|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the meaning of the word “ergo,” used in Chapter Five: "Out of Bounds at All Times and No Exceptions”?
2. The bronze plaque on the bench that Bruno spies from his window states that “Out-With Camp” was established when?
(a) July 1941.
(b) July 1942.
(c) September 1938.
(d) June 1940.
3. Whom does Bruno recall his mother having said they “never should have let come to dinner” in his memory of leaving their home in Berlin in Chapter Five: "Out of Bounds at All Times and No Exceptions"?
(b) “The President.”
(c) “The Fury.”
4. What color hair is Gretel said to have in Chapter Three: "The Hopeless Case"?
5. Shmuel tells Bruno in Chapter Twelve: "Shmuel Thinks of an Answer to Bruno's Question" that when his family was forced to move from their house they moved into another part of what city?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruno’s father do when he becomes angry at Bruno’s suggestion in Chapter Five: "Out of Bounds at All Times and No Exceptions"?
2. How old was Bruno when his mother told him about the local “madman’s” terrible injury during the Great War and how it led to his madness?
3. The narrator says in Chapter Seven: "How Mother Took Credit for Something that She Hadn't Done,” that “Bruno had only known one person whom he considered to be mad and that was” whom?
4. The official car that drove Bruno and his family to the train station when they left Berlin is described in Chapter Five: "Out of Bounds at All Times and No Exceptions" as having what color flags on the front?
5. What subjects are Bruno said to prefer studying in Chapter Nine: "Bruno Remembers that He Used to Enjoy Exploration"?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)