|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1970 Term.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appoints justices to the Supreme Court?
(a) The senate.
(b) The attorney general.
(c) The president.
2. Which rule requires that a rehearing can only be considered if it was brought up by one of the justices who had sat on the case?
(a) Rule 8.
(b) Rule 68.
(c) Rule 48.
(d) Rule 58.
3. On what day is Warren's successor offered the position?
(a) May 17.
(b) May 21.
(c) May 19.
(d) May 23.
4. How many days are there between the first publication of the Pentagon Papers and the hearing in the court?
5. Written arguments from both sides of the case are also called what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What circuit court of appeals rules on the order in the Charlotte case?
2. The Brennan order on desegregation, issued to guide the lower courts, was issued __________, meaning it had no designated author.
3. Douglas notices there is a majority of five that support what position in the Charlotte case?
4. What is the name of the man who requests a secret session with the court regarding the Pentagon Papers?
5. Potter Stewart is worried that what problem would become public if he took the Chief Justice spot?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)