|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had been Bruno’s grandmother’s employment in her youth?
(a) She was a painter.
(b) She was a secretary.
(c) She was a singer.
(d) She was an acrobat.
2. The narrator notes in Chapter Four: "What they Saw through the Window" that “Hilda had been told time and time again that she was not to call her brother” what?
(b) “A pest.”
(c) “A Nazi.”
(d) “A jerk.”
3. Bruno’s Grandfather “had spent his entire life running a restaurant in the centre of town, and one of his employees was the father” of which of Bruno’s friends?
4. How old was Bruno’s Grandfather said to be when Bruno’s family left for Out-With?
(a) Almost 84.
(b) Almost 73.
(c) Almost 70.
(d) Almost 90.
5. What two words comprised the common Nazi salute during the Third Reich?
(a) “Nazi Furor.”
(b) “Semper fidelis.”
(c) “Hich Nazi.”
(d) “Heil Hitler.”
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of Gretel’s friends that she says she misses back in Berlin in Chapter Three: "The Hopeless Case"?
2. Why can Gretel not see “the children” from her own bedroom window in Chapter Three: "The Hopeless Case"?
3. What does Gretel ask Maria to do when she enters Bruno’s room in Chapter Six: "The Overpaid Maid"?
4. The narrator says in Chapter Seven: "How Mother Took Credit for Something that She Hadn't Done,” that “Bruno had only known one person whom he considered to be mad and that was” whom?
5. What Italian explorer and cartographer, who first demonstrated that Brazil and the West Indies did not represent Asia's eastern outskirts, does Bruno describe learning about in Chapter Nine: "Bruno Remembers that He Used to Enjoy Exploration"?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)