|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes the opinion in Paul v. Davis?
2. How long after he leaves the hospital does Douglas return to the hospital?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Ten days.
(d) One month.
3. Singleton v. Wulff concerns what issue?
(b) Free speech.
(c) Gun rights.
(d) Homosexual rights.
4. After Burger returns from the Netherlands, he is hit by a car while doing what?
(a) Riding in a golf cart.
5. When is the first day of the court's term each year?
(a) The second Monday in October.
(b) The first day in October.
(c) The third Monday in October.
(d) The first Monday in October.
6. What justice does the ACLU go to when they do not like the ruling of the first justice?
7. Who disqualifies himself from the Watergate tapes case?
8. What is the name of Powell's wife?
9. After being told by the doctors that his condition was permanent, where does Douglas go for a consult?
(a) Mayo Clinic.
(b) Rattenberg Clinic.
(c) John Hopkins.
(d) Rusk Institute.
10. During the 1974 term, who is the court's press officer?
(a) Burt McFarland.
(b) Barney McGuinnes.
(c) Barkley McAdams.
(d) Barrett McGurn.
11. In the 1972 term, who writes the majority opinion on abortion?
12. What is the first reverse discrimination case the Court hears?
(a) DeLumier v. Oslow.
(b) DeTurnerfurd v. Odewallan.
(c) DeRunner v. Osgood.
(d) DeFunis v. Odegaard.
13. What is the name of Douglas' wife?
14. Which justice writes the opinion in Hamling v. US?
15. On what day is the Keyes decision announced to the public?
(a) June 29.
(b) June 21.
(c) June 14.
(d) June 1.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the opinion in Southeastern Promotions, Ltd. v. Conrad?
2. On what day is the firing of Archibald Cox announced?
3. Much to the amazement of his former clerks, who does Berger stand up for in May, 1973?
4. How many days does Burger spend in the hospital after he was hit by a car?
5. In what month during the 1975 term is there a special Saturday session to consider the death penalty cert petitions?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)