|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bruno’s Grandmother and Grandfather are said to live in a small flat near what area in Berlin, in Chapter Eight: "Why Grandmother Stormed Out"?
(a) Near the fruit and vegetable stalls.
(b) Near the Capitol Building.
(c) Near the old cemetery.
(d) Near the banker’s district.
2. The narrator says in Chapter Seven: "How Mother Took Credit for Something that She Hadn't Done,” that “Bruno had only known one person whom he considered to be mad and that was” whom?
(a) Herr Liszt.
(b) Herr Rothbaum.
(c) Herr Roller.
(d) Herr Walker.
3. Bruno describes talking to his friend Shmuel about Berlin in Chapter Fourteen: "Bruno Tells a Perfectly Reasonable Lie.” In this conversation, Bruno says that you shouldn’t go to town on what day “unless you want to get pushed from pillar to post”?
4. Whom does Shmuel say he doesn’t like talking about because he scares him in Chapter Thirteen: "The Bottle of Wine"?
(a) Bruno’s father.
(b) Herr Roller.
(c) Herr Liszt.
(d) Lieutenant Kotler.
5. What is cooking for dinner when Bruno arrives home in Chapter Twelve: "Shmuel Thinks of an Answer to Bruno's Question"?
(a) Roast beef.
(b) Roast lamb.
(c) Roast goose.
(d) Roast chicken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair is Bruno’s mother described as having in Chapter One: "Bruno Makes a Discovery"?
2. Lieutenant Kotler is said to wear a great deal of what in Chapter Seven: "How Mother Took Credit for Something that She Hadn't Done"?
3. How is the weather described when Bruno waked up in the beginning of Chapter Nineteen: "What Happened the Next Day"?
4. When he is talking to Gretel in his room in Chapter Fourteen: "Bruno Tells a Perfectly Reasonable Lie,” Bruno recalls the time in class he’d put his hand up and called the teacher what?
5. What was Shmuel’s father’s profession prior to coming to Out-With?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)