|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had been Bruno’s grandmother’s employment in her youth?
(a) She was a painter.
(b) She was a singer.
(c) She was a secretary.
(d) She was an acrobat.
2. For how long does Bruno say he’s been exploring when he meets the boy on the other side of the fence in Chapter Ten: "The Dot that Became a Speck that Became a Blob that Became a Figure that Became a Boy"?
(a) Almost an hour.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Almost 3 hours.
(d) Almost 2 hours.
3. Maria tells Bruno in Chapter Six: "The Overpaid Maid" that her mother had worked for Bruno’s grandmother in what capacity?
(a) As her bank manager.
(b) As her dresser.
(c) As her accountant.
(d) As her secretary.
4. Shmuel tells Bruno in Chapter Ten: "The Dot that Became a Speck that Became a Blob that Became a Figure that Became a Boy" that his name sounds like what?
(a) “It sounds like logs crackling in a warm fireplace.”
(b) “It sounds like the wind blowing.”
(c) “It sounds like a car screeching on pavement.”
(d) “It sounds like someone who’s rubbing their arms to keep warm.”
5. How old is Bruno’s Grandmother said to be in Chapter Eight: "Why Grandmother Stormed Out"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What two words comprised the common Nazi salute during the Third Reich?
2. What does Shmuel say his mother is in Chapter Ten: "The Dot that Became a Speck that Became a Blob that Became a Figure that Became a Boy"?
3. Gretel says in Chapter Four: "What they Saw through the Window" that “Father hates” what?
4. What is Bruno’s reply when Shmuel says to him in Chapter Twelve: "Shmuel Thinks of an Answer to Bruno's Question,” “You’re on the wrong side of the fence though”?
5. Bruno discovers that Pavel had what profession prior to becoming a servant in his home in Chapter Seven: "How Mother Took Credit for Something that She Hadn't Done"?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)