|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does the mysterious young man take on the train with him while traveling cross country?
(a) The Quran.
(b) Mein Kampf.
(c) Moby Dick.
(d) The Bible.
2. What book does Liesel read over and over in Frau Hermann's library?
(a) The Sleeper.
(b) The Banker.
(c) The Dancer.
(d) The Whistler.
3. What is the name of the street where Liesel lives with the Hubermann family?
(a) Gimmel Street.
(b) Himmel Street.
(c) Fimmel Street.
(d) Mimmel Street.
4. Which nation does Max dream will eventually rise up and beat Hitler to the ground?
5. To which of the following institutions is the Fuehrer most closely tied?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Hans credit with saving his life during WWI?
2. What inanimate object does Max credit with saving his life?
3. Upon arriving safely to the Hubermann household, how long does Max sleep, uninterrupted?
4. Who sees Liesel steal the book from the bonfire?
5. What does Rudy's father, Herr Steiner, do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Max greeted by the Hubermann family when he arrives on their doorstep?
2. Who was Erik Vandenberg?
3. What chores is Liesel expected to complete around the house while she is living with Hans and Rosa?
4. Whose name is written on the inside covers of the books kept in Frau Hermann's library?
5. What does Max give to Liesel on her birthday?
6. How was Max Vandenberg treated by his schoolmates as a child?
7. Why is Liesel in a train at the opening of the novel?
8. Where does Rosa get the idea to send Liesel on all of her sales calls for the laundry business?
9. What objects are given to the mysterious young man in Stuttgart to help him escape the city?
10. How does Max escape from Stuttgard after the war breaks out?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)