|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Documentary Evidence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Blomberg, is proof that there is no error in the gospels?
(a) Because the Bible has not been changed in thousands of years.
(b) There is no proof.
(c) Because he has faith that it is correct.
(d) Because, historically, if an error were made when reciting history, someone would correct the mistake and preserve the truth.
2. What was one of the most significant documents Strobel found in his reporting career?
(a) Shredded weapons of mass destruction documents.
(b) The Chrysler Corporation documentation.
(c) The Watergate tapes.
(d) The Ford Pinto documentation.
3. In what two areas does the author have enough knowledge to bolster his skepticism of Christianity?
(a) Greek and Roman cultures.
(b) History and philosophy.
(c) Hebrew and Latin.
(d) Satan and Paganism.
4. What advantage does Metzger cite for the New Testament?
(a) It actually dates to the right time period.
(b) It is newer than the old one is.
(c) It has been translated only twice.
(d) An unprecidented number of copies.
5. What is the Q source?
(a) A proposed formula for logic.
(b) A formula for logic.
(c) A hypothetical collection of Jesus' sayings and teachings.
(d) Reference to Q. Papias, historian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the purpose of the gospel writers?
2. What kinds of eyewitness accounts does Strobel seek?
3. How many experts does the author interview?
4. Which centuries decided almost unanimously which books to include in the New Testament?
5. Who, in Blomberg's example, memorized the Old Testament?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)