|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following items is NOT something Frau Hermann leaves on her windowsill for Liesel to collect?
(a) Liesel's shoes.
(b) A note.
(c) A thesaurus.
(d) A dictionary.
2. Why are men trolling the neighborhood where Liesel lives during her soccer game?
(a) They are handing out pamphlets about the Nazi party.
(b) They are collecting donations to benefit the Hitler Youth organization.
(c) They are searching for hidden Jews.
(d) They are inspecting basements that may be converted into bomb shelters.
3. What does Rudy ask Liesel for after he rescues her book from the river?
(a) An apple.
(c) A gun.
(d) A kiss.
4. How do Rudy's parents feel when the Nazi party offers Rudy a full scholarship to one of their training schools?
(a) They are unsure about whether or not the school is a good fit for Rudy.
(b) They don't want him to go.
(c) They are honored.
(d) They are confused.
5. How do Rudy and Liesel break into the mayor's house?
(a) Through an unlocked door.
(b) Through the servant's entrance.
(c) Through the wine cellar.
(d) Through the window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Hitler Youth leader use to cut Rudy's hair in the middle of the street?
2. How does Hans learn that he has been accepted in the Nazi party?
3. Where is Michael Holtzapfel's body found?
4. What title does Max give to his journal before skipping town?
5. What does Rosa shout at Liesel for, signaling to her that Max has awoken from his coma?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Hans punished for giving the starving Jew a piece of bread?
2. What happens when Viktor Chemmel steals the book Liesel is reading?
3. Why does Hans suddenly begin working again during the summer of 1942?
4. How does Liesel come to own a Dictionary and Thesaurus?
5. Why does Liesel bring snow into the basement during winter?
6. What does the LSE do during the war?
7. What dream does Max regularly have involving Hitler?
8. How does the Hitler Youth Organization leader treat Rudy when he sees him on the street outside the church?
9. Why does Liesel angrily shout at Frau Hermann in the library of her house?
10. What fear does Rosa have if Max were to die?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)