|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Evidence of Appearances.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creates doubt regarding the authorship of the Gospel of John?
(a) At one point in a verse, it makes reference to John.
(b) Reference to the apostle John and John the Elder.
(c) There are three Johns, and no one knows which one wrote it.
(d) If Saul changed his name to Paul, he likely went by John as well.
2. When were the apostle Paul's letters written?
(a) Before Jesus was born.
(b) After Acts.
(c) Before any of the gospels.
(d) Just before Revelations.
3. Why does the author hold testimony from Josephus' writings with high regard?
(a) Because Josephus' works regarding the Jewish wars have been proven historically accurate through archeology.
(b) Josephus was who he learned about in college.
(c) Because Josephus' works regarding Jesus have been proven.
(d) Because Josephus was the only writer of his time to use a type of paper that would not disintegrate over time.
4. Who is the author's key witness for the psychological evidence?
5. What does the author's witness with a Jewish background turn to when he rebels against his family's Jewish background?
(a) College friends and their families.
(b) The work of Kerouac and Leary.
(c) The military.
(d) Manson and Moonies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Metzger compares the Bible to what era of other literature?
2. What find provides a wealth of information regarding Jewish culture and customs?
3. How many arguments does Craig give to support the tomb's being empty?
4. What is the first test the author applies to decide whether it is the gospel writers' intention to preserve history accurately?
5. On what does Gary Habermas base his debate about the resurrection of Jesus?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)