. Papias, historian.
(d) A proposed formula for logic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of the most significant documents Strobel found in his reporting career?
2. What is the second test the author applies to decide whether it is the gospel writers' intention to preserve history accurately?
3. Why does Metzger say discrepancies in the New Testament are inconsequential?
4. Which of the assumed writers of the gospels, according to both liberal and conservative scholars, is considered to be an accurate historian?
5. What is the author's religious belief/preference as he begins his quest for knowledge?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)