|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what year do the air raids begin in Munich?
2. Why are men trolling the neighborhood where Liesel lives during her soccer game?
(a) They are handing out pamphlets about the Nazi party.
(b) They are collecting donations to benefit the Hitler Youth organization.
(c) They are searching for hidden Jews.
(d) They are inspecting basements that may be converted into bomb shelters.
3. What is the title of the book Liesel steals from Frau Hermann's library while Max is sick?
(a) The Gravedigger's Handbook.
(b) The Shoulder Shrug.
(c) The Whistler.
(d) The Dream Catcher.
4. In which Russian city did Frau Holzapfel's son die?
5. What does Liesel attempt to do with Max when she sees him being paraded through town?
Short Answer Questions
1. What alcoholic beverage is Hans paid in, which he allows Liesel to drink with him?
2. What card game does Hans regularly play with his troops?
3. How does the disgruntled card player die?
4. Which of the following units is Hans assigned to in the war?
5. What does the disgruntled card player steal from Hans after their game?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rudy perform at the summer Hitler Youth carnival?
2. How does Hans narrowly avoid death during the second World War?
3. How is Hans punished for giving the starving Jew a piece of bread?
4. How does Liesel come to own a Dictionary and Thesaurus?
5. How does Rudy react to the physical he is forced to undergo at the Nazi school?
6. How is Hans paid for the work he does during the summer of 1942?
7. Why does Liesel angrily shout at Frau Hermann in the library of her house?
8. What happens when Frau Hermann finally confronts Liesel about stealing from her library?
9. What relationship does Liesel have with the book "The Whistler"?
10. How does Michael Holtzapfel die?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)