|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1970 Term.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who confirms the nominations of the president to the Supreme Court?
(a) The attorney general.
(b) The Senate.
(c) The House of Representatives.
2. One of Warren's last acts is to overturn a decision in what case?
(a) Adam Clayton Wells.
(b) Adam Clayton Powell.
(c) Adam Clayton Drummond.
(d) Adam Clayton Smith.
3. Hugo Black is asked to rule on the delay of racial segregation in what state?
4. How many pages is Hugo Black's opinion that does not overturn the lower court's decision on racial segregation?
(a) Nine pages.
(b) Five pages.
(c) Ten pages.
(d) Seven pages.
5. Who is the attorney for Inc. Fund when they bring the school case before the Court?
(a) Jack Greenbery.
(b) Regan Lewis.
(c) Jordan Mitchell.
(d) Clark Emch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Inc. Fund attorney in the Charlotte case?
2. On what day does Burger hold a news conference in his chambers to explain why the court did not hold a special summer session to address the busing issue?
3. Where do Warren and his clerks spend Saturdays?
4. Warren delegates the writing of his opinion to whom?
5. The Brennan order on desegregation, issued to guide the lower courts, was issued __________, meaning it had no designated author.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)