|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which German city is Max captured?
2. When the disgruntled card player dies, what part of Hans' body is broken?
(a) His leg.
(b) His arm.
(c) His nose.
(d) His neck.
3. Who is the first character to see the fire in the distance upon emerging from the air raid shelter?
4. Which of the following characters is drafted to the war at the same time as Hans?
(a) Max Vandenberg.
(b) Hans Jr.
(c) Rudy Steiner.
(d) Herr Steiner.
5. What is Hans' major responsibility during the war?
(a) Administering medical aid.
(b) Putting out fires.
(c) Feeding the troops.
(d) Mapping enemy movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does the Hitler Youth leader ask Rudy on the street before beating him in front of his friends?
2. How does Hans learn that he has been accepted in the Nazi party?
3. Which of the following units is Hans assigned to in the war?
4. How does Frau Hermann react when she realizes that Liesel is stealing from her?
5. Who does Liesel continue to search for during the prisoner parades through town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Frau Hermann finally confronts Liesel about stealing from her library?
2. What fear does Rosa have if Max were to die?
3. What relationship does Liesel have with the book "The Whistler"?
4. How is Hans punished for giving the starving Jew a piece of bread?
5. Why does Frau Holtzapfel suddenly stop going to the bomb shelter during air raid drills?
6. What secret code do Liesel and Rosa concoct to communicate about Max in public?
7. What is "The Word Shaker"?
8. What does the LSE do during the war?
9. Why do two men from the Nazi party suddenly show up at Rudy's home to speak with his parents?
10. How does the Hubermann family react during the first air raid drill of the year?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)