|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Evidence of Appearances.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which gospel outlines the purpose of its writing as "These are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name"?
2. The author searches for truth based on what?
(d) Medical history.
3. Why does Metzger say discrepancies in the New Testament are inconsequential?
(a) The language has changed since then.
(b) They are minor.
(c) Some of their phrases do not exist in today's culture.
(d) They don't affect doctrine.
4. What, according to Blomberg, is proof that there is no error in the gospels?
(a) There is no proof.
(b) Because the Bible has not been changed in thousands of years.
(c) Because he has faith that it is correct.
(d) Because, historically, if an error were made when reciting history, someone would correct the mistake and preserve the truth.
5. A group that disputes the four gospels adds a fifth one. What is their fifth gospel?
(a) The Gospel of Thomas.
(b) The Gospel of Josephus.
(c) The Gospel of Bob.
(d) The Gospel of Gospels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of evidence determines whether a victim died of natural causes?
2. Which historian claims that Matthew and Peter are the authors of the gospels?
3. How does the Chicago crime leader in the author's example get a not-guilty verdict in court?
4. Which of the author's interviewees has experience as an archeological expert in the Middle East?
5. Who informs the group that Jesus has risen from the tomb?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)