|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what German city is Hans stationed during the war?
2. How does the disgruntled card player die?
(a) By a roadside bomb.
(b) By a sniper shot.
(c) From a heart attack.
(d) In a car accident.
3. What does Liesel accidentally leave behind in the mayor's house while she is robbing him?
(a) Her jacket.
(b) Her gloves.
(c) Her hat.
(d) Her shoes.
4. According to Frau Hermann, who owns the library in her house?
(a) Her husband does.
(b) God does.
(c) She does.
(d) Hitler does.
5. How does Rudy feel after the Nazi physical?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rudy most terrified of seeing him fail?
2. What does the disgruntled card player steal from Hans after their game?
3. Which of the following items is NOT something Liesel gives to Max hoping it will heal him from his sickness?
4. Why does Rudy pack a toolbox?
5. Which of the following characters does NOT try to bully Frau Holtzapfel into the air raid shelter when she refuses to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Michael Holtzapfel die?
2. What happens when Liesel sees Max being marched through town with a Jewish prisoner parade?
3. What secret code do Liesel and Rosa concoct to communicate about Max in public?
4. How does Rudy react to the physical he is forced to undergo at the Nazi school?
5. What is "The Word Shaker"?
6. How does Rudy perform at the summer Hitler Youth carnival?
7. How is Hans punished for giving the starving Jew a piece of bread?
8. Why do two men from the Nazi party suddenly show up at Rudy's home to speak with his parents?
9. How does Hans narrowly avoid death during the second World War?
10. Why does Hans suddenly begin working again during the summer of 1942?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)