|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their only Christmas together, what does Liesel give to Rudy as a gift?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A ring.
(c) A suit.
(d) A teddy bear.
2. In what German city is Hans stationed during the war?
3. When the disgruntled card player dies, what part of Hans' body is broken?
(a) His leg.
(b) His arm.
(c) His nose.
(d) His neck.
4. Who saves Liesel from being beaten to death by the German soldier guarding Max?
(a) Frau Hermann.
5. How does Michael Holtzapfel die?
(a) His mother smothers him.
(b) He commits suicide.
(c) He drowns in the river.
(d) He has a heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Liesel manage to warn Max about the men trolling the neighborhood, who may discover him?
2. How many races does Rudy WIN during the Hitler Youth carnival?
3. Which of the following characters does NOT try to bully Frau Holtzapfel into the air raid shelter when she refuses to go?
4. How does Hans learn that he has been accepted in the Nazi party?
5. What card game does Hans regularly play with his troops?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Hans paid for the work he does during the summer of 1942?
2. How does Liesel save Max from being discovered when the men are trolling the neighborhood inspecting basements?
3. How does Hans narrowly avoid death during the second World War?
4. Why does Liesel bring snow into the basement during winter?
5. Why is Max forced to leave the Hubermann house?
6. What happens when Viktor Chemmel steals the book Liesel is reading?
7. What happens when Rudy sees an airplane go down outside the bomb shelter?
8. What does the LSE do during the war?
9. Why do two men from the Nazi party suddenly show up at Rudy's home to speak with his parents?
10. Why does Hans suddenly begin working again during the summer of 1942?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)