|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following ailments afflicts Tommy Muller?
(a) He is deaf.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is lame.
(d) He is mute.
2. What is the BDM?
(a) Girl Scouts.
(b) Hitler's Youth Organization.
(c) Cooking Club.
(d) Band of German Girls.
3. Which nation does Max dream will eventually rise up and beat Hitler to the ground?
4. What instrument did Erik Vandenberg play?
(a) The accordian.
(b) The harmonica.
(c) The banjo.
(d) The bagpipes.
5. How does Rosa react when she realizes Liesel is stealing from her?
(a) Rosa beats her.
(b) Rosa forgives her.
(c) Rosa ignores her.
(d) Rosa makes her scrub the floor with a toothbrush.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liesel shout to Frau Hermann when the Frau fires Rosa from her laundry service?
2. Which of the following sports is Rudy most interested in?
3. What does Rudy use to darken his body in the hopes of emulating Jesse Owens?
4. Who is the narrator of this novel?
5. Which of the following books does Hans Jr. think is the most valuable book ever written?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Frau Hermann finally confronts Liesel about stealing from her library?
2. How is Hans punished for giving the starving Jew a piece of bread?
3. What dream does Max regularly have involving Hitler?
4. How does Hans narrowly avoid death during the second World War?
5. How do the citizens of Molching decide to celebrate the birthday of the Fueher?
6. How does Liesel save Max from being discovered when the men are trolling the neighborhood inspecting basements?
7. Why does Liesel angrily shout at Frau Hermann in the library of her house?
8. What happens on the tenth night of Liesel's writing?
9. Why do two men from the Nazi party suddenly show up at Rudy's home to speak with his parents?
10. Why is Liesel in a train at the opening of the novel?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)