|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Corroborating Evidence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years can the core beliefs of the Bible be traced back in relation to the death of Jesus?
(a) 400 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 125 years.
(d) 33 years.
2. Who first recorded that Peter's firsthand accounts were accurate?
(c) Peter himself.
3. What creates doubt regarding the authorship of the Gospel of John?
(a) Reference to the apostle John and John the Elder.
(b) There are three Johns, and no one knows which one wrote it.
(c) At one point in a verse, it makes reference to John.
(d) If Saul changed his name to Paul, he likely went by John as well.
4. According to Blomberg's example, why did people memorize the Old Testament?
(a) Because they were instructed to do so.
(b) There was nothing else for entertainment.
(c) Because they were very intelligent.
(d) Histories were passed down orally.
5. What was the most important aspect of the documents Strobel discovered?
(a) They were created just for him.
(b) They were authentic.
(c) They boosted his career.
(d) They were given to him by an insider snitch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Strobel discover when he reads some of the works that have been excluded from the New Testament?
2. What is the Q source?
3. What is the author's fear as he begins to face Christianity?
4. How many fragments of New Testament documents exist, according to Metzger?
5. What, according to Blomberg, is proof that there is no error in the gospels?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)