|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gretel is how many years older than Bruno in the novel?
2. When Bruno crosses to the other side of the fence in Chapter Nineteen: "What Happened the Next Day,” he is surprised that the grownups are not doing what?
(a) Smoking pipes and singing songs.
(b) Pushing wheelbarrows back and forth.
(c) Marching like the soldiers.
(d) Sitting in rocking chairs on their porches.
3. What happens when Bruno watches a dog on the other side of the fence in Chapter Fifteen: "Something He Shouldn't Have Done"?
(a) Lieutenant Kotler kicks the dog.
(b) Lieutenant Kotler screams.
(c) Lieutenant Kotler shoots the dog.
(d) Lieutenant Kotler shoots into the air.
4. The people on the other side of the fence are described as being how far from Bruno’s home, as he and Gretel watch from the window in Chapter Four: "What they Saw through the Window"?
(a) 100 feet away.
(b) 20 feet away.
(c) 200 feet away.
(d) 50 feet away.
5. Shmuel tells Bruno in Chapter Ten: "The Dot that Became a Speck that Became a Blob that Became a Figure that Became a Boy" that his name sounds like what?
(a) “It sounds like a car screeching on pavement.”
(b) “It sounds like logs crackling in a warm fireplace.”
(c) “It sounds like the wind blowing.”
(d) “It sounds like someone who’s rubbing their arms to keep warm.”
Short Answer Questions
1. What is cooking for dinner when Bruno arrives home in Chapter Twelve: "Shmuel Thinks of an Answer to Bruno's Question"?
2. Bruno discovers that Pavel had what profession prior to becoming a servant in his home in Chapter Seven: "How Mother Took Credit for Something that She Hadn't Done"?
3. Bruno’s family’s house in Berlin “didn’t even have a name; it was just called” what, according to the narrator in Chapter Three: "The Hopeless Case"?
4. What is the name of the friend in Berlin that Bruno recalls of his three “best friends for life” in Chapter Seventeen: "Mother Gets Her Own Way"?
5. Gretel explains to Bruno in Chapter Three: "The Hopeless Case" that “Out-With” is the name of what?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)