|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters teaches Liesel how to read?
2. Upon arriving safely to the Hubermann household, how long does Max sleep, uninterrupted?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Nine days.
3. What sport does Liesel regularly play with the neighborhood kids?
4. How does Liesel react when she sees Frau Hermann's library?
(a) She is disgusted.
(b) She is overwhelmed.
(c) She is saddened.
(d) She is outraged.
5. To which German city is Liesel being relocated by the foster care system?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following things does Liesel describe for Max using the most colorful language she can think of?
2. Which sport does Max regularly dream he is participating in with Adolf Hitler?
3. What does Liesel clean off the door frame every day, left by Frau Hollapfel?
4. What inanimate object does Max credit with saving his life?
5. What does Rudy's father, Herr Steiner, do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Hans and Rosa react when Liesel asks for permission to write letters home to her mother?
2. How do the citizens of Molching decide to celebrate the birthday of the Fueher?
3. Who was Erik Vandenberg?
4. How does Liesel react when she realizes the mayor's wife saw her steal the book from the bonfire?
5. How do the Hubermann and Steiner families stretch the food they have during the recession so no one goes hungry?
6. How does Liesel fare during her first few weeks of school in Munich?
7. Who is Frau Diller?
8. What chores is Liesel expected to complete around the house while she is living with Hans and Rosa?
9. What happens to Liesel's younger brother while he is on the train at the opening of the novel?
10. Why is Liesel in a train at the opening of the novel?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)