|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who breaks the news to Frau Holtzapfel that her son has died?
2. Which of the following characters does NOT try to bully Frau Holtzapfel into the air raid shelter when she refuses to go?
3. How long has Max been hiding in the basement before he sees the sky?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Four years.
4. How many races does Rudy sign up for during the Hitler Youth carnival?
5. What does the Hitler Youth leader use to cut Rudy's hair in the middle of the street?
(a) A pocket knife.
(b) A pair of scissors.
(c) A switchblade.
(d) A broken glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the book Liesel steals from Frau Hermann's library while Max is sick?
2. What does Rudy hear when he eavesdrops on the conversation between the Nazi party and his parents?
3. What food item does Liesel find on Frau Hermann's desk around Christmas time?
4. During what month of the year does Frau Holtzapfel's son come home from the war?
5. What question does the Hitler Youth leader ask Rudy on the street before beating him in front of his friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rudy react to the physical he is forced to undergo at the Nazi school?
2. What happens when Rudy sees an airplane go down outside the bomb shelter?
3. How does Michael Holtzapfel die?
4. How does Hans narrowly avoid death during the second World War?
5. How does Liesel save Max from being discovered when the men are trolling the neighborhood inspecting basements?
6. What relationship does Liesel have with the book "The Whistler"?
7. What is "The Word Shaker"?
8. What does the LSE do during the war?
9. What fear does Rosa have if Max were to die?
10. What happens when Frau Hermann finally confronts Liesel about stealing from her library?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)