Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what month of the year does Max collapse in the basement?
2. How does Hans react to the news that he is going to be drafted to the war?
3. What excuse does Rudy give the shopkeeper when he is caught stealing apples from the market?
4. What does Rosa shout at Liesel for, signaling to her that Max has awoken from his coma?
5. What does the disgruntled card player steal from Hans after their game?
While Max is living in the Hubermann's basement, he has little to no contact with the outside world. First, describe how Max spends his days while he is confined to the basement. Then, explain how Max manages to catch glimpses, both real and imagined, of what life is like on the outside during his confinement.
Adolf Hitler's book "Mein Kampf" is a very important prop in the plot of this novel. First, describe what message Hitler was trying to send to the German people with his book. Then, give at least two examples of scenes in which characters from the novel use "Mein Kampf" as a tool to aid in the fight against Hitler.
Liesel's life undergoes some major changes, starting with the opening chapter of the novel. First, describe what Liesel's familial situation is like at the opening of the novel. Then, describe what her familial situation is like at the end of the novel. What has changed about Liesel's sense of family?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)