|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Documentary Evidence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Blomberg, is proof that there is no error in the gospels?
(a) Because he has faith that it is correct.
(b) Because, historically, if an error were made when reciting history, someone would correct the mistake and preserve the truth.
(c) There is no proof.
(d) Because the Bible has not been changed in thousands of years.
2. How many years can the core beliefs of the Bible be traced back in relation to the death of Jesus?
(a) 400 years.
(b) 33 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 125 years.
3. How many experts does the author interview?
4. Which elements are to blame for inconsistencies in the gospels, according to Blomberg?
(a) Paraphrase, abridgment, explanatory additions, selection, and omission.
(b) Personal differences and priorities.
(c) Fire, ice, water, and air.
(d) The limited means of communications and the lack of mass-produced books.
5. What advantage does Metzger cite for the New Testament?
(a) An unprecidented number of copies.
(b) It has been translated only twice.
(c) It actually dates to the right time period.
(d) It is newer than the old one is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of eyewitness accounts does Strobel seek?
2. How many fragments of New Testament documents exist, according to Metzger?
3. Who are the writers of the gospels?
4. Which gospels does Strobel challenge because they do not begin with a claim to strive toward accuracy?
5. How does the eyewitness discussed in Chapter 1, Part 1 save his own life?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)