Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Liesel clean off the door frame every day, left by Frau Hollapfel?
(b) Newspaper clippings.
(c) Chicken feathers.
2. What book does the mysterious young man take on the train with him while traveling cross country?
(a) Mein Kampf.
(b) The Quran.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Moby Dick.
3. To which German city is Liesel being relocated by the foster care system?
4. Which of the following characters teaches Liesel how to read?
5. Upon arriving safely to the Hubermann household, how long does Max sleep, uninterrupted?
(a) Five days.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Nine days.
(d) Three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the BDM?
2. Which of the following adjectives does Liesel use to describe Frau Hermann during the summer she spends reading with her?
3. What does Liesel shout to Frau Hermann when the Frau fires Rosa from her laundry service?
4. Which of the following political parties does Liesel think her mother belonged to?
5. What type of fruit do Rudy and Liesel steal from local farmers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Liesel manage to get a hold of a copy of the book "The Shoulder Shrug"?
2. What happens when Rudy sees an airplane go down outside the bomb shelter?
3. How was Max Vandenberg treated by his schoolmates as a child?
4. How does Rudy Steiner express his admiration for Jesse Owens?
5. How does Hans treat Liesel during the first few weeks she is at his home?
6. Why was Hans Hubermann asked to stay behind while the rest of his troop was sent in to battle in France during WWI?
7. How does the Hitler Youth Organization leader treat Rudy when he sees him on the street outside the church?
8. How does Max escape from Stuttgard after the war breaks out?
9. Who is Frau Diller?
10. Why does Hans suddenly begin working again during the summer of 1942?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)