|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Evidence of Appearances.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things is Jesus simultaneously?
(a) God and demigod.
(b) Man and child.
(c) Man and god.
(d) Savior and god.
2. According to Witherington, why does Jesus shy away from claiming to be the son of God?
(a) The Jews would have declared it blasphemy.
(b) He didn't want to get stoned.
(c) He didn't want the resposiblity right away.
(d) He wasn't sure himself.
3. What fulfills the prophecy that claims the Messiah's bones will be out of joint?
(a) Jesus' crucifixion.
(b) Jesus' beating.
(c) Jesus' anger.
(d) Jesus' tears.
4. What is the first test the author applies to decide whether it is the gospel writers' intention to preserve history accurately?
(a) Intention test.
(b) Authorship test.
(c) Originality test.
(d) Plagarism test.
5. When was the fifth gospel written?
(a) In the second century.
(b) In the first century.
(c) At the time of Jesus' death.
(d) At the time of Jesus' birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Yamauchi, what put expansion of Christianity on hold temporarily?
2. What is the truth about the author's fear?
3. According to Jesus, what do his miracles foreshadow?
4. What does the author's witness with a Jewish background turn to when he rebels against his family's Jewish background?
5. How far back do some manuscript fragments date the book of John?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)