|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bruno is talking to Gretel in his room in Chapter Fourteen: "Bruno Tells a Perfectly Reasonable Lie,” he recalls the time that who walked in on him in the bathroom?
(c) His teacher.
2. When Bruno takes his sister Gretel to look out of his bedroom window, Maria comes charging out carrying what in Chapter Three: "The Hopeless Case"?
(a) A dead mouse.
(b) A feral cat.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A dust cloth.
3. What song is Bruno’s Grandmother said to have always sung at parties in Chapter Eight: "Why Grandmother Stormed Out"?
(a) La Vie en Rose.
(b) My Sister and I.
(c) Maria Elena.
(d) Song of the Volga Boatmen.
4. What color hair is Gretel said to have in Chapter Three: "The Hopeless Case"?
5. What are the names of the three best friends of Bruno’s that he must leave behind in Berlin?
(a) James, Peter, and Paul.
(b) John, Jesse, and Michael.
(c) Shmuel, Lars, and Karl.
(d) Karl, Daniel, and Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Shmuel say his date of birth is in Chapter Ten: "The Dot that Became a Speck that Became a Blob that Became a Figure that Became a Boy"?
2. What does Shmuel promise to bring to Bruno when they meet for the last time in Chapter Eighteen: "Thinking Up the Final Adventure"?
3. What is Bruno’s response when his father asks him in his office in Chapter Five: "Out of Bounds at All Times and No Exceptions,” “What do you think? … Of your new home. Do you like it?”
4. What is Bruno’s father’s title in the military?
5. The soldier that Bruno sees leave his parents room in Chapter Two: "The New House" is described as having what color hair?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)