|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which justice wants to write his own opinion in the Keyes case?
2. In the 1972 term, who writes the majority opinion on abortion?
3. Who disqualifies himself from the Watergate tapes case?
4. If there were to be an impeachment trial of President Nixon, who would preside?
(a) The senior justice.
(b) The chief justice.
(c) The president of the Senate.
(d) The leader of the House of Representatives.
5. What is the name of the 1972 case in which the court has to decide if resident aliens can become members of the bar?
(a) In re Martin.
(b) In re Talumns.
(c) In re Fartly.
(d) In re Griffiths.
6. Keyes v. School District No. 1 is from what state?
7. After Burger returns from the Netherlands, he is hit by a car while doing what?
(a) Riding in a golf cart.
8. Who writes the dissent in San Antonio v. Rodriguez?
9. Singleton v. Wulff concerns what issue?
(a) Free speech.
(c) Homosexual rights.
(d) Gun rights.
10. Who does the president appoint to replace Douglas?
(a) Ruth Ginsberg.
(b) Steven O'Dell.
(c) John Paul Stevens.
(d) Sandra Day O'Conner.
11. Frontiero v. Richardson involves what issue?
(a) Marital discrimination.
(b) Racial discrimination.
(c) Economic discrimination.
(d) Sexual discrimination.
12. Burger circulates his latest version of the executive privilege section of the Watergate draft on what day?
(a) July 20.
(b) July 11.
(c) July 9.
(d) July 17.
13. In July 1973, which court issues an injunction to halt the bombing of Cambodia by the US?
(a) Washington DC District Court.
(b) New York District Court.
(c) Maryland District Court.
(d) California District Court.
14. Who writes the majority opinion in San Antonio v. Rodriguez?
15. In the Keyes case, what is the name of the local area where the case comes from?
(a) Shadow Mountain.
(b) Park Hill.
(c) Aspen Pines.
(d) Dawning Creek.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Nixon's successor sworn in?
2. Douglas and his wife spend the summer before the 1975 term where?
3. On April 2, in the 1975 term, the justices vote seven to two on what issue?
4. What state is involved in the 1972 case in which the court has to decide if resident aliens can become members of the bar?
5. Who travels to Douglas before the start of the 1975 term to try and get him to resign?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)