|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Scientific Evidence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Metzger, how many factors are considered in criteria designed to measure a manuscript's appropriateness for inclusion in the New Testament?
2. What did Josephus' writings prove?
(a) That Jesus performed miracles.
(b) That Jesus was a good man.
(c) That Jesus and John were biological brothers.
(d) That Jesus hung out with the apostles.
3. Who first recorded that Peter's firsthand accounts were accurate?
(a) Peter himself.
4. What, according to Blomberg, is proof that there is no error in the gospels?
(a) Because, historically, if an error were made when reciting history, someone would correct the mistake and preserve the truth.
(b) Because the Bible has not been changed in thousands of years.
(c) There is no proof.
(d) Because he has faith that it is correct.
5. What does Strobel discover when he reads some of the works that have been excluded from the New Testament?
(a) They are informative but not interesting.
(b) They are written by people who were not apostles.
(c) They are too far removed from the time Jesus actually lived and walked the earth.
(d) They are interesting but not informative.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the writers of the gospels?
2. Why does Metzger say discrepancies in the New Testament are inconsequential?
3. What does the author say the reader must set aside while reading the book?
4. What is the author's fear as he begins to face Christianity?
5. Who, according to the writings of Josephus, was responsible for the crucifixion of Jesus?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)