|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following emotions does Max feel comfortable expressing only in his journal?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Rosa Hubermann?
3. At which holiday does Liesel finish reading "The Gravedigger's Handbook"?
(d) Independence Day.
4. What does Liesel shout to Frau Hermann when the Frau fires Rosa from her laundry service?
(a) That the Frau is a traitor.
(b) That the Frau is pathetic.
(c) That the Frau is ugly.
(d) That the Frau is fat.
5. Which of Frau Hermann's relatives dies, leaving her deeply depressed?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Outside of which building do Rudy and Liesel ice the sidewalk so they can steal a basket of food?
2. Which of the following characters stands up for Tommy Muller when he is being abused?
3. Which book does Liesel spend all of her time reading during her first summer with the Hubermann family?
4. What is the BDM?
5. How does Viktor Chemmel compare to the last gang leader Liesel worked with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Max greeted by the Hubermann family when he arrives on their doorstep?
2. Why is Liesel in a train at the opening of the novel?
3. What happens when Frau Hermann finally confronts Liesel about stealing from her library?
4. What does Max give to Liesel on her birthday?
5. Where do Hans and Rosa hide Max in their house?
6. Why is the relationship between Hans and Hans Jr. strained?
7. Why does Frau Holtzapfel suddenly stop going to the bomb shelter during air raid drills?
8. How does Hans narrowly avoid death during the second World War?
9. Where does Rosa get the idea to send Liesel on all of her sales calls for the laundry business?
10. How do Liesel and Rudy manage to steal a food basket from a church?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)