|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hans react when he finds out Liesel stole a book from the bonfire?
(a) He never finds out.
(b) He understands why she stole it and does not punish her.
(c) He beats her.
(d) He forces her to go back and return it.
2. How long is Max in hiding before being moved to Hans Hubermann's house?
(a) Six days.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six years.
(d) Six months.
3. When Rudy is punished in Hitler Youth camp, what is he made to do?
(a) Jumping jacks.
4. What inanimate object does Max credit with saving his life?
(a) A pocket watch.
(b) A wooden spoon.
(c) A book.
(d) A tennis shoe.
5. Where was Hans Hubermann stationed when he fought in WWI?
Short Answer Questions
1. What event does the city stage in celebration of the Fuehrer's birthday?
2. How long do Liesel and Rudy work with the gang leader before he moves away?
3. From where does the shadow witness Liesel stealing a book from the bonfire?
4. Which of the following acts does Max request from Liesel?
5. Who is the narrator of this novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Liesel celebrate her first Christmas with Hans and Rosa?
2. What chores is Liesel expected to complete around the house while she is living with Hans and Rosa?
3. How do the citizens of Molching decide to celebrate the birthday of the Fueher?
4. Whose name is written on the inside covers of the books kept in Frau Hermann's library?
5. How did Erik Vandenberg's widow respond when Hans Hubermann came knocking at her door?
6. How do the Hubermann and Steiner families stretch the food they have during the recession so no one goes hungry?
7. How does Liesel fare during her first few weeks of school in Munich?
8. How does Liesel manage to get a hold of a copy of the book "The Shoulder Shrug"?
9. Where do Hans and Rosa hide Max in their house?
10. What reaction does Liesel have when she overhears someone use the word "Communist" at the bonfire?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)