|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Freda spend several days after the gunshot incident?
(a) On a weekend trip.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) In the apartment.
(d) At a friend's cabin.
2. When is Brenda worried about Freda?
(a) When she drinks too much.
(b) When she stays out all night.
(c) When she won't get out of bed.
(d) When she is quiet.
3. What does the note from Vittorio say?
(a) He wants to talk to her about management training.
(b) He wants to take her out to dinner.
(c) He is coming over tonight to offer his condolences.
(d) He wants her advice on some wardrobe selections.
4. What does Freda invite Maria to do?
(a) Come over for tea.
(b) Come over to play cards.
(c) Go to the movies.
(d) Go out to dinner.
5. Which of the following things does Freda NOT do with Vittorio?
(c) Drink wine.
(d) Eat dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Brenda?
2. What does Mr. Paganotti regularly set out for his employees?
3. Why does Rossi give Freda and Brenda the rest of the day off?
4. What does Brenda think of as she tries to go to sleep?
5. Who is Rossi?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Patrick and how does he become involved in Brenda and Freda's lives?
2. How does the author use foreshadowing in Maria's reading fortunes in tea leaves?
3. Where do Freda and Brenda work?
4. With whom is Vittorio in love?
5. What does Freda ask Brenda to steal from the factory?
6. What are Freda and Brenda doing as the story opens?
7. What are Freda and Brenda's circumstances and how did they meet?
8. Describe Freda's low mood and how a note from Vittorio turns her around.
9. Why has Freda decided to take a few days off work?
10. Explain the relationship Mr. Paganotti has with his employees.
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)