|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Testing the Eyewitness Evidence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the author's fear as he begins to face Christianity?
(a) That he will have to give up gambling.
(b) That he won't be able to drink any more.
(c) That his wife won't be fun any more.
(d) That he will have to pay penance for all his sins.
2. According to Blomberg's example, why did people memorize the Old Testament?
(a) Because they were instructed to do so.
(b) Histories were passed down orally.
(c) Because they were very intelligent.
(d) There was nothing else for entertainment.
3. What kinds of eyewitness accounts does Strobel seek?
(a) People who do not believe in Jesus.
(b) People who personally interacted with Jesus.
(c) People who go to church.
(d) People who witnessed the murder of a preacher.
4. Who is said to have preserved Jesus' teachings?
5. Which elements are to blame for inconsistencies in the gospels, according to Blomberg?
(a) Paraphrase, abridgment, explanatory additions, selection, and omission.
(b) Personal differences and priorities.
(c) The limited means of communications and the lack of mass-produced books.
(d) Fire, ice, water, and air.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the three parts into which the author chooses to break the book?
2. In what two areas does the author have enough knowledge to bolster his skepticism of Christianity?
3. What changes the way the author thinks about Christ and Christianity?
4. What, according to Blomberg, is proof that there is no error in the gospels?
5. What is the second test the author applies to decide whether it is the gospel writers' intention to preserve history accurately?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)