|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shmuel tells Bruno in Chapter Twelve: "Shmuel Thinks of an Answer to Bruno's Question" that after his family was forced to move from their home, they were relocated with another family. How many people does Shmuel say lived in one room at this location?
2. By what nickname does Bruno secretly refer to his sister Gretel in Chapter One: "Bruno Makes a Discovery"?
(a) “A Sorry Sight.”
(b) “The Brat Packer.”
(c) “A Hopeless Case.”
(d) “A Lost Cause.”
3. How is the woman described that came to dinner with the Fury at Bruno’s house in Berlin in Chapter Eight: "Why Grandmother Stormed Out"?
(a) Beautiful and blond.
(b) Old and gray-haired.
(c) Tall and dark-haired.
(d) Short and redheaded.
4. The soldier that Bruno sees leave his parents room in Chapter Two: "The New House" is described as having what color hair?
5. Maria tells Bruno in Chapter Six: "The Overpaid Maid" that her mother had worked for Bruno’s grandmother in what capacity?
(a) As her dresser.
(b) As her secretary.
(c) As her accountant.
(d) As her bank manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boy in the book that Bruno describes to Lieutenant Kotler in Chapter Fifteen: "Something He Shouldn't Have Done"?
2. At what time does Bruno’s father say the Fury is coming to their house for dinner in the flashback in Chapter Eleven: "The Fury"?
3. What does Bruno consider to be the best thing about his house in Berlin, according to the author in Chapter One: "Bruno Makes a Discovery"?
4. By what name does Gretel call Lieutenant Kotler in Chapter Seven: "How Mother Took Credit for Something that She Hadn't Done"?
5. The official car that drove Bruno and his family to the train station when they left Berlin is described in Chapter Five: "Out of Bounds at All Times and No Exceptions" as having what color flags on the front?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)