|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bruno find the rope needed to build his tire swing in Chapter Seven: "How Mother Took Credit for Something that She Hadn't Done"?
(a) In Gretel’s room.
(b) The basement.
(c) The attic.
(d) In the shed.
2. What is described on the armband worn by the boy that Bruno meets on the other side of the fence in Chapter Ten: "The Dot that Became a Speck that Became a Blob that Became a Figure that Became a Boy"?
(a) A star.
(b) A heart.
(c) A diamond.
(d) A swastika.
3. What does Shmuel do for the first time in the end of Chapter Fifteen: "Something He Shouldn't Have Done"?
(a) He hugs Bruno.
(b) He begs for food.
(c) He tells Bruno he’s happy to be friends.
(d) He shakes Bruno’s hand.
4. When Bruno takes his sister Gretel to look out of his bedroom window, Maria comes charging out carrying what in Chapter Three: "The Hopeless Case"?
(a) A dust cloth.
(b) A feral cat.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A dead mouse.
5. Bruno tells Maria in Chapter Six: "The Overpaid Maid,” “Well, you’ve been brought here against your will, just like I have. If you ask me, we’re all in the same boat. And it’s” what?
(a) “Turning to mutiny.”
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the young soldier carrying downstairs when Bruno first sees him in Chapter Two: "The New House"?
2. What is Bruno’s response when his father asks him in his office in Chapter Five: "Out of Bounds at All Times and No Exceptions,” “What do you think? … Of your new home. Do you like it?”
3. Maria tells Bruno in Chapter Six: "The Overpaid Maid,” “We must all just keep ourselves safe until this is all over. That’s what I intend to do anyway. What more can we do than that after all? It’s not up to us to” what?
4. When Bruno changes clothes before crossing the fence in Chapter Nineteen: "What Happened the Next Day,” he tells Shmuel that this reminds him of what?
5. What does Bruno perceive all of the people to be wearing at the camp across the fence in Chapter Four: "What they Saw through the Window"?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)