|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Outside of which building do Rudy and Liesel ice the sidewalk so they can steal a basket of food?
(a) The school.
(b) The church.
(c) The market.
(d) The apple farm.
2. Why does Liesel struggle in school?
(a) Because she cannot read.
(b) Because she cannot spell.
(c) Because she cannot do math.
(d) Because she has no friends.
3. What does Liesel shout to Frau Hermann when the Frau fires Rosa from her laundry service?
(a) That the Frau is pathetic.
(b) That the Frau is a traitor.
(c) That the Frau is fat.
(d) That the Frau is ugly.
4. Who is the narrator of this novel?
5. How many soldiers survived the battle Hans Hubermann sat out during WWI?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Liesel steal money from Rosa?
2. Which of the following acts does Max request from Liesel?
3. What object does Liesel regularly fish out of the trash bins to bring home to Max?
4. At which holiday does Liesel finish reading "The Gravedigger's Handbook"?
5. Where was Hans Hubermann stationed when he fought in WWI?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Max give to Liesel on her birthday?
2. How does Hans treat Liesel during the first few weeks she is at his home?
3. Why is Liesel in a train at the opening of the novel?
4. How does Max escape from Stuttgard after the war breaks out?
5. When Frau Hermann invites LIesel inside her house, what does she show the young girl?
6. Who was Erik Vandenberg?
7. How is the mysterious young man in Stuttgart described when the reader sees him for the first time?
8. How does Liesel fare during her first few weeks of school in Munich?
9. What objects are given to the mysterious young man in Stuttgart to help him escape the city?
10. How do Hans and Rosa react when Liesel asks for permission to write letters home to her mother?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)