|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bruno says in Chapter Four: "What they Saw through the Window" that in Berlin on their quiet street they only had how many houses?
2. Whose father is described as a green-grocer in Chapter One: "Bruno Makes a Discovery"?
3. Whom does Bruno recall his mother having said they “never should have let come to dinner” in his memory of leaving their home in Berlin in Chapter Five: "Out of Bounds at All Times and No Exceptions"?
(b) “The Fury.”
(c) “The President.”
4. How old is Gretel in the beginning of the novel?
5. When Bruno takes his sister Gretel to look out of his bedroom window, Maria comes charging out carrying what in Chapter Three: "The Hopeless Case"?
(a) A dust cloth.
(b) A dead mouse.
(c) A feral cat.
(d) A suitcase.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruno consider to be the best thing about his house in Berlin, according to the author in Chapter One: "Bruno Makes a Discovery"?
2. What two words comprised the common Nazi salute during the Third Reich?
3. What is Bruno’s response when his father asks him in his office in Chapter Five: "Out of Bounds at All Times and No Exceptions,” “What do you think? … Of your new home. Do you like it?”
4. Bruno’s sister Gretel is described as having a large collection of what toys in Chapter Three: "The Hopeless Case"?
5. The soldier that Bruno sees leave his parents room in Chapter Two: "The New House" is described as having what color hair?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)