|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Scientific Evidence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the assumed writers of the gospels, according to both liberal and conservative scholars, is considered to be an accurate historian?
(d) John the Baptist.
2. Why does the author hold testimony from Josephus' writings with high regard?
(a) Because Josephus' works regarding the Jewish wars have been proven historically accurate through archeology.
(b) Because Josephus was the only writer of his time to use a type of paper that would not disintegrate over time.
(c) Josephus was who he learned about in college.
(d) Because Josephus' works regarding Jesus have been proven.
3. To which Bible passage does 4Q521 refer?
(a) Exodus 20:11.
(b) Acts 1:23.
(c) Isiaiah 61.
(d) John 3:16.
4. What is the Q source?
(a) A formula for logic.
(b) A hypothetical collection of Jesus' sayings and teachings.
(c) A proposed formula for logic.
(d) Reference to Q. Papias, historian.
5. Who is credited with the most important reference to Jesus outside of the New Testament?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the truth about the author's fear?
2. How does the eyewitness discussed in Chapter 1, Part 1 save his own life?
3. How many fragments of New Testament documents exist, according to Metzger?
4. Which centuries decided almost unanimously which books to include in the New Testament?
5. Why does Metzger say discrepancies in the New Testament are inconsequential?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)