|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many cars are available to take the group on the outing?
2. What do the men seem to be shy about?
(a) Taking off their jackets.
(b) Sharing their food.
(c) Taking off their shoes.
(d) Singing in front of the women.
3. Where does Brenda tell the neighbor Freda has gone?
4. In what ways does Patrick NOT remind Brenda of Stanley?
(a) The way he talks.
(b) His trouble with the police.
(c) His generosity.
(d) He does not seem nice anymore.
5. What does Brenda return home to retrieve?
(a) Clean clothes.
(b) The handkerchief with the broken glass.
(c) An address book.
(d) Toiletries for Freda's body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finally admits to killing Freda?
2. Why is Freda disappointed when she gets up to walk around?
3. What has not arrived when Freda and Brenda arrive at the factory?
4. Why was Freda happy after the horse ride?
5. What is Brenda reminded of as she fights with Freda?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author use foreshadowing when Brenda tells the neighbor that Freda has taken a trip to Spain?
2. Who are the uniformed men in the park and what is their job?
3. What romantic thoughts does Freda have at the castle regarding Vittorio?
4. How does the author use foreshadowing in Freda's suggestion to visit the wild safari park?
5. How is Rossi's day at the castle colored with a tinge of resentment toward Mr. Paganotti?
6. What does Patrick explain to Brenda regarding his culpability for Freda's murder?
7. How doe Freda and Brenda prepare for the outing?
8. What do the men in the other car assume about Freda since they don't yet know she is dead?
9. How does the author illustrate the class difference between the Italian men and the others in the group?
10. What is the significance of the uniformed men and their horses?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)