|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Testing the Eyewitness Evidence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Blomberg, is proof that there is no error in the gospels?
(a) Because, historically, if an error were made when reciting history, someone would correct the mistake and preserve the truth.
(b) Because the Bible has not been changed in thousands of years.
(c) Because he has faith that it is correct.
(d) There is no proof.
2. Which elements are to blame for inconsistencies in the gospels, according to Blomberg?
(a) Paraphrase, abridgment, explanatory additions, selection, and omission.
(b) Fire, ice, water, and air.
(c) Personal differences and priorities.
(d) The limited means of communications and the lack of mass-produced books.
3. How does the eyewitness discussed in Chapter 1, Part 1 save his own life?
(a) By lying in court.
(b) By pretending to be dead.
(c) By talking his way out of a bad situation.
(d) By handing over his wallet.
4. Which gospel begins with the writer saying he intends to write "accurately" about all the things he "investigated"?
5. What does the author say the reader must set aside while reading the book?
(a) Skepticism and sarcasm.
(b) Predeterminations and predictions.
(c) Preconceptions and prejudices.
(d) Knowledge and power.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the second person to record that Peter's firsthand accounts were accurate?
2. Why aren't all accounts of the gospel exactly alike, according to Blomberg?
3. What is the Q source?
4. Which historian claims that Matthew and Peter are the authors of the gospels?
5. What reason does Blomberg give for accepting the gospels as testimony in Strobel's case for Christ?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)