|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Frau Hermann, who owns the library in her house?
(a) God does.
(b) Hitler does.
(c) She does.
(d) Her husband does.
2. What job does Hans take upon returning home from the war?
(a) A desk job.
(b) A teaching job.
(c) A police job.
(d) He is unemployed.
3. What does the disgruntled card player steal from Hans after their game?
(a) His letters from Liesel.
(b) His food ration card.
(c) His photos of Rosa.
(d) His seat in the car.
4. What does Liesel bring into Max's room on Christmas Eve?
(b) A feast.
5. What title does Max give to his journal before skipping town?
(a) The Book Thief.
(b) The Dream Carrier.
(c) The Word Shaker.
(d) The Standover Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what month of the year does Max collapse in the basement?
2. Which of the following food items does Liesel leave around town in case the Jewish prisoners get hungry?
3. How does Hans learn that he has been accepted in the Nazi party?
4. What does Hans offer to the starving Jewish soldier he sees being marched through the streets?
5. What card game does Hans regularly play with his troops?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Max forced to leave the Hubermann house?
2. What fear does Rosa have if Max were to die?
3. What is "The Word Shaker"?
4. Why does Liesel angrily shout at Frau Hermann in the library of her house?
5. What secret code do Liesel and Rosa concoct to communicate about Max in public?
6. What dream does Max regularly have involving Hitler?
7. How is Hans paid for the work he does during the summer of 1942?
8. What happens when Viktor Chemmel steals the book Liesel is reading?
9. How does the Hitler Youth Organization leader treat Rudy when he sees him on the street outside the church?
10. How does Rudy perform at the summer Hitler Youth carnival?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)