|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the soldiers speaking to Bruno’s father is overheard in Chapter Five: "Out of Bounds at All Times and No Exceptions" saying, “We have lacked efficiency since the start of” what year?
2. Maria tells Bruno in Chapter Six: "The Overpaid Maid,” “We must all just keep ourselves safe until this is all over. That’s what I intend to do anyway. What more can we do than that after all? It’s not up to us to” what?
(a) “Argue with Father.”
(b) “Save these people.”
(c) “Fix the world.”
(d) “Change things.”
3. Bruno discovers that Pavel had what profession prior to becoming a servant in his home in Chapter Seven: "How Mother Took Credit for Something that She Hadn't Done"?
(a) He was a policeman.
(b) He was a lawyer.
(c) He was a butcher.
(d) He was a doctor.
4. Why can Gretel not see “the children” from her own bedroom window in Chapter Three: "The Hopeless Case"?
(a) It is covered with boards on the outside.
(b) It is too high to see out of.
(c) It faces the front of the house.
(d) She has no window in her room.
5. Bruno tells Maria in Chapter Six: "The Overpaid Maid,” “Well, you’ve been brought here against your will, just like I have. If you ask me, we’re all in the same boat. And it’s” what?
(a) “Turning to mutiny.”
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago had the Fury been to Bruno’s house in the opening of Chapter One: "Bruno Makes a Discovery"?
2. What color hair is Bruno’s mother described as having in Chapter One: "Bruno Makes a Discovery"?
3. Whom does Bruno recall his mother having said they “never should have let come to dinner” in his memory of leaving their home in Berlin in Chapter Five: "Out of Bounds at All Times and No Exceptions"?
4. Bruno says in Chapter Four: "What they Saw through the Window" that in Berlin on their quiet street they only had how many houses?
5. Bruno’s family’s house in Berlin “didn’t even have a name; it was just called” what, according to the narrator in Chapter Three: "The Hopeless Case"?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)