|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If there were to be an impeachment trial of President Nixon, who would preside?
2. Which amendment requires a search warrant?
3. Doe v. Commonwealth's Attorney concerns what issue?
4. How many days does Burger spend in the hospital after he was hit by a car?
5. Who writes the Saxbe opinion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the first reverse-discrimination case the court hears concern?
2. What do the other Justices decide to do when news of Douglas' stroke comes to them?
3. What does Chief Justice Burger do at his annual reunions with his law clerks?
4. What do the Justices have to do after the Douglas resignation?
5. What does the Saxbe decision allow?
6. What does the Fourteenth Amendment say?
7. What state would not allow aliens to join the bar?
8. What is one of the Justices considerations in the reverse discrimination case?
9. What does Brennan not like about Burger's tactics during the 1975 term?
10. When Burger circulates his decision on the Milliken case in April, what does Powell find?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What effect can presidents have on the Supreme Court? Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What do the various justices in the book believe the role of the Supreme Court is? Cite examples to support your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
How does the rules that the Supreme Court functions under affect its ability to enforce its rulings? Cite examples from the book to support your conclusions.
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)