Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rudy is punished in Hitler Youth camp, what is he made to do?
(c) Jumping jacks.
2. Which of the following tools does Max use to keep records of his emotions in the journal?
(a) An inkpen.
(b) A pencil.
3. What is the name of the street where Liesel lives with the Hubermann family?
(a) Mimmel Street.
(b) Fimmel Street.
(c) Himmel Street.
(d) Gimmel Street.
4. What does Liesel clean off the door frame every day, left by Frau Hollapfel?
(c) Chicken feathers.
(d) Newspaper clippings.
5. Which of the following activities does Hans Hubermann convince Liesel to do after she has been in the house for a few weeks?
(a) Eat porridge.
(b) Take a bath.
(c) Change her clothes.
(d) Walk the dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Liesel react when Frau Hermann offers a book to her as a gift?
2. What book does the mysterious young man take on the train with him while traveling cross country?
3. From where does the shadow witness Liesel stealing a book from the bonfire?
4. What is the BDM?
5. When the mysterious character living in the shadows is brought food and keys, which character is the mystery character urged to locate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Max forced to leave the Hubermann house?
2. Why does Hans suddenly begin working again during the summer of 1942?
3. What happens to Liesel's younger brother while he is on the train at the opening of the novel?
4. Where does Liesel stay when she can no longer stay with the Hubermanns?
5. Why is Liesel in a train at the opening of the novel?
6. How does Liesel die?
7. What is "The Word Shaker"?
8. How do the Hubermann and Steiner families stretch the food they have during the recession so no one goes hungry?
9. How do Hans and Rosa react when Liesel asks for permission to write letters home to her mother?
10. Why does Liesel angrily shout at Frau Hermann in the library of her house?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)