|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Lieutenant Kotler’s father said to have relocated after leaving Germany in Chapter Fourteen: "Bruno Tells a Perfectly Reasonable Lie"?
(b) The United States.
2. The maid Maria is said to have come to work for Bruno’s family when Bruno was how old, in Chapter Six: "The Overpaid Maid"?
(a) 3 years old.
(b) 6 months old.
(c) 6 years old.
(d) 8 years old.
3. What are the names of the three best friends of Bruno’s that he must leave behind in Berlin?
(a) James, Peter, and Paul.
(b) Karl, Daniel, and Martin.
(c) Shmuel, Lars, and Karl.
(d) John, Jesse, and Michael.
4. What symbol does Bruno describe on his father’s armband in Chapter Twelve: "Shmuel Thinks of an Answer to Bruno's Question"?
(a) A swastika.
(b) A star.
(c) A heart.
(d) A diamond.
5. How is Bruno’s Grandmother’s hair described in Chapter Eight: "Why Grandmother Stormed Out"?
(a) Long and black.
(b) Short and blond.
(c) Long and red.
(d) Short and gray.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the friend in Berlin that Bruno recalls of his three “best friends for life” in Chapter Seventeen: "Mother Gets Her Own Way"?
2. What does Gretel spend her spare time doing in the weeks that pass in Chapter Seventeen: "Mother Gets Her Own Way"?
3. One of the soldiers speaking to Bruno’s father is overheard in Chapter Five: "Out of Bounds at All Times and No Exceptions" saying, “We have lacked efficiency since the start of” what year?
4. What has happened to Lieutenant Kotler in Chapter Seventeen: "Mother Gets Her Own Way"?
5. What does Bruno decide to make a list of in Chapter Fifteen: "Something He Shouldn't Have Done"?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)