|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Documentary Evidence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what is the current Bible based on?
(a) Copies of copies of copies.
(b) Ideals that are no longer valued.
(c) A Japanese-based translation.
(d) New translators.
2. How many fragments of New Testament documents exist, according to Metzger?
(a) More than 5,000.
(b) About 33.
(d) Almost 100.
3. What, according to Blomberg, is proof that there is no error in the gospels?
(a) There is no proof.
(b) Because the Bible has not been changed in thousands of years.
(c) Because he has faith that it is correct.
(d) Because, historically, if an error were made when reciting history, someone would correct the mistake and preserve the truth.
4. Who, in Blomberg's example, memorized the Old Testament?
(a) The apostles.
5. What was the purpose of the gospel writers?
(a) To try to capture for history what actually happened.
(b) To gain favor with Jesus.
(c) To fulfill a promise to God.
(d) To interpret the Old Testament.
Short Answer Questions
1. What creates doubt regarding the authorship of the Gospel of John?
2. What is the author's fear as he begins to face Christianity?
3. What are the three parts into which the author chooses to break the book?
4. Who first recorded that Peter's firsthand accounts were accurate?
5. What advantage does Metzger cite for the New Testament?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)