|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color hair is Gretel said to have in Chapter Three: "The Hopeless Case"?
2. What is Bruno’s response when his father asks him in his office in Chapter Five: "Out of Bounds at All Times and No Exceptions,” “What do you think? … Of your new home. Do you like it?”
(a) “I’m sure I’ll come to love it, Father.”
(b) “Yes, Father. I love it here.”
(c) “Are you sure we’ve come to the right place?”
(d) “No. I think we should go home.”
3. What does Maria tell Bruno she’d always enjoyed at the house in Berlin in Chapter Six: "The Overpaid Maid"?
(a) The banister.
(b) The attic.
(c) The basement.
(d) The garden.
4. What does Bruno perceive all of the people to be wearing at the camp across the fence in Chapter Four: "What they Saw through the Window"?
(a) Red and blue striped pajamas.
(b) Gray striped pajamas.
(c) Military uniforms.
(d) Dirty work suits.
5. What are the names of Gretel’s friends that she says she misses back in Berlin in Chapter Three: "The Hopeless Case"?
(a) Jennifer, Michelle, and Jessica.
(b) Sara, Janet, and Opal.
(c) Hilda, Isobel, and Louise.
(d) Christine, Helga, and Katherine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bruno says alone to himself in his room in the beginning of Chapter Six: "The Overpaid Maid,” “I hate this house, I hate my room and I even hate” what?
2. The bronze plaque on the bench that Bruno spies from his window states that “Out-With Camp” was established when?
3. What Italian explorer, credited with first discovering the Americas, does Bruno describe learning about from his tutor in Chapter Nine: "Bruno Remembers that He Used to Enjoy Exploration"?
4. Bruno discovers that Pavel had what profession prior to becoming a servant in his home in Chapter Seven: "How Mother Took Credit for Something that She Hadn't Done"?
5. Bruno says in Chapter Four: "What they Saw through the Window" that in Berlin on their quiet street they only had how many houses?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)