|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Corroborating Evidence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creates doubt regarding the authorship of the Gospel of John?
(a) Reference to the apostle John and John the Elder.
(b) There are three Johns, and no one knows which one wrote it.
(c) If Saul changed his name to Paul, he likely went by John as well.
(d) At one point in a verse, it makes reference to John.
2. On what is the current Bible based on?
(a) A Japanese-based translation.
(b) Ideals that are no longer valued.
(c) Copies of copies of copies.
(d) New translators.
3. Who are the writers of the gospels?
(a) Paul and Saul.
(b) Luke and Peter.
(c) Matthew and Paul.
4. According to Yamauchi, what put expansion of Christianity on hold temporarily?
(a) Jesus left Jerusalem.
(b) Jesus' resurrection.
(c) Jesus' miracles.
(d) Jesus' death.
5. Which historian claims that Matthew and Peter are the authors of the gospels?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the author's writing background?
2. In the introduction, how long do we learn was the author's spiritual journey?
3. How many fragments of New Testament documents exist, according to Metzger?
4. Who first recorded that Peter's firsthand accounts were accurate?
5. What is the truth about the author's fear?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)