|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose father is described as being a teacher in Chapter One: "Bruno Makes a Discovery"?
2. Bruno’s family’s house in Berlin “didn’t even have a name; it was just called” what, according to the narrator in Chapter Three: "The Hopeless Case"?
(a) “Number four.”
(b) “Number five.”
(c) “Number six.”
(d) “Number seven.”
3. What covers the walls in Bruno’s father’s office in Chapter Five: "Out of Bounds at All Times and No Exceptions"?
(a) Dark draperies.
(b) Mahogany bookshelves.
(c) Photographs of Hitler.
(d) Maps and battle plans.
4. What had been Bruno’s grandmother’s employment in her youth?
(a) She was a singer.
(b) She was an acrobat.
(c) She was a secretary.
(d) She was a painter.
5. What does Gretel ask Maria to do when she enters Bruno’s room in Chapter Six: "The Overpaid Maid"?
(a) To make her some tea.
(b) To run her a bath.
(c) To bathe her dolls.
(d) To make her a sandwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the soldiers speaking to Bruno’s father is overheard in Chapter Five: "Out of Bounds at All Times and No Exceptions" saying, “We have lacked efficiency since the start of” what year?
2. What are the names of Gretel’s friends that she says she misses back in Berlin in Chapter Three: "The Hopeless Case"?
3. Bruno says of his father and all fathers in Chapter Two: "The New House" that “fathers are supposed to be” what?
4. How does Bruno define his father’s office in the story, both in Berlin and in Out-With?
5. What is Gretel’s answer when Bruno asks her in Chapter Three: "The Hopeless Case,” “What is foreseeable future exactly?”
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)