|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following mysterious characters is described as living in the dark shadows of Stuttgart?
(a) A young woman.
(b) An old man.
(c) A young man.
(d) An old woman.
2. How does Viktor Chemmel compare to the last gang leader Liesel worked with?
(a) Viktor is more violent.
(b) Viktor is much more fair.
(c) Viktor is much crueler.
(d) Viktor is much kinder.
3. Which book does Liesel spend all of her time reading during her first summer with the Hubermann family?
(a) The Leg Cramp.
(b) The Shoulder Shrug.
(c) The Stomach Ache.
(d) The Nose Twitch.
4. Who is the narrator of this novel?
5. As a child, who saved Max from the Gestapo when they were removing Jews from the neighborhood?
(a) Tommy Mullins.
(b) Walter Kugler.
(c) Liesel Memimger.
(d) Rudy Steiner
Short Answer Questions
1. What event does the city stage in celebration of the Fuehrer's birthday?
2. At which holiday does Liesel finish reading "The Gravedigger's Handbook"?
3. How many armed guards escort Liesel when she helps to bury her dead brother?
4. How does Liesel react when she sees Frau Hermann's library?
5. Which nation does Max dream will eventually rise up and beat Hitler to the ground?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Erik Vandenberg's widow respond when Hans Hubermann came knocking at her door?
2. Where do Hans and Rosa hide Max in their house?
3. How is the mysterious young man in Stuttgart described when the reader sees him for the first time?
4. Whose name is written on the inside covers of the books kept in Frau Hermann's library?
5. What chores is Liesel expected to complete around the house while she is living with Hans and Rosa?
6. How does Hans treat Liesel during the first few weeks she is at his home?
7. How do the Hubermann and Steiner families stretch the food they have during the recession so no one goes hungry?
8. Who was Erik Vandenberg?
9. Where does Rosa get the idea to send Liesel on all of her sales calls for the laundry business?
10. How is Max greeted by the Hubermann family when he arrives on their doorstep?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)