|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following political parties does Liesel think her mother belonged to?
2. As a child, who saved Max from the Gestapo when they were removing Jews from the neighborhood?
(a) Liesel Memimger.
(b) Rudy Steiner
(c) Tommy Mullins.
(d) Walter Kugler.
3. Where was Hans Hubermann stationed when he fought in WWI?
4. How long is Max in hiding before being moved to Hans Hubermann's house?
(a) Six years.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six days.
(d) Six months.
5. How many soldiers survived the battle Hans Hubermann sat out during WWI?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters teaches Liesel how to read?
2. Outside of which building do Rudy and Liesel ice the sidewalk so they can steal a basket of food?
3. How does Liesel react when Frau Hermann offers a book to her as a gift?
4. Which of the following activities does Hans Hubermann convince Liesel to do after she has been in the house for a few weeks?
5. What does Hans Hubermann do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Frau Diller?
2. How does Rudy Steiner express his admiration for Jesse Owens?
3. What happens to Liesel's younger brother while he is on the train at the opening of the novel?
4. Why was Hans Hubermann asked to stay behind while the rest of his troop was sent in to battle in France during WWI?
5. How did Erik Vandenberg's widow respond when Hans Hubermann came knocking at her door?
6. How does Liesel fare during her first few weeks of school in Munich?
7. When Frau Hermann invites LIesel inside her house, what does she show the young girl?
8. Where do Hans and Rosa hide Max in their house?
9. How was Max Vandenberg treated by his schoolmates as a child?
10. Why is Liesel in a train at the opening of the novel?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)