|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Scientific Evidence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Metzger compares the Bible to what era of other literature?
2. What creates doubt regarding the authorship of the Gospel of John?
(a) Reference to the apostle John and John the Elder.
(b) If Saul changed his name to Paul, he likely went by John as well.
(c) At one point in a verse, it makes reference to John.
(d) There are three Johns, and no one knows which one wrote it.
3. Why does Metzger say discrepancies in the New Testament are inconsequential?
(a) They are minor.
(b) The language has changed since then.
(c) They don't affect doctrine.
(d) Some of their phrases do not exist in today's culture.
4. What kinds of eyewitness accounts does Strobel seek?
(a) People who witnessed the murder of a preacher.
(b) People who go to church.
(c) People who personally interacted with Jesus.
(d) People who do not believe in Jesus.
5. What changes the way the author thinks about Christ and Christianity?
(a) His children ask him about Jesus.
(b) He learns he is terminally ill.
(c) His wife becomes a Christian.
(d) He almost dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which gospels does Strobel challenge because they do not begin with a claim to strive toward accuracy?
2. What does the author say the reader must set aside while reading the book?
3. To which branch of the military did Jeffry McDonald belong?
4. How has 40 years of research affected Yamauchi's faith?
5. What advantage does Metzger cite for the New Testament?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)