|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rudy give to the dying pilot in the hopes of comforting him during death?
(a) A teddy bear.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A hug.
(d) A blanket.
2. In which German city is Max captured?
3. When the disgruntled card player dies, what part of Hans' body is broken?
(a) His leg.
(b) His neck.
(c) His nose.
(d) His arm.
4. How many gifts does Liesel bring to Max in total during his time of sickness?
5. What does Liesel attempt to do with Max when she sees him being paraded through town?
6. Who is Rudy most terrified of seeing him fail?
(a) His Hitler Youth division leader.
(b) Adolf Hitler.
(c) His parents.
7. Which of the following items is NOT something Liesel gives to Max hoping it will heal him from his sickness?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) A soccer ball.
(c) A feather.
(d) A description of a cloud.
8. How does the disgruntled card player die?
(a) By a sniper shot.
(b) By a roadside bomb.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) From a heart attack.
9. What does Hans offer to the starving Jewish soldier he sees being marched through the streets?
(a) An apple.
10. During what month of the year does Liesel resume playing soccer with her neighborhood friends?
11. What does Liesel accidentally leave behind in the mayor's house while she is robbing him?
(a) Her hat.
(b) Her jacket.
(c) Her gloves.
(d) Her shoes.
12. Where are Liesel and her family expected to hide out during the air raid drills?
(a) In their own basement.
(b) In their neighbor's basement.
(c) In the local swimming pool.
(d) In the church basement.
13. Which of the following actions does Hans cease doing once he arrives on the war front?
(a) Writing letters home.
14. How do Rudy and Liesel break into the mayor's house?
(a) Through the servant's entrance.
(b) Through the window.
(c) Through the wine cellar.
(d) Through an unlocked door.
15. With what weapon are both Hans and the starving prisoner beaten by the guard?
(a) A rope.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A stone.
(d) A whip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does NOT try to bully Frau Holtzapfel into the air raid shelter when she refuses to go?
2. What question does the Hitler Youth leader ask Rudy on the street before beating him in front of his friends?
3. According to Frau Hermann, who owns the library in her house?
4. What does Liesel steal from the mayor's house the first time she breaks in?
5. What title does Max give to his journal before skipping town?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)