|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Corroborating Evidence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creates doubt regarding the authorship of the Gospel of John?
(a) At one point in a verse, it makes reference to John.
(b) There are three Johns, and no one knows which one wrote it.
(c) Reference to the apostle John and John the Elder.
(d) If Saul changed his name to Paul, he likely went by John as well.
2. What was the most important aspect of the documents Strobel discovered?
(a) They were created just for him.
(b) They boosted his career.
(c) They were given to him by an insider snitch.
(d) They were authentic.
3. Who, in Blomberg's example, memorized the Old Testament?
(c) The apostles.
4. What advantage does Metzger cite for the New Testament?
(a) It actually dates to the right time period.
(b) It is newer than the old one is.
(c) An unprecidented number of copies.
(d) It has been translated only twice.
5. According to Blomberg, what is the gospel based on?
(a) Eyewitness material.
(b) Confessions recorded.
(d) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first recorded that Peter's firsthand accounts were accurate?
2. What is the truth about the author's fear?
3. What did Josephus write?
4. What does the author say the reader must set aside while reading the book?
5. Who was the second person to record that Peter's firsthand accounts were accurate?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)