|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Viktor Chemmel like or respect Liesel?
(a) Because of her weight.
(b) Because of her gender.
(c) Because of her religion.
(d) Because of her race.
2. What event does the city stage in celebration of the Fuehrer's birthday?
(a) A bonfire.
(b) A carnival.
(c) A feast.
(d) They ignore the birthday completely.
3. Who is the narrator of this novel?
4. Which of the following instruments does Hans Hubermann play?
5. How many armed guards escort Liesel when she helps to bury her dead brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following activities do Rudy and Liesel spend the summer doing?
2. Where did Max Vandenberg grow up?
3. Why is Rosa fired by various customers while Liesel is learning how to read?
4. At which holiday does Liesel finish reading "The Gravedigger's Handbook"?
5. How does Liesel react when she sees Frau Hermann's library?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Erik Vandenberg's widow respond when Hans Hubermann came knocking at her door?
2. Why is the relationship between Hans and Hans Jr. strained?
3. How does Rudy Steiner express his admiration for Jesse Owens?
4. How does Max escape from Stuttgard after the war breaks out?
5. How do the Hubermann and Steiner families stretch the food they have during the recession so no one goes hungry?
6. How was Max Vandenberg treated by his schoolmates as a child?
7. How does Liesel react when she realizes the mayor's wife saw her steal the book from the bonfire?
8. How do the citizens of Molching decide to celebrate the birthday of the Fueher?
9. How does Hans treat Liesel during the first few weeks she is at his home?
10. What objects are given to the mysterious young man in Stuttgart to help him escape the city?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)