|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had been Bruno’s grandmother’s employment in her youth?
(a) She was a secretary.
(b) She was a painter.
(c) She was an acrobat.
(d) She was a singer.
2. Gretel says in Chapter Four: "What they Saw through the Window" that “Father hates” what?
(b) “German things.”
(d) “Modern things.”
3. Bruno tells Maria in Chapter Six: "The Overpaid Maid,” “Well, you’ve been brought here against your will, just like I have. If you ask me, we’re all in the same boat. And it’s” what?
(b) “Turning to mutiny.”
4. The official car that drove Bruno and his family to the train station when they left Berlin is described in Chapter Five: "Out of Bounds at All Times and No Exceptions" as having what color flags on the front?
(a) Red and blue.
(b) Red and black.
(c) Blue and green.
(d) Green and white.
5. What does Maria say that Bruno’s father did for her mother after Maria had been working for the family a short time in Chapter Six: "The Overpaid Maid"?
(a) He sent her to Switzerland to recover.
(b) He helped hide her from the Nazis.
(c) He revised her paperwork so she would not appear Jewish.
(d) He paid for her medical care and funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Bruno when his mother told him about the local “madman’s” terrible injury during the Great War and how it led to his madness?
2. Where does Bruno find the rope needed to build his tire swing in Chapter Seven: "How Mother Took Credit for Something that She Hadn't Done"?
3. Bruno angers his father in Chapter Five: "Out of Bounds at All Times and No Exceptions" by suggesting that his father do what?
4. What are the people behind the fence said to be pushing from one side of the camp to the other in Chapter Four: "What they Saw through the Window"?
5. The narrator says in Chapter Seven: "How Mother Took Credit for Something that She Hadn't Done,” that “Bruno had only known one person whom he considered to be mad and that was” whom?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)