|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food item does Liesel find on Frau Hermann's desk around Christmas time?
(a) Fruit cake.
(b) Christmas cookies.
(c) Cherry pie.
(d) Chocolate muffins.
2. What color do Hans' neighbors ask him to paint their windows?
3. Which of the following characters is drafted to the war at the same time as Hans?
(a) Rudy Steiner.
(b) Herr Steiner.
(c) Hans Jr.
(d) Max Vandenberg.
4. During what year do the air raids begin in Munich?
5. What does Rudy give to the dying pilot in the hopes of comforting him during death?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A hug.
(c) A teddy bear.
(d) A Bible.
6. Which of the following food items does Liesel leave around town in case the Jewish prisoners get hungry?
7. Who is the first character to see the fire in the distance upon emerging from the air raid shelter?
8. What does Rosa shout at Liesel for, signaling to her that Max has awoken from his coma?
(a) For using her hairbrush.
(b) For tracking mud through the kitchen.
(c) For forgetting to hang up the laundry.
(d) For leaving the milk out to spoil.
9. After Hans is drafted to the war, what sound does Liesel hear at night that wakes her from sleep?
(a) A woman weeping.
(b) The wind howling.
(c) Bombs exploding.
(d) An accordion.
10. To which concentration camp is the starving prisoner being relocated?
11. What does Liesel attempt to do with Max when she sees him being paraded through town?
12. In which German city is Max captured?
13. Which of the following items is NOT something Liesel gives to Max hoping it will heal him from his sickness?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) A description of a cloud.
(c) A soccer ball.
(d) A feather.
14. Which of the following characters does NOT try to bully Frau Holtzapfel into the air raid shelter when she refuses to go?
15. How does Frau Hermann react when she realizes that Liesel is stealing from her?
(a) She is angered.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is saddened.
(d) She is apathetic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who breaks the news to Frau Holtzapfel that her son has died?
2. What is Hans' major responsibility during the war?
3. How does Liesel manage to warn Max about the men trolling the neighborhood, who may discover him?
4. Which of the following units is Hans assigned to in the war?
5. Which of the following characters is NOT in the room with Rudy when he has to strip naked for the Nazi physical?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)