|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What card game does Hans regularly play with his troops?
2. What does Liesel bring into Max's room on Christmas Eve?
(a) A feast.
3. What ethnicity is the pilot whose plane has crashed near the river?
4. After their raid with Viktor Chemmel, how many apples are Liesel and Rudy given as payment?
(a) Five apples each.
(b) Twenty apples each.
(c) One apple each.
(d) Ten apples each.
5. What food item does Liesel find on Frau Hermann's desk around Christmas time?
(a) Christmas cookies.
(b) Cherry pie.
(c) Fruit cake.
(d) Chocolate muffins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rudy pack a toolbox?
2. What does Frau Holtzapfel offer to trade Liesel in exchange for reading sessions?
3. How does the disgruntled card player die?
4. How does Liesel describe the alcoholic drink she sips with Hans?
5. How do Rudy's parents feel when the Nazi party offers Rudy a full scholarship to one of their training schools?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Frau Hermann finally confronts Liesel about stealing from her library?
2. Why does Liesel bring snow into the basement during winter?
3. How does Michael Holtzapfel die?
4. What secret code do Liesel and Rosa concoct to communicate about Max in public?
5. What happens when Viktor Chemmel steals the book Liesel is reading?
6. How does Rudy react to the physical he is forced to undergo at the Nazi school?
7. How does the Hitler Youth Organization leader treat Rudy when he sees him on the street outside the church?
8. How is Hans punished for giving the starving Jew a piece of bread?
9. How does Rudy perform at the summer Hitler Youth carnival?
10. Why does Frau Holtzapfel suddenly stop going to the bomb shelter during air raid drills?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)