|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Scientific Evidence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Yamauchi, what put expansion of Christianity on hold temporarily?
(a) Jesus' resurrection.
(b) Jesus left Jerusalem.
(c) Jesus' death.
(d) Jesus' miracles.
2. When were the apostle Paul's letters written?
(a) After Acts.
(b) Before Jesus was born.
(c) Just before Revelations.
(d) Before any of the gospels.
3. What creates doubt regarding the authorship of the Gospel of John?
(a) Reference to the apostle John and John the Elder.
(b) There are three Johns, and no one knows which one wrote it.
(c) If Saul changed his name to Paul, he likely went by John as well.
(d) At one point in a verse, it makes reference to John.
4. What was the most important aspect of the documents Strobel discovered?
(a) They were given to him by an insider snitch.
(b) They boosted his career.
(c) They were authentic.
(d) They were created just for him.
5. What kind of evidence was Jeffry McDonald's conviction based on?
(b) A lie detector test.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Strobel discover when he reads some of the works that have been excluded from the New Testament?
2. Of the disciples, how many of the remaining 11 willingly met torturous deaths rather than recant their beliefs?
3. What reason does Blomberg give for accepting the gospels as testimony in Strobel's case for Christ?
4. Which elements are to blame for inconsistencies in the gospels, according to Blomberg?
5. How many fragments of New Testament documents exist, according to Metzger?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)