|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Evidence of Appearances.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the themes of ancient mystery religions?
(a) Healing and cursing.
(b) Cursing and blessing.
(c) Preaching and healing.
(d) Dying and coming back to life.
2. What is the truth about the author's fear?
(a) He is fascinated by the subtle changes in his wife.
(b) He can still gamble as long as he tithes.
(c) He still gets to drink wine.
(d) God forgives, so he doesn't have to really do anything.
3. What criterion does Boyd use in determining that the Jesus in the Bible is not the Jesus who is son of God?
(a) Quantitative and qualitative reasoning.
(b) Function and reliability.
(c) Naturalism and functionalism.
(d) Dissimilarity and multiple attestation.
4. What book foretells the method of Jesus' death?
5. Which of the author's witnesses was raised as a conservative Jew but now is a Christian preacher?
(a) Louis Lapides.
(b) John Carson.
(c) Jack Kerouac.
(d) Jeffry McDonald.
Short Answer Questions
1. What example does Habermas use to explain how accounts of Jesus' resurrection could be valid without an eye witness?
2. What reliability does the author also look to prove about the gospel based on corroborating evidence outside of the Bible?
3. Jesus is known as Son of God and Son of what?
4. Who is credited with the most important reference to Jesus outside of the New Testament?
5. According to Habermas, why weren't the sightings of Jesus after his death considered to be hallucinations?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)