|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do Liesel and Rudy work with the gang leader before he moves away?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three days.
2. How does Liesel react when she sees Frau Hermann's library?
(a) She is overwhelmed.
(b) She is disgusted.
(c) She is saddened.
(d) She is outraged.
3. Which nation does Max dream will eventually rise up and beat Hitler to the ground?
4. Who did Hans credit with saving his life during WWI?
(a) Max Vandenberg.
(b) Erik Vandenberg.
(c) Adolf Hitler.
5. Which of the following tools does Max use to keep records of his emotions in the journal?
(b) An inkpen.
(d) A pencil.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does the shadow witness Liesel stealing a book from the bonfire?
2. Who places Liesel Meminger in foster care?
3. What sport does Liesel regularly play with the neighborhood kids?
4. What does Hans Hubermann do for a living?
5. When the mysterious character living in the shadows is brought food and keys, which character is the mystery character urged to locate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the mysterious young man in Stuttgart described when the reader sees him for the first time?
2. What does Max give to Liesel on her birthday?
3. How does Liesel manage to get a hold of a copy of the book "The Shoulder Shrug"?
4. How do Hans and Rosa react when Liesel asks for permission to write letters home to her mother?
5. Where does Rosa get the idea to send Liesel on all of her sales calls for the laundry business?
6. How does Hans treat Liesel during the first few weeks she is at his home?
7. Who is Frau Diller?
8. What are Liesel's first impressions of Rosa and Hans Hubermann?
9. Why is Liesel in a train at the opening of the novel?
10. How does Max escape from Stuttgard after the war breaks out?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)