|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a child, who saved Max from the Gestapo when they were removing Jews from the neighborhood?
(a) Rudy Steiner
(b) Walter Kugler.
(c) Tommy Mullins.
(d) Liesel Memimger.
2. What does Rudy's father, Herr Steiner, do for a living?
(a) He is an actor.
(b) He is a tailor.
(c) He is a taxi driver.
(d) He is a doctor.
3. Which of the following activities does Hans Hubermann convince Liesel to do after she has been in the house for a few weeks?
(a) Take a bath.
(b) Eat porridge.
(c) Change her clothes.
(d) Walk the dogs.
4. Which of the following ailments afflicts Tommy Muller?
(a) He is lame.
(b) He is mute.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He is blind.
5. What book does Liesel read over and over in Frau Hermann's library?
(a) The Sleeper.
(b) The Whistler.
(c) The Banker.
(d) The Dancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following political parties does Liesel think her mother belonged to?
2. What does Max give to Liesel for her birthday?
3. How does Liesel react when Frau Hermann offers a book to her as a gift?
4. How long do Liesel and Rudy work with the gang leader before he moves away?
5. Who places Liesel Meminger in foster care?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Liesel celebrate her first Christmas with Hans and Rosa?
2. What reaction does Liesel have when she overhears someone use the word "Communist" at the bonfire?
3. How is the mysterious young man in Stuttgart described when the reader sees him for the first time?
4. How do Hans and Rosa react when Liesel asks for permission to write letters home to her mother?
5. How does Rudy Steiner express his admiration for Jesse Owens?
6. Why was Hans Hubermann asked to stay behind while the rest of his troop was sent in to battle in France during WWI?
7. What does Max give to Liesel on her birthday?
8. What chores is Liesel expected to complete around the house while she is living with Hans and Rosa?
9. Why is the relationship between Hans and Hans Jr. strained?
10. How does Liesel react when she realizes the mayor's wife saw her steal the book from the bonfire?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)