|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gretel says in Chapter Four: "What they Saw through the Window" that “Father hates” what?
(a) “Modern things.”
(b) “German things.”
2. What Italian explorer, credited with first discovering the Americas, does Bruno describe learning about from his tutor in Chapter Nine: "Bruno Remembers that He Used to Enjoy Exploration"?
(a) Amerigo Vespucci.
(b) Christopher Columbus.
(c) Diego de Almagro.
(d) Charles John Andersson.
3. Lieutenant Kotler is said to wear a great deal of what in Chapter Seven: "How Mother Took Credit for Something that She Hadn't Done"?
(a) Purple medals.
(b) Silver jewelry.
4. What two words comprised the common Nazi salute during the Third Reich?
(a) “Heil Hitler.”
(b) “Nazi Furor.”
(c) “Semper fidelis.”
(d) “Hich Nazi.”
5. Pavel is said to have what nightly duties within Bruno’s family’s home in Chapter Seven: "How Mother Took Credit for Something that She Hadn't Done"?
(a) Polishing silver and cooking dinner.
(b) Peeling vegetables and serving dinner.
(c) Sweeping and mopping the house.
(d) Cleaning the kitchen and doing laundry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bruno define his father’s office in the story, both in Berlin and in Out-With?
2. What is the name of the tutor who arrives to teach Bruno and Gretel in Chapter Nine: "Bruno Remembers that He Used to Enjoy Exploration"?
3. What is the first name of Bruno’s Grandmother, used by his Grandfather in Chapter Eight: "Why Grandmother Stormed Out"?
4. Bruno says alone to himself in his room in the beginning of Chapter Six: "The Overpaid Maid,” “I hate this house, I hate my room and I even hate” what?
5. By what name does Gretel call Lieutenant Kotler in Chapter Seven: "How Mother Took Credit for Something that She Hadn't Done"?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)