|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brenda keep seeing in her mind after she returns home?
(a) Freda's body falling backwards in the grass.
(b) Freda riding the horse.
(c) Freda's eyes staring at her.
(d) Freda flirting with Vittorio.
2. Who does not want to sit next to Freda in Rossi's car?
3. What does Freda worry about asking Vittorio?
(a) For money to buy cigarettes.
(b) What is his income.
(c) If he will marry her.
(d) Whether he loves her.
4. Why does Brenda not give any money to Freda?
(a) She is saving it in the event of a disaster.
(b) Freda will lose it.
(c) Freda never pays her back.
(d) She doesn't have any.
5. Who does Brenda discover to be dead in the bushes?
6. Where does Brenda sleep on the night Freda is killed?
(a) The couch.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) A hotel.
(d) Maria's house.
7. What is put into the wine barrel to preserve Freda's body?
8. What hits Freda on the cheek as she walks through the woods?
(a) A pebble.
(b) A falling acorn.
(c) A swarm of insects.
(d) A tree branch.
9. What do the workers collect in a nearby shop for a proper goodbye to Freda?
(a) Plastic flowers.
(b) Prayer books.
(c) Tea and biscuits.
(d) Audio cassette tapes.
10. Why can Brenda not return to Stanley?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He has found another woman.
(c) He is no longer in love with her.
(d) He has moved.
11. What do the men do when Rossi stops the car for a break?
(a) Kick a ball around.
(b) Drink a beer.
(c) Play cards.
12. How does Patrick say his eye was cut?
(a) Freda threw a stone at him in the woods?
(b) He got hit with a wine bottle.
(c) A tree branch cut him.
(d) He fell against a rock.
13. Why was Freda happy after the horse ride?
(a) She saw Vittorio admiring her.
(b) She felt really free.
(c) She loves riding horses.
(d) It reminded her of her childhood.
14. Who finally admits to killing Freda?
15. What is the group doing at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Drinking wine.
(b) Preparing a picnic.
(c) Touring the chapel.
(d) Playing soccer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose mansion is in the same area as Windsor Castle?
2. What are the men in the Mini waiting to do?
3. What is the name of the destination?
4. What is Brenda reminded of as she fights with Freda?
5. Where does Brenda tell the neighbor Freda has gone?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)