|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Documentary Evidence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second test the author applies to decide whether it is the gospel writers' intention to preserve history accurately?
(a) The Intention test.
(b) The Originality test.
(c) The Practicality test.
(d) The Ability test.
2. What advantage does Metzger cite for the New Testament?
(a) It is newer than the old one is.
(b) It has been translated only twice.
(c) It actually dates to the right time period.
(d) An unprecidented number of copies.
3. Which elements are to blame for inconsistencies in the gospels, according to Blomberg?
(a) Personal differences and priorities.
(b) The limited means of communications and the lack of mass-produced books.
(c) Paraphrase, abridgment, explanatory additions, selection, and omission.
(d) Fire, ice, water, and air.
4. What creates doubt regarding the authorship of the Gospel of John?
(a) At one point in a verse, it makes reference to John.
(b) Reference to the apostle John and John the Elder.
(c) If Saul changed his name to Paul, he likely went by John as well.
(d) There are three Johns, and no one knows which one wrote it.
5. What kinds of eyewitness accounts does Strobel seek?
(a) People who do not believe in Jesus.
(b) People who personally interacted with Jesus.
(c) People who go to church.
(d) People who witnessed the murder of a preacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is said to have preserved Jesus' teachings?
2. According to Blomberg's example, why did people memorize the Old Testament?
3. Why aren't all accounts of the gospel exactly alike, according to Blomberg?
4. Which gospel outlines the purpose of its writing as "These are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name"?
5. What was one of the most significant documents Strobel found in his reporting career?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)