|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bruno angers his father in Chapter Five: "Out of Bounds at All Times and No Exceptions" by suggesting that his father do what?
(a) Divorce his mother.
(b) Move to the United States.
(c) Send him to live with Grandmother.
(d) Apologize to the Fury.
2. Gretel’s conclusion about the “children” next door and where they have moved is what, in Chapter Four: "What they Saw through the Window"?
(a) “This must be a prison.”
(b) “This must be a concentration camp.”
(c) “This must be Poland.”
(d) “This must be the countryside.”
3. Whom does Bruno complain to about the move his family has made in his new bedroom in Chapter Two: "The New House"?
4. What color hair is Gretel said to have in Chapter Three: "The Hopeless Case"?
5. One of the soldiers speaking to Bruno’s father is overheard in Chapter Five: "Out of Bounds at All Times and No Exceptions" saying, “We have lacked efficiency since the start of” what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Bruno in the beginning of the novel?
2. Whose father is described as a green-grocer in Chapter One: "Bruno Makes a Discovery"?
3. What are the names of Gretel’s friends that she says she misses back in Berlin in Chapter Three: "The Hopeless Case"?
4. How many floors, including the basement, comprise Bruno’s family’s new home in Out-With?
5. Whom does Bruno recall his mother having said they “never should have let come to dinner” in his memory of leaving their home in Berlin in Chapter Five: "Out of Bounds at All Times and No Exceptions"?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)