|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following customers is Liesel so afraid of that she skips over her house whenever possible?
(a) Frau Hollapfel.
(b) Frau Hansel.
(c) Frau Hubermann.
(d) Frau Hermann.
2. At which holiday does Liesel finish reading "The Gravedigger's Handbook"?
(a) Independence Day.
3. Which book does Liesel spend all of her time reading during her first summer with the Hubermann family?
(a) The Leg Cramp.
(b) The Stomach Ache.
(c) The Nose Twitch.
(d) The Shoulder Shrug.
4. How does Viktor Chemmel compare to the last gang leader Liesel worked with?
(a) Viktor is more violent.
(b) Viktor is much more fair.
(c) Viktor is much crueler.
(d) Viktor is much kinder.
5. What does Rosa do for a living?
(a) She is a factory worker.
(b) She is a laundress.
(c) She is a midwife.
(d) She is a seamstress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ethnicity was Erik Vandenberg?
2. What object does Liesel regularly fish out of the trash bins to bring home to Max?
3. How does Liesel react when she catches a glimpse into Max's journal?
4. When the mysterious character living in the shadows is brought food and keys, which character is the mystery character urged to locate?
5. How does Liesel feel about the scheduled book burning?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Liesel manage to get a hold of a copy of the book "The Shoulder Shrug"?
2. How do the Hubermann and Steiner families stretch the food they have during the recession so no one goes hungry?
3. How do Hans and Rosa react when Liesel asks for permission to write letters home to her mother?
4. What are Liesel's first impressions of Rosa and Hans Hubermann?
5. Why is the relationship between Hans and Hans Jr. strained?
6. How is the mysterious young man in Stuttgart described when the reader sees him for the first time?
7. How does Liesel fare during her first few weeks of school in Munich?
8. How does Hans treat Liesel during the first few weeks she is at his home?
9. How does Max escape from Stuttgard after the war breaks out?
10. How do the citizens of Molching decide to celebrate the birthday of the Fueher?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)