|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the BDM?
(a) Hitler's Youth Organization.
(b) Girl Scouts.
(c) Band of German Girls.
(d) Cooking Club.
2. What does Rudy's father, Herr Steiner, do for a living?
(a) He is an actor.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a taxi driver.
(d) He is a tailor.
3. Who is the narrator of this novel?
4. How many armed guards escort Liesel when she helps to bury her dead brother?
5. How many soldiers survived the battle Hans Hubermann sat out during WWI?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which nation does Max dream will eventually rise up and beat Hitler to the ground?
2. How does LIesel feel after her outburst against Frau Hermann?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Rosa Hubermann?
4. Upon arriving safely to the Hubermann household, how long does Max sleep, uninterrupted?
5. How did Erik Vandenberg's widow react when Hans brought her husband's instrument home to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hans treat Liesel during the first few weeks she is at his home?
2. Why do two men from the Nazi party suddenly show up at Rudy's home to speak with his parents?
3. How do Liesel and Rudy manage to steal a food basket from a church?
4. How is Hans punished for giving the starving Jew a piece of bread?
5. What gift does Frau Hermann give to Liesel after the stealing has stopped?
6. How did Erik Vandenberg's widow respond when Hans Hubermann came knocking at her door?
7. How does Liesel die?
8. What does the LSE do during the war?
9. What happens to Liesel's younger brother while he is on the train at the opening of the novel?
10. How does the Hitler Youth Organization leader treat Rudy when he sees him on the street outside the church?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)