|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Rudy give the shopkeeper when he is caught stealing apples from the market?
(a) That his family is starving.
(b) That he is actually a misguided prince.
(c) That this is all a big misunderstanding.
(d) That he forgot his wallet.
2. How does the disgruntled card player die?
(a) In a car accident.
(b) By a sniper shot.
(c) By a roadside bomb.
(d) From a heart attack.
3. What does Rudy ask Liesel for after he rescues her book from the river?
(a) An apple.
(c) A gun.
(d) A kiss.
4. How many races does Rudy WIN during the Hitler Youth carnival?
5. How does Liesel describe the alcoholic drink she sips with Hans?
Short Answer Questions
1. During what month of the year does Max collapse in the basement?
2. What does Frau Holtzapfel offer to trade Liesel in exchange for reading sessions?
3. How does Frau Hermann react when she realizes that Liesel is stealing from her?
4. Who saves Liesel from being beaten to death by the German soldier guarding Max?
5. What does Rudy give to the dying pilot in the hopes of comforting him during death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Hubermann family react during the first air raid drill of the year?
2. How is Hans punished for giving the starving Jew a piece of bread?
3. What happens when Viktor Chemmel steals the book Liesel is reading?
4. How does Rudy perform at the summer Hitler Youth carnival?
5. What dream does Max regularly have involving Hitler?
6. What is "The Word Shaker"?
7. How does Liesel save Max from being discovered when the men are trolling the neighborhood inspecting basements?
8. What relationship does Liesel have with the book "The Whistler"?
9. What secret code do Liesel and Rosa concoct to communicate about Max in public?
10. Why does Liesel bring snow into the basement during winter?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)