|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the Americans allied with during World War II?
(a) The Allied Powers.
(b) The NATO Powers.
(c) The Axis Powers.
(d) The Obligatory Powers.
2. When Bruno changes clothes before crossing the fence in Chapter Nineteen: "What Happened the Next Day,” he tells Shmuel that this reminds him of what?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His mother.
3. What is Bruno’s father’s title in the military?
4. For how long do the Fury and his date stay at Bruno’s family’s home for dinner in Chapter Eleven: "The Fury"?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 5 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
5. What does Bruno decide to make a list of in Chapter Fifteen: "Something He Shouldn't Have Done"?
(a) All the reasons he doesn’t like his sister.
(b) All the reasons he doesn’t like Lieutenant Kotler.
(c) All the reasons he hates living at Out-With.
(d) All the reasons he enjoys being friends with Shmuel.
6. What is the name of the friend in Berlin that Bruno recalls of his three “best friends for life” in Chapter Seventeen: "Mother Gets Her Own Way"?
7. What is Bruno’s reply when Shmuel says to him in Chapter Twelve: "Shmuel Thinks of an Answer to Bruno's Question,” “You’re on the wrong side of the fence though”?
(a) “I could crawl under.”
(b) “I could climb over.”
(c) “You could crawl under.”
(d) “You could climb over.”
8. What is the name of the pirate in Bruno’s book in Chapter Fifteen: "Something He Shouldn't Have Done"?
(a) Nathaniel Butler.
(b) Sir Andrew Barton.
(c) Dread Pirate Roberts.
(d) Long John Silver.
9. For how long does Bruno say he and Shmuel have been meeting and talking to one another in Chapter Eighteen: "Thinking Up the Final Adventure"?
(a) For over two years.
(b) For more than a month.
(c) For more than a year.
(d) For a few weeks.
10. What does Bruno’s father discover about the fence in Chapter Twenty: "The Last Chapter"?
(a) It is not properly secured where Bruno’s clothes were found.
(b) It is electrified.
(c) It is properly secured at all locations.
(d) It has been burned away where Bruno entered.
11. Who in Bruno’s family also contracts lice in Chapter Sixteen: "The Haircut"?
(a) Bruno’s grandmother.
(b) Bruno’s father.
(c) Bruno’s mother.
12. During dinner in Chapter Thirteen: "The Bottle of Wine,” Bruno complains that Herr Liszt won’t let them read what?
(a) German books.
(b) Science books.
(c) Plays or poetry.
(d) History books.
13. What is the name of the boy who frequently hit Shmuel when his family was relocated to the ghetto in Chapter Twelve: "Shmuel Thinks of an Answer to Bruno's Question"?
14. Bruno describes talking to his friend Shmuel about Berlin in Chapter Fourteen: "Bruno Tells a Perfectly Reasonable Lie.” In this conversation, Bruno says that you shouldn’t go to town on what day “unless you want to get pushed from pillar to post”?
15. What does Bruno say is “always wise when you’re exploring” in Chapter Eighteen: "Thinking Up the Final Adventure"?
(a) Looking for evidence.
(b) Wearing a costume.
(c) Staying hidden.
(d) Sending out spies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the Fury’s moustache described in Chapter Eleven: "The Fury"?
2. Gretel tells Bruno in Chapter Sixteen: "The Haircut" that the people on the other side of the fence are all what?
3. What does Shmuel promise to bring to Bruno when they meet for the last time in Chapter Eighteen: "Thinking Up the Final Adventure"?
4. How did Adolf Hitler die?
5. What does Gretel spend her spare time doing in the weeks that pass in Chapter Seventeen: "Mother Gets Her Own Way"?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)