|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1970 Term.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As chief justice, Burger was in charge of what building?
(a) The Supreme Court building.
(b) The Courts building.
(c) The judicial buildings in DC.
(d) The Appellate Court building.
2. Who did Chief Justice Earl Warren believe would be his replacement?
(a) Potter Stewart.
(b) John Mitchell.
(c) Warren R. Burger.
(d) Thurgood Marshall.
3. What change does Berger make to the actual bench the justices sat at?
(a) He changes the wood.
(b) He curves it.
(c) He makes it straighter.
(d) He raises it higher.
4. The Charlotte case is appealed to the Supreme Court as _________ v. Charlotte-Mecklenburg Board of Education.
5. On what day is Warren's successor offered the position?
(a) May 19.
(b) May 17.
(c) May 23.
(d) May 21.
Short Answer Questions
1. Haynsworth is nominated to fill the seat vacated by whom?
2. On what day does Burger hold a news conference in his chambers to explain why the court did not hold a special summer session to address the busing issue?
3. How many judges sign onto the eventual decision in the Charlotte case?
4. In Charlotte, North Carolina, what is the name of the judge who orders desegregation in Mecklenberg County?
5. Who confirms the nominations of the president to the Supreme Court?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)