|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the majority opinion in San Antonio v. Rodriguez?
2. Which justice withdraws from the Keyes case because of a possible conflict of interest?
3. What is the job of Powell's in-laws?
4. What movie is the movie-house operater convicted for showing in Jenkins v. Georgia?
5. On the last day of the 1975 term, five decisions on what amendment are handed down?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Burger go to New York to visit Douglas on July 24th, before the start of the 1975 term?
2. What do the other Justices decide to do when news of Douglas' stroke comes to them?
3. What does the first reverse-discrimination case the court hears concern?
4. How does Burger get from the Netherlands to the White House for Ford's swearing-in?
5. When Burger circulates his decision on the Milliken case in April, what does Powell find?
6. What do the Justices have to do after the Douglas resignation?
7. What state would not allow aliens to join the bar?
8. What does Burger do when he finds out the abortion opinion has been leaked to the press before its release date?
9. What does the Fourteenth Amendment say?
10. Who is John Doar and what is his job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how and why the court used the Constitution to support its rulings in the issues below:
Essay Topic 2
How does the rules that the Supreme Court functions under affect its ability to enforce its rulings? Cite examples from the book to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book to support your answer, was Burger a good chief justice? Why or why not?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)