|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Max in hiding before being moved to Hans Hubermann's house?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Six years.
(c) Six days.
(d) Six months.
2. What did Hans give to Erik Vandenberg's widow with the hopes of being able to help her family one day?
(a) His address.
(b) His social security card.
(c) His photograph.
(d) His phone number.
3. Who sees Liesel steal the book from the bonfire?
(a) Adolf Hitler.
(c) The mayor's wife.
(d) Hans. Jr.
4. Why doesn't Viktor Chemmel like or respect Liesel?
(a) Because of her weight.
(b) Because of her religion.
(c) Because of her gender.
(d) Because of her race.
5. How does Liesel react when Frau Hermann offers a book to her as a gift?
(a) She is confused by the offer.
(b) She ignores the offer completely.
(c) She refuses it.
(d) She graciously accepts it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Liesel feel about the scheduled book burning?
2. What does Liesel clean off the door frame every day, left by Frau Hollapfel?
3. Where was Hans Hubermann stationed when he fought in WWI?
4. What inanimate object does Max credit with saving his life?
5. Why does Liesel struggle in school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Hans and Rosa hide Max in their house?
2. How do Liesel and Rudy manage to steal a food basket from a church?
3. What objects are given to the mysterious young man in Stuttgart to help him escape the city?
4. Where does Rosa get the idea to send Liesel on all of her sales calls for the laundry business?
5. How is the mysterious young man in Stuttgart described when the reader sees him for the first time?
6. How does Liesel react when she realizes the mayor's wife saw her steal the book from the bonfire?
7. What does Max give to Liesel on her birthday?
8. How does Max escape from Stuttgard after the war breaks out?
9. Why is Liesel in a train at the opening of the novel?
10. When Frau Hermann invites LIesel inside her house, what does she show the young girl?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)