|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had Brenda's husband sometimes awakened her in the night?
(a) To talk to him.
(b) To bring her out of a bad dream.
(c) To feed the baby.
(d) To look at the moon through a telescope.
2. Which of the following does Brenda NOT have in her life?
(a) An estranged husband.
(b) A child.
(c) A mother-in-law.
(d) A mother.
3. How does Vittorio react to Freda when he is in Rossi's office?
(a) He embraces her.
(b) He kicks her out.
(c) He is cold to her.
(d) He smiles at her shyly.
4. How can Brenda be characterized?
5. Who does Freda talk to about Brenda?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Freda and Brenda looking at when the story begins?
2. What makes Freda almost giddy now?
3. How did Freda and Brenda know the woman who died?
4. Who is Rossi?
5. Who is the only living relative Freda has?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Freda's demeanor following the gunshot incident at the apartment?
2. What is Freda's reaction when she learns that she and Brenda have been given the afternoon off due to the "death" of Freda's mother?
3. What is the setting for THE BOTTLE FACTORY OUTING and who are the two characters first introduced?
4. How does Brenda react when Patrick comes to the apartment?
5. Describe Freda.
6. What are Freda's motivations for her behavior regarding Brenda?
7. Whose arrival causes a huge commotion and angst for Brenda?
8. Who is Patrick and how does he become involved in Brenda and Freda's lives?
9. What are the circumstances that allow Brenda and Freda to get an afternoon off work?
10. Who are the only men in the factory who speak English?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)