|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the attorney who represents the petitioner before the court in the Texas abortion case?
(a) Sarah Weddington.
(b) Sandra O'Conner.
(c) Ruth Gillers.
(d) Mary Madison.
2. Blackmun had been general counsel at what location when he was in private practice?
(b) John Hopkins.
(d) Mayo Clinic.
3. Black and Burger feel that desegregation can be achieved without ________.
4. As chief justice, Burger was in charge of what building?
(a) The Appellate Court building.
(b) The Courts building.
(c) The judicial buildings in DC.
(d) The Supreme Court building.
5. What room does Berger want to take as his office?
(a) The decision room.
(b) The conference room.
(c) The break room.
(d) The old chief justice's office.
6. Who appoints justices to the Supreme Court?
(a) The senate.
(b) The attorney general.
(d) The president.
7. Which Justice concludes that federal judges can order whatever remedy they feel is required by the situation?
8. How long was Earl Warren chief justice?
(a) 11 years.
(b) 9 years.
(c) 13 years.
(d) 15 years.
9. What is the name of the attorney who represents the state of Texas in the abortion case before the Court?
(a) Peter Black.
(b) Jay Floyd.
(c) Martin Harris.
(d) Jacob Daniels.
10. In Clay v. US, what is the faith of the petitioner?
(c) Black Muslim.
11. Haynsworth is nominated to fill the seat vacated by whom?
12. When does the court's term begin?
13. The decision on the death penalty cases in the 1971 term is announced on what day?
(a) June 28.
(b) June 29.
(c) June 30.
(d) June 27.
14. How many clerks does Chief Justice Earl Warren have?
15. The Mapp v. Ohio case concerns which amendment?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the issue in Phillips v. Martin Marietta?
2. Black joins the Court as an associate justice in what year?
3. The United States Supreme Court belongs to which branch of government?
4. What circuit court of appeals rules on the order in the Charlotte case?
5. Potter Stewart is worried that what problem would become public if he took the Chief Justice spot?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)