|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bruno takes his sister Gretel to look out of his bedroom window, Maria comes charging out carrying what in Chapter Three: "The Hopeless Case"?
(a) A dead mouse.
(b) A feral cat.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A dust cloth.
2. What is the young soldier carrying downstairs when Bruno first sees him in Chapter Two: "The New House"?
(a) A box.
(b) A bouquet.
(c) A gun.
(d) A doll.
3. What are the names of the three best friends of Bruno’s that he must leave behind in Berlin?
(a) Karl, Daniel, and Martin.
(b) Shmuel, Lars, and Karl.
(c) James, Peter, and Paul.
(d) John, Jesse, and Michael.
4. How many other maids join Maria in service at Bruno’s family’s home in Out-With in Chapter Two: "The New House"?
5. What is Gretel’s answer when Bruno asks her in Chapter Three: "The Hopeless Case,” “What is foreseeable future exactly?”
(a) “It means a few months.”
(b) “It means weeks from now.”
(c) “It means in at least a year.”
(d) “It means just a few days.”
Short Answer Questions
1. Gretel explains to Bruno in Chapter Three: "The Hopeless Case" that “Out-With” is the name of what?
2. What color hair is Gretel said to have in Chapter Three: "The Hopeless Case"?
3. Whose father is described as a green-grocer in Chapter One: "Bruno Makes a Discovery"?
4. Bruno says of his father and all fathers in Chapter Two: "The New House" that “fathers are supposed to be” what?
5. How long ago had the Fury been to Bruno’s house in the opening of Chapter One: "Bruno Makes a Discovery"?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)