|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Scientific Evidence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advantage does Metzger cite for the New Testament?
(a) It actually dates to the right time period.
(b) An unprecidented number of copies.
(c) It is newer than the old one is.
(d) It has been translated only twice.
2. What are the three parts into which the author chooses to break the book?
(a) Examine, analyze, and research.
(b) Interview, listen, and read.
(c) Study, discuss, evaluate.
(d) Question, study, and focus.
3. What is the author's religious belief/preference as he begins his quest for knowledge?
4. In the introduction, how long do we learn was the author's spiritual journey?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 20 months.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 24 months.
5. What did Josephus' writings prove?
(a) That Jesus hung out with the apostles.
(b) That Jesus performed miracles.
(c) That Jesus and John were biological brothers.
(d) That Jesus was a good man.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author travels to Ohio in search of corroborating evidence for which aspect of Jesus' life?
2. What reason does Blomberg give for accepting the gospels as testimony in Strobel's case for Christ?
3. According to Metzger, how many factors are considered in criteria designed to measure a manuscript's appropriateness for inclusion in the New Testament?
4. How does the Chicago crime leader in the author's example get a not-guilty verdict in court?
5. On what is the current Bible based on?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)