|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freda ask Brenda to steal from the factory?
2. Freda and Brenda did not have the skills to work _______________.
(a) In an office.
(b) At a museum.
(c) At a college.
(d) In a hospital.
3. Who has unexpectedly arrived to see Brenda?
(a) Her old boss.
(b) Her former boyfriend.
(c) Her mother-in-law.
(d) Her sister.
4. What does Brenda think of as she tries to go to sleep?
(a) How Mrs. Haddon must be upset that she was not able to shoot Brenda.
(b) How she must look for a different job.
(c) How she wishes she had a child.
(d) How she wishes she could go back to Stanley.
5. Where are Freda and Brenda located as the story begins?
(a) A cafe.
(b) The library.
(c) Their apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Brenda NOT have in her life?
2. Who is the woman at the factory who adores Freda?
3. What does Mrs. Haddon try to do to Brenda?
4. Who is the only living relative Freda has?
5. How does Maria try to stay warm at work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Freda.
2. How are the differences in Freda and Brenda apparent as they watch the funeral from the window?
3. What does Freda ask Brenda to steal from the factory?
4. What are Freda and Brenda doing as the story opens?
5. Where do Freda and Brenda work?
6. Who is Maria and what is her attachment to Freda?
7. How does the author show that the factory workers are very poor?
8. What does Freda enjoy about arriving at the factory each morning?
9. Explain the relationship Mr. Paganotti has with his employees.
10. With whom is Vittorio in love?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)