|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Viktor Chemmel compare to the last gang leader Liesel worked with?
(a) Viktor is much kinder.
(b) Viktor is much more fair.
(c) Viktor is more violent.
(d) Viktor is much crueler.
2. To which of the following institutions is the Fuehrer most closely tied?
3. Which of the following tools does Max use to keep records of his emotions in the journal?
(a) A pencil.
(c) An inkpen.
4. Which of the following acts does Max request from Liesel?
(a) A sponge bath.
(b) A manicure.
(c) A shave.
(d) A haircut.
5. Which of the following books does Hans Jr. think is the most valuable book ever written?
(a) The Gravedigger's Handbook.
(b) Mein Kampf.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Shoulder Shrug.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following political parties does Liesel think her mother belonged to?
2. Which of the following mysterious characters is described as living in the dark shadows of Stuttgart?
3. What does Liesel shout to Frau Hermann when the Frau fires Rosa from her laundry service?
4. What does Rudy's father, Herr Steiner, do for a living?
5. Which of the following adjectives does Liesel use to describe Frau Hermann during the summer she spends reading with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the LSE do during the war?
2. How do the citizens of Molching decide to celebrate the birthday of the Fueher?
3. How is Hans punished for giving the starving Jew a piece of bread?
4. Where does Rosa get the idea to send Liesel on all of her sales calls for the laundry business?
5. Where does Liesel stay when she can no longer stay with the Hubermanns?
6. What are Liesel's first impressions of Rosa and Hans Hubermann?
7. How does Michael Holtzapfel die?
8. Why was Hans Hubermann asked to stay behind while the rest of his troop was sent in to battle in France during WWI?
9. How does Hans treat Liesel during the first few weeks she is at his home?
10. Where do Hans and Rosa hide Max in their house?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)