|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Buckley v. Valeo deals with what issue?
(b) Government oversight.
(c) National security.
(d) Campaign finance.
2. Which justice withdraws from the Keyes case because of a possible conflict of interest?
3. What is the first reverse discrimination case the Court hears?
(a) DeFunis v. Odegaard.
(b) DeRunner v. Osgood.
(c) DeLumier v. Oslow.
(d) DeTurnerfurd v. Odewallan.
4. The opinion on the obscenity cases comes from the court on what day in 1972?
(a) June 29.
(b) June 5.
(c) June 21.
(d) June 14.
5. Which justice writes the opinion in Jenkins v. Georgia?
6. Who disqualifies himself from the Watergate tapes case?
7. In September of 1975, Douglas appears in what city, to hear an emergency request?
8. Who wrote the 1973 majority opinion on the Detroit busing case?
9. What is the name of the Denver judge who orders busing in the Keyes case?
(a) Harry Thurmond.
(b) Johnathan Regallias.
(c) James Patterson.
(d) William Doyle.
10. In the 1972 term, who writes the majority opinion on abortion?
11. What movie is the movie-house operater convicted for showing in Jenkins v. Georgia?
(a) Carnal Knowledge.
(b) Carnal Loves.
(c) Carnal Abilities.
(d) Carnal Ages.
12. What 1973 case involves busing in Detroit?
(a) Madison v. Bowling.
(b) Milliken v. Bradley.
(c) MacAdams v. Brenat.
(d) Marshall v. Bowing.
13. Who swears in Nixon's sucessor?
14. With Douglas gone, who is the senior associate justice?
15. Burger circulates his latest version of the executive privilege section of the Watergate draft on what day?
(a) July 9.
(b) July 17.
(c) July 20.
(d) July 11.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies on the day the abortion decision is formally announced?
2. Where are Marshall and his clerks when the firing of Archibald Cox is announced?
3. Where does Burger hold his annual reunion with his former clerks?
4. In what year does Watergate take place?
5. In what month during the 1975 term is there a special Saturday session to consider the death penalty cert petitions?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)