|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Documentary Evidence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Metzger say discrepancies in the New Testament are inconsequential?
(a) They are minor.
(b) The language has changed since then.
(c) Some of their phrases do not exist in today's culture.
(d) They don't affect doctrine.
2. On what is the current Bible based on?
(a) Ideals that are no longer valued.
(b) Copies of copies of copies.
(c) New translators.
(d) A Japanese-based translation.
3. Who are the writers of the gospels?
(a) Luke and Peter.
(b) Matthew and Paul.
(c) Paul and Saul.
4. According to Metzger, how many factors are considered in criteria designed to measure a manuscript's appropriateness for inclusion in the New Testament?
5. The author travels to Ohio in search of corroborating evidence for which aspect of Jesus' life?
(a) His death.
(b) His birth.
(c) His miracle working.
(d) His immaculate conception.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the author's fear as he begins to face Christianity?
2. Who is said to have preserved Jesus' teachings?
3. What creates doubt regarding the authorship of the Gospel of John?
4. Who first recorded that Peter's firsthand accounts were accurate?
5. What was one of the most significant documents Strobel found in his reporting career?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)