|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Rossi and Vittorio arguing when Brenda returns?
(a) They disagree about a business problem.
(b) They don't know what to do with Freda's body.
(c) They both want the same promotion.
(d) Vittorio has changed his mind about marrying Rossi's niece.
2. Who is driving the Ford Cortina?
3. Where does Brenda dream that she and Freda are?
(a) At the wild safar park.
(b) At a cafe.
(c) At work.
(d) A movie theater.
4. Why was Freda happy after the horse ride?
(a) It reminded her of her childhood.
(b) She loves riding horses.
(c) She felt really free.
(d) She saw Vittorio admiring her.
5. Why can Brenda not return to Stanley?
(a) He has moved.
(b) He is no longer in love with her.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He has found another woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rossi not force Brenda to go with him?
2. Who finally admits to killing Freda?
3. What does Vittorio think he sees in the bushes?
4. What does Freda suggest that the group do after lunch?
5. What does Freda use to hit Patrick?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brenda discover Freda's dead body?
2. How does the author use foreshadowing when Brenda tells the neighbor that Freda has taken a trip to Spain?
3. What is the nature of the argument between Rossi and Vittorio?
4. What happens at the factory the next morning after Freda's death?
5. How does the author illustrate the class difference between the Italian men and the others in the group?
6. How is the transportation problem resolved among the men?
7. Describe Freda's experience as she walks into the woods.
8. Describe the horse riding adventure for the factory workers.
9. Who finally admits to killing Freda and how do the others respond?
10. What do the men in the other car assume about Freda since they don't yet know she is dead?
This section contains 1,258 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)