|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Testing the Eyewitness Evidence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the purpose of the gospel writers?
(a) To interpret the Old Testament.
(b) To try to capture for history what actually happened.
(c) To gain favor with Jesus.
(d) To fulfill a promise to God.
2. Who, in Blomberg's example, memorized the Old Testament?
(d) The apostles.
3. What is the first test the author applies to decide whether it is the gospel writers' intention to preserve history accurately?
(a) Plagarism test.
(b) Authorship test.
(c) Originality test.
(d) Intention test.
4. What is the Q source?
(a) A formula for logic.
(b) Reference to Q. Papias, historian.
(c) A proposed formula for logic.
(d) A hypothetical collection of Jesus' sayings and teachings.
5. Who is said to have preserved Jesus' teachings?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the three parts into which the author chooses to break the book?
2. What is the author's religious belief/preference as he begins his quest for knowledge?
3. In what two areas does the author have enough knowledge to bolster his skepticism of Christianity?
4. How does the eyewitness discussed in Chapter 1, Part 1 save his own life?
5. Of the disciples, how many of the remaining 11 willingly met torturous deaths rather than recant their beliefs?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)