|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The lunch that White, Stewart, and some clerks attend in the 1973 term, where they discuss the problems they are having with Burger, becomes known as what?
(a) The tipping point.
(b) The conspiracy lunch.
(c) The changing point.
(d) The flashpoint lunch.
2. Jaworski asks for a special review by the court in the Watergate tapes case. What is the name of this type of review?
(a) Latent review.
(b) Expedited review.
(c) Sitting review.
(d) A priori review.
3. In what month during the 1975 term is there a special Saturday session to consider the death penalty cert petitions?
4. After being told by the doctors that his condition was permanent, where does Douglas go for a consult?
(a) John Hopkins.
(b) Rusk Institute.
(c) Rattenberg Clinic.
(d) Mayo Clinic.
5. Where does Burger hold his annual reunion with his former clerks?
(a) The Congressional ballroom.
(b) The Congressional conference rooms.
(c) The White House.
(d) The East and West conference rooms.
6. Keyes v. School District No. 1 is from what state?
7. In what month do the doctors tell Douglas that his condition was permanent?
8. In the Keyes case, what is the name of the local area where the case comes from?
(a) Park Hill.
(b) Shadow Mountain.
(c) Aspen Pines.
(d) Dawning Creek.
9. On what day is the Keyes decision announced to the public?
(a) June 14.
(b) June 1.
(c) June 29.
(d) June 21.
10. Who will succeed Nixon as President?
11. What justice does the ACLU go to when they do not like the ruling of the first justice?
12. On April 2, in the 1975 term, the justices vote seven to two on what issue?
(a) The death penalty.
(c) Illegal search and siezure.
(d) The exculsionary rule.
13. Which amendment requires a search warrant?
14. Buckley v. Valeo deals with what issue?
(a) Campaign finance.
(b) National security.
(d) Government oversight.
15. What state is involved in the 1972 case in which the court has to decide if resident aliens can become members of the bar?
(c) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first reverse discrimination case the Court hears?
2. Who disqualifies himself from the Watergate tapes case?
3. Which amendment says that no one should be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process?
4. Who swears in Nixon's sucessor?
5. What 1973 case involves busing in Detroit?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)