|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Corroborating Evidence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which historian claims that Matthew and Peter are the authors of the gospels?
2. Who is said to have preserved Jesus' teachings?
3. The author travels to Ohio in search of corroborating evidence for which aspect of Jesus' life?
(a) His birth.
(b) His death.
(c) His miracle working.
(d) His immaculate conception.
4. What is the Q source?
(a) A hypothetical collection of Jesus' sayings and teachings.
(b) A formula for logic.
(c) Reference to Q. Papias, historian.
(d) A proposed formula for logic.
5. The author searches for truth based on what?
(b) Medical history.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many fragments of New Testament documents exist, according to Metzger?
2. What impact do the writings of the apostle Paul have on the New Testament?
3. Who first recorded that Peter's firsthand accounts were accurate?
4. What creates doubt regarding the authorship of the Gospel of John?
5. Which gospels does Strobel challenge because they do not begin with a claim to strive toward accuracy?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)