|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Documentary Evidence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the author's writing background?
(a) Gospel songs.
(b) Magazine features.
(c) Crime reporting.
(d) Adult fiction.
2. Which centuries decided almost unanimously which books to include in the New Testament?
(a) The first two.
(b) The first ten.
(c) The first five.
(d) The first one.
3. According to Metzger, how many factors are considered in criteria designed to measure a manuscript's appropriateness for inclusion in the New Testament?
4. Metzger compares the Bible to what era of other literature?
5. What does Strobel discover when he reads some of the works that have been excluded from the New Testament?
(a) They are interesting but not informative.
(b) They are too far removed from the time Jesus actually lived and walked the earth.
(c) They are informative but not interesting.
(d) They are written by people who were not apostles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What creates doubt regarding the authorship of the Gospel of John?
2. What advantage does Metzger cite for the New Testament?
3. What was one of the most significant documents Strobel found in his reporting career?
4. What means written by an apostle or followers of the apostles?
5. Which gospel begins with the writer saying he intends to write "accurately" about all the things he "investigated"?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)