|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Testing the Eyewitness Evidence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, in Blomberg's example, memorized the Old Testament?
(a) The apostles.
2. What role does the author encourage the reader to take?
3. Which gospel begins with the writer saying he intends to write "accurately" about all the things he "investigated"?
4. Which historian claims that Matthew and Peter are the authors of the gospels?
5. According to Blomberg's example, why did people memorize the Old Testament?
(a) Because they were instructed to do so.
(b) There was nothing else for entertainment.
(c) Because they were very intelligent.
(d) Histories were passed down orally.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the eyewitness discussed in Chapter 1, Part 1 save his own life?
2. Which gospel outlines the purpose of its writing as "These are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name"?
3. Which elements are to blame for inconsistencies in the gospels, according to Blomberg?
4. What changes the way the author thinks about Christ and Christianity?
5. In what two areas does the author have enough knowledge to bolster his skepticism of Christianity?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)