|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what month of the year does Max collapse in the basement?
2. How does Hans react to the news that he is going to be drafted to the war?
(a) He tries to run away from home.
(b) He begins to pray.
(c) He gets drunk.
(d) He stoically accepts his fate.
3. What excuse does Rudy give the shopkeeper when he is caught stealing apples from the market?
(a) That this is all a big misunderstanding.
(b) That he is actually a misguided prince.
(c) That his family is starving.
(d) That he forgot his wallet.
4. What does Rosa shout at Liesel for, signaling to her that Max has awoken from his coma?
(a) For tracking mud through the kitchen.
(b) For using her hairbrush.
(c) For forgetting to hang up the laundry.
(d) For leaving the milk out to spoil.
5. What does the disgruntled card player steal from Hans after their game?
(a) His seat in the car.
(b) His photos of Rosa.
(c) His food ration card.
(d) His letters from Liesel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liesel bring into Max's room on Christmas Eve?
2. Why is the Nazi party interested in giving Rudy a full scholarship to their school?
3. How do Rudy's parents feel when the Nazi party offers Rudy a full scholarship to one of their training schools?
4. Which of the following items is NOT something Frau Hermann leaves on her windowsill for Liesel to collect?
5. What punishment does Hans receive for helping the starving Jew from the parade?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)