|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bruno says of his father and all fathers in Chapter Two: "The New House" that “fathers are supposed to be” what?
2. Where does Bruno find the rope needed to build his tire swing in Chapter Seven: "How Mother Took Credit for Something that She Hadn't Done"?
(a) The basement.
(b) In the shed.
(c) In Gretel’s room.
(d) The attic.
3. What is cooking for dinner when Bruno arrives home in Chapter Twelve: "Shmuel Thinks of an Answer to Bruno's Question"?
(a) Roast goose.
(b) Roast chicken.
(c) Roast beef.
(d) Roast lamb.
4. What does Shmuel say his brother’s name is in Chapter Twelve: "Shmuel Thinks of an Answer to Bruno's Question"?
5. What is the young soldier carrying downstairs when Bruno first sees him in Chapter Two: "The New House"?
(a) A gun.
(b) A bouquet.
(c) A box.
(d) A doll.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does Bruno say he’s been exploring when he meets the boy on the other side of the fence in Chapter Ten: "The Dot that Became a Speck that Became a Blob that Became a Figure that Became a Boy"?
2. Gretel’s conclusion about the “children” next door and where they have moved is what, in Chapter Four: "What they Saw through the Window"?
3. What are the names of Gretel’s friends that she says she misses back in Berlin in Chapter Three: "The Hopeless Case"?
4. Who shaves Bruno’s head in Chapter Sixteen: "The Haircut"?
5. The narrator says in Chapter Seven: "How Mother Took Credit for Something that She Hadn't Done,” that “Bruno had only known one person whom he considered to be mad and that was” whom?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)