|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their only Christmas together, what does Liesel give to Rudy as a gift?
(a) A suit.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A teddy bear.
(d) A ring.
2. Which of the following items is NOT something Frau Hermann leaves on her windowsill for Liesel to collect?
(a) A thesaurus.
(b) Liesel's shoes.
(c) A note.
(d) A dictionary.
3. During what year do the air raids begin in Munich?
4. Who is the first character to see the fire in the distance upon emerging from the air raid shelter?
5. Who does Liesel continue to search for during the prisoner parades through town?
(a) The prisoner Hans tried to help.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does NOT try to bully Frau Holtzapfel into the air raid shelter when she refuses to go?
2. In which Russian city did Frau Holzapfel's son die?
3. Which of the following actions does Hans cease doing once he arrives on the war front?
4. How many races does Rudy sign up for during the Hitler Youth carnival?
5. What does Liesel bring into Max's room on Christmas Eve?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Liesel save Max from being discovered when the men are trolling the neighborhood inspecting basements?
2. How is Hans punished for giving the starving Jew a piece of bread?
3. Why do two men from the Nazi party suddenly show up at Rudy's home to speak with his parents?
4. How does the Hubermann family react during the first air raid drill of the year?
5. How is Hans paid for the work he does during the summer of 1942?
6. What happens when Rudy sees an airplane go down outside the bomb shelter?
7. What happens when Frau Hermann finally confronts Liesel about stealing from her library?
8. Why is Max forced to leave the Hubermann house?
9. What fear does Rosa have if Max were to die?
10. Why does Liesel angrily shout at Frau Hermann in the library of her house?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)