|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Paganotti regularly set out for his employees?
2. What has Freda persuaded Maria to wear?
3. Who is the woman at the factory who adores Freda?
4. How can Brenda be characterized?
5. What does Brenda think of as she tries to go to sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author show that the factory workers are very poor?
2. Whose arrival causes a huge commotion and angst for Brenda?
3. What is Freda's demeanor following the gunshot incident at the apartment?
4. With whom is Vittorio in love?
5. Describe Freda.
6. What are the circumstances surrounding the gunshot heard at the apartment?
7. How does Brenda treat Stanley when he attempts to contact her?
8. How does the author use foreshadowing in Maria's reading fortunes in tea leaves?
9. How are the differences in Freda and Brenda apparent as they watch the funeral from the window?
10. Despite of her feelings of jealousy, how does Brenda feel herself coming back to life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
THE BOTTLE FACTORY OUTING is a classic story of unfulfilled expectations. What does that classification entail? Why does this story fit into this category?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Patrick. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Brenda. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)