|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the reader know Liesel's brother is sick?
(a) He is moaning.
(b) He is sweating.
(c) He is coughing.
(d) He is sneezing.
2. How long do Liesel and Rudy work with the gang leader before he moves away?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three weeks.
3. How does Liesel react when Frau Hermann offers a book to her as a gift?
(a) She ignores the offer completely.
(b) She graciously accepts it.
(c) She refuses it.
(d) She is confused by the offer.
4. What sport does Liesel regularly play with the neighborhood kids?
5. Which of the following tools does Max use to keep records of his emotions in the journal?
(b) A pencil.
(d) An inkpen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Liesel struggle in school?
2. How does Liesel react when she sees Frau Hermann's library?
3. How does the mysterious young man get into the Hubermann household?
4. Which of the following characters teaches Liesel how to read?
5. From where does the shadow witness Liesel stealing a book from the bonfire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Rosa get the idea to send Liesel on all of her sales calls for the laundry business?
2. How did Erik Vandenberg's widow respond when Hans Hubermann came knocking at her door?
3. How does Hans treat Liesel during the first few weeks she is at his home?
4. Whose name is written on the inside covers of the books kept in Frau Hermann's library?
5. How do Hans and Rosa react when Liesel asks for permission to write letters home to her mother?
6. How is Max greeted by the Hubermann family when he arrives on their doorstep?
7. What does Max give to Liesel on her birthday?
8. How was Max Vandenberg treated by his schoolmates as a child?
9. How do the citizens of Molching decide to celebrate the birthday of the Fueher?
10. Who is Frau Diller?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)