|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Documentary Evidence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first test the author applies to decide whether it is the gospel writers' intention to preserve history accurately?
(a) Originality test.
(b) Plagarism test.
(c) Authorship test.
(d) Intention test.
2. How many fragments of New Testament documents exist, according to Metzger?
(b) More than 5,000.
(c) About 33.
(d) Almost 100.
3. According to Blomberg, what is the gospel based on?
(a) Eyewitness material.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Confessions recorded.
4. Of the disciples, how many of the remaining 11 willingly met torturous deaths rather than recant their beliefs?
5. According to Blomberg's example, why did people memorize the Old Testament?
(a) Because they were very intelligent.
(b) There was nothing else for entertainment.
(c) Because they were instructed to do so.
(d) Histories were passed down orally.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what two areas does the author have enough knowledge to bolster his skepticism of Christianity?
2. Metzger compares the Bible to what era of other literature?
3. What does Strobel discover when he reads some of the works that have been excluded from the New Testament?
4. What role does the author encourage the reader to take?
5. What does the author say the reader must set aside while reading the book?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)