|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which sport does Max regularly dream he is participating in with Adolf Hitler?
2. Which of the following acts does Max request from Liesel?
(a) A sponge bath.
(b) A manicure.
(c) A haircut.
(d) A shave.
3. Outside of which building do Rudy and Liesel ice the sidewalk so they can steal a basket of food?
(a) The apple farm.
(b) The school.
(c) The church.
(d) The market.
4. Which of the following political parties does Liesel think her mother belonged to?
5. When the mysterious character living in the shadows is brought food and keys, which character is the mystery character urged to locate?
(a) Hans Hubermann.
(b) Rudy Steiner.
(c) Max Vandenberg.
(d) Liesel Meminger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following customers is Liesel so afraid of that she skips over her house whenever possible?
2. At which holiday does Liesel finish reading "The Gravedigger's Handbook"?
3. How does Rosa feel about Liesel writing letters to her mother?
4. Why doesn't Viktor Chemmel like or respect Liesel?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Rosa Hubermann?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Max greeted by the Hubermann family when he arrives on their doorstep?
2. How did Erik Vandenberg's widow respond when Hans Hubermann came knocking at her door?
3. What happens to Liesel's younger brother while he is on the train at the opening of the novel?
4. How was Max Vandenberg treated by his schoolmates as a child?
5. What are Liesel's first impressions of Rosa and Hans Hubermann?
6. What does Max give to Liesel on her birthday?
7. Who was Erik Vandenberg?
8. Why is the relationship between Hans and Hans Jr. strained?
9. How do Hans and Rosa react when Liesel asks for permission to write letters home to her mother?
10. How do Liesel and Rudy manage to steal a food basket from a church?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)