|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following units is Hans assigned to in the war?
2. What does Hans offer to the starving Jewish soldier he sees being marched through the streets?
(d) An apple.
3. Why are men trolling the neighborhood where Liesel lives during her soccer game?
(a) They are collecting donations to benefit the Hitler Youth organization.
(b) They are searching for hidden Jews.
(c) They are handing out pamphlets about the Nazi party.
(d) They are inspecting basements that may be converted into bomb shelters.
4. Where is Michael Holtzapfel's body found?
(a) His body is never found.
(b) In a shop.
(c) By the riverbed.
(d) At the local cemetery.
5. How does Hans learn that he has been accepted in the Nazi party?
(a) A letter arrives.
(b) He gets a phone call.
(c) Nazi soldiers knock on his door.
(d) A sign is posted in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rudy feel after the Nazi physical?
2. What ethnicity is the pilot whose plane has crashed near the river?
3. Which of the following characters is drafted to the war at the same time as Hans?
4. What punishment does Hans receive for helping the starving Jew from the parade?
5. What does the Hitler Youth leader use to cut Rudy's hair in the middle of the street?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Liesel come to own a Dictionary and Thesaurus?
2. Why does Hans suddenly begin working again during the summer of 1942?
3. What is "The Word Shaker"?
4. How does Rudy perform at the summer Hitler Youth carnival?
5. How does Hans narrowly avoid death during the second World War?
6. What happens when Liesel sees Max being marched through town with a Jewish prisoner parade?
7. Why is Max forced to leave the Hubermann house?
8. What happens when Viktor Chemmel steals the book Liesel is reading?
9. What happens when Rudy sees an airplane go down outside the bomb shelter?
10. How does the Hubermann family react during the first air raid drill of the year?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)