|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What confession does Rudy make to Liesel when they run away from home together?
(a) That he does not miss his father.
(b) That he is in love with her.
(c) That he cries himself to sleep at night.
(d) That he hates Hitler.
2. Who saves Liesel from being beaten to death by the German soldier guarding Max?
(a) Frau Hermann.
3. What ethnicity is the pilot whose plane has crashed near the river?
4. How do Rudy and Liesel break into the mayor's house?
(a) Through the window.
(b) Through the wine cellar.
(c) Through an unlocked door.
(d) Through the servant's entrance.
5. Which of the following actions does Hans cease doing once he arrives on the war front?
(c) Writing letters home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does the Hitler Youth leader ask Rudy on the street before beating him in front of his friends?
2. What does Liesel bring into Max's room on Christmas Eve?
3. What food item does Liesel find on Frau Hermann's desk around Christmas time?
4. How many races does Rudy sign up for during the Hitler Youth carnival?
5. Which of the following characters does NOT get up in the middle of the night during the air raid sirens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Liesel bring snow into the basement during winter?
2. How does Liesel come to own a Dictionary and Thesaurus?
3. What happens when Viktor Chemmel steals the book Liesel is reading?
4. How is Hans paid for the work he does during the summer of 1942?
5. What happens when Liesel sees Max being marched through town with a Jewish prisoner parade?
6. Why is Max forced to leave the Hubermann house?
7. What secret code do Liesel and Rosa concoct to communicate about Max in public?
8. How does the Hubermann family react during the first air raid drill of the year?
9. How does Liesel save Max from being discovered when the men are trolling the neighborhood inspecting basements?
10. How does Michael Holtzapfel die?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)