|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Scientific Evidence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Blomberg, what is the gospel based on?
(a) Confessions recorded.
(c) Eyewitness material.
(d) The Bible.
2. To which Bible passage does 4Q521 refer?
(a) Isiaiah 61.
(b) Acts 1:23.
(c) John 3:16.
(d) Exodus 20:11.
3. Who first recorded that Peter's firsthand accounts were accurate?
(a) Peter himself.
4. What was the purpose of the gospel writers?
(a) To fulfill a promise to God.
(b) To try to capture for history what actually happened.
(c) To gain favor with Jesus.
(d) To interpret the Old Testament.
5. What find provides a wealth of information regarding Jewish culture and customs?
(a) The Dead Sea Scrolls.
(b) The Shroud of Turin.
(c) John's manuscript in Egypt.
(d) A census report.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years can the core beliefs of the Bible be traced back in relation to the death of Jesus?
2. What can archeology prove in relation to the Bible?
3. Which elements are to blame for inconsistencies in the gospels, according to Blomberg?
4. In what two areas does the author have enough knowledge to bolster his skepticism of Christianity?
5. What reliability does the author also look to prove about the gospel based on corroborating evidence outside of the Bible?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)