|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many justices write the majority opinion?
2. In Clay v. US, what is the faith of the petitioner?
(c) Black Muslim.
3. Burger does not want to be compared to which former Justice?
4. The United States Supreme Court belongs to which branch of government?
5. On what day does Black die?
(a) September 30.
(b) September 10.
(c) September 25.
(d) September 17.
6. On what day is Warren's successor offered the position?
(a) May 17.
(b) May 23.
(c) May 19.
(d) May 21.
7. What court decides the Mapp v. Ohio case?
(a) The Maddison Court.
(b) The Burger Court.
(c) The Warren Court.
(d) The Harlan Court.
8. Who is the Inc. Fund attorney in the Charlotte case?
(a) Jordan Nabrit III.
(b) Julius Nabrit III.
(c) Justin Nabrit III.
(d) James Nabrit III.
9. The Charlotte case is appealed to the Supreme Court as _________ v. Charlotte-Mecklenburg Board of Education.
10. The Mapp v. Ohio case concerns which amendment?
11. Burger believes that Warren was more interested in results than what?
(a) Legal reasoning.
(b) Constitutional law.
(c) Legal enforcement.
(d) Constitutional enforcement.
12. Who is the attorney for Inc. Fund when they bring the school case before the Court?
(a) Jack Greenbery.
(b) Regan Lewis.
(c) Jordan Mitchell.
(d) Clark Emch.
13. Warren delegates the writing of his opinion to whom?
(a) His clerks.
(b) His secretary.
(c) His interns.
(d) His subordinate judges.
14. Flood v. Kuhn involves which baseball team?
(a) St. Louis Cardinals.
(b) NY Yankees.
(d) San Francisco Giants.
15. Where do Warren and his clerks spend Saturdays?
(a) At work.
(b) At the Press Club.
(c) At the chief justice's home.
(d) At the University Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hartstein v. Missouri, Miller v. California, and Wiener v. California are all cases that consider what?
2. When the Charlotte case is remanded to the lower court, how many days of hearings are held?
3. The famous case on school segregation is called __________ vs. Board of Education.
4. Following the oral arguments in a case, the justices hold a conference called what?
5. Petitions from people who can't afford an attorney or the filing fees are called what?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)