|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many gifts does Liesel bring to Max in total during his time of sickness?
2. After Hans is drafted to the war, what sound does Liesel hear at night that wakes her from sleep?
(a) A woman weeping.
(b) The wind howling.
(c) Bombs exploding.
(d) An accordion.
3. What does Rosa shout at Liesel for, signaling to her that Max has awoken from his coma?
(a) For tracking mud through the kitchen.
(b) For using her hairbrush.
(c) For forgetting to hang up the laundry.
(d) For leaving the milk out to spoil.
4. How many races does Rudy sign up for during the Hitler Youth carnival?
5. What job does Hans take upon returning home from the war?
(a) A police job.
(b) He is unemployed.
(c) A desk job.
(d) A teaching job.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what weapon are both Hans and the starving prisoner beaten by the guard?
2. How does Hans react to the news that he is going to be drafted to the war?
3. During what month of the year does Liesel resume playing soccer with her neighborhood friends?
4. What does Rudy ask Liesel for after he rescues her book from the river?
5. What punishment does Hans receive for helping the starving Jew from the parade?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Liesel bring snow into the basement during winter?
2. What happens when Rudy sees an airplane go down outside the bomb shelter?
3. How does the Hitler Youth Organization leader treat Rudy when he sees him on the street outside the church?
4. What happens when Liesel sees Max being marched through town with a Jewish prisoner parade?
5. What fear does Rosa have if Max were to die?
6. How is Hans punished for giving the starving Jew a piece of bread?
7. How does Hans narrowly avoid death during the second World War?
8. Why does Liesel angrily shout at Frau Hermann in the library of her house?
9. Why does Frau Holtzapfel suddenly stop going to the bomb shelter during air raid drills?
10. What does the LSE do during the war?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)