|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is cooking for dinner when Bruno arrives home in Chapter Twelve: "Shmuel Thinks of an Answer to Bruno's Question"?
(a) Roast lamb.
(b) Roast goose.
(c) Roast chicken.
(d) Roast beef.
2. What is Bruno’s reply when Shmuel says to him in Chapter Twelve: "Shmuel Thinks of an Answer to Bruno's Question,” “You’re on the wrong side of the fence though”?
(a) “You could climb over.”
(b) “I could climb over.”
(c) “I could crawl under.”
(d) “You could crawl under.”
3. Lieutenant Kotler is said to wear a great deal of what in Chapter Seven: "How Mother Took Credit for Something that She Hadn't Done"?
(c) Silver jewelry.
(d) Purple medals.
4. What is the meaning of the word “ergo,” used in Chapter Five: "Out of Bounds at All Times and No Exceptions”?
5. What was Shmuel’s father’s profession prior to coming to Out-With?
(a) He was a rabbi.
(b) He was a butcher.
(c) He was a bank teller.
(d) He was a watchmaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Bruno when his mother told him about the local “madman’s” terrible injury during the Great War and how it led to his madness?
2. What subjects is Bruno’s tutor said to be “particularly fond of” in Chapter Nine: "Bruno Remembers that He Used to Enjoy Exploration"?
3. What covers the walls in Bruno’s father’s office in Chapter Five: "Out of Bounds at All Times and No Exceptions"?
4. One of the soldiers speaking to Bruno’s father is overheard in Chapter Five: "Out of Bounds at All Times and No Exceptions" saying, “We have lacked efficiency since the start of” what year?
5. Bruno’s family’s house in Berlin “didn’t even have a name; it was just called” what, according to the narrator in Chapter Three: "The Hopeless Case"?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)