|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gerald R. Ford leads an impeachment attempt against whom?
2. What is the name of the attorney who represents the petitioner before the court in the Texas abortion case?
(a) Ruth Gillers.
(b) Sandra O'Conner.
(c) Mary Madison.
(d) Sarah Weddington.
3. What is the name of the man who requests a secret session with the court regarding the Pentagon Papers?
4. Warren delegates the writing of his opinion to whom?
(a) His subordinate judges.
(b) His secretary.
(c) His interns.
(d) His clerks.
5. Which rule requires that a rehearing can only be considered if it was brought up by one of the justices who had sat on the case?
(a) Rule 68.
(b) Rule 8.
(c) Rule 48.
(d) Rule 58.
6. On what day does Black die?
(a) September 30.
(b) September 10.
(c) September 25.
(d) September 17.
7. Who is the attorney for Inc. Fund when they bring the school case before the Court?
(a) Jordan Mitchell.
(b) Clark Emch.
(c) Regan Lewis.
(d) Jack Greenbery.
8. On what day does Harlan resign from the Court?
(a) September 28.
(b) September 23.
(c) September 20.
(d) September 16.
9. What circuit court of appeals rules on the order in the Charlotte case?
10. When the Charlotte case is remanded to the lower court, how many days of hearings are held?
11. The tentative vote on the death penalty cases in the 1971 term is held on what day?
(a) January 13.
(b) January 21.
(c) January 18.
(d) January 29.
12. The arguments in the three busing cases are heard in what month?
13. How long was Earl Warren chief justice?
(a) 13 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 9 years.
(d) 11 years.
14. The Charlotte case is appealed to the Supreme Court as _________ v. Charlotte-Mecklenburg Board of Education.
15. How many justices must agree to hear a case before the case can be heard?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Douglas goes out of town, Burger reassigns the Lloyd opinion to which Justice?
2. On what day does Burger circulate his draft opinion in the Charlotte case?
3. How many clerks does Chief Justice Earl Warren have?
4. Brennan approaches the issue of abortion on the basis of what other right?
5. Black and Harlan are in what hospital in July 1971?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)