|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the reader know Liesel's brother is sick?
(a) He is moaning.
(b) He is coughing.
(c) He is sneezing.
(d) He is sweating.
2. When Rudy is punished in Hitler Youth camp, what is he made to do?
(d) Jumping jacks.
3. To which German city is Liesel being relocated by the foster care system?
4. How does Liesel react when Frau Hermann offers a book to her as a gift?
(a) She is confused by the offer.
(b) She graciously accepts it.
(c) She refuses it.
(d) She ignores the offer completely.
5. What book does the mysterious young man take on the train with him while traveling cross country?
(a) Mein Kampf.
(b) The Quran.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Moby Dick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following mysterious characters is described as living in the dark shadows of Stuttgart?
2. What book does Liesel read over and over in Frau Hermann's library?
3. What ethnicity was Erik Vandenberg?
4. Which of the following things does Liesel describe for Max using the most colorful language she can think of?
5. When the mysterious character living in the shadows is brought food and keys, which character is the mystery character urged to locate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rudy Steiner express his admiration for Jesse Owens?
2. How does Max escape from Stuttgard after the war breaks out?
3. Whose name is written on the inside covers of the books kept in Frau Hermann's library?
4. What are Liesel's first impressions of Rosa and Hans Hubermann?
5. Why was Hans Hubermann asked to stay behind while the rest of his troop was sent in to battle in France during WWI?
6. How does Liesel react when she realizes the mayor's wife saw her steal the book from the bonfire?
7. How did Erik Vandenberg's widow respond when Hans Hubermann came knocking at her door?
8. How do the citizens of Molching decide to celebrate the birthday of the Fueher?
9. How does Liesel celebrate her first Christmas with Hans and Rosa?
10. How is the mysterious young man in Stuttgart described when the reader sees him for the first time?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)