|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rudy give to the dying pilot in the hopes of comforting him during death?
(a) A hug.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A teddy bear.
2. During what month of the year does Max collapse in the basement?
3. In what German city is Hans stationed during the war?
4. How does Frau Hermann react when she realizes that Liesel is stealing from her?
(a) She is angered.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is saddened.
5. Which of the following items is NOT something Liesel gives to Max hoping it will heal him from his sickness?
(a) A description of a cloud.
(b) A soccer ball.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A feather.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their only Christmas together, what does Liesel give to Rudy as a gift?
2. In which Russian city did Frau Holzapfel's son die?
3. Who breaks the news to Frau Holtzapfel that her son has died?
4. Who saves Liesel from being beaten to death by the German soldier guarding Max?
5. Who is the first character to see the fire in the distance upon emerging from the air raid shelter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What dream does Max regularly have involving Hitler?
2. How does Liesel save Max from being discovered when the men are trolling the neighborhood inspecting basements?
3. What fear does Rosa have if Max were to die?
4. Why do two men from the Nazi party suddenly show up at Rudy's home to speak with his parents?
5. How does Rudy react to the physical he is forced to undergo at the Nazi school?
6. Why is Max forced to leave the Hubermann house?
7. Why does Frau Holtzapfel suddenly stop going to the bomb shelter during air raid drills?
8. Why does Liesel bring snow into the basement during winter?
9. What happens when Viktor Chemmel steals the book Liesel is reading?
10. How does the Hubermann family react during the first air raid drill of the year?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)