|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Rudy and Liesel break into the mayor's house?
(a) Through the servant's entrance.
(b) Through the window.
(c) Through an unlocked door.
(d) Through the wine cellar.
2. How many gifts does Liesel bring to Max in total during his time of sickness?
3. Why are men trolling the neighborhood where Liesel lives during her soccer game?
(a) They are handing out pamphlets about the Nazi party.
(b) They are collecting donations to benefit the Hitler Youth organization.
(c) They are inspecting basements that may be converted into bomb shelters.
(d) They are searching for hidden Jews.
4. What food item does Liesel find on Frau Hermann's desk around Christmas time?
(a) Fruit cake.
(b) Christmas cookies.
(c) Cherry pie.
(d) Chocolate muffins.
5. What confession does Rudy make to Liesel when they run away from home together?
(a) That he cries himself to sleep at night.
(b) That he does not miss his father.
(c) That he is in love with her.
(d) That he hates Hitler.
6. Which of the following actions does Hans cease doing once he arrives on the war front?
(c) Writing letters home.
7. What does Liesel steal from the mayor's house the first time she breaks in?
(a) Lacy underwear.
(b) Petty cash.
(d) A book.
8. What alcoholic beverage is Hans paid in, which he allows Liesel to drink with him?
9. What ethnicity is the pilot whose plane has crashed near the river?
10. Which of the following units is Hans assigned to in the war?
11. Who is Rudy most terrified of seeing him fail?
(a) Adolf Hitler.
(b) His Hitler Youth division leader.
(d) His parents.
12. To which concentration camp is the starving prisoner being relocated?
13. What does Rosa shout at Liesel for, signaling to her that Max has awoken from his coma?
(a) For forgetting to hang up the laundry.
(b) For leaving the milk out to spoil.
(c) For using her hairbrush.
(d) For tracking mud through the kitchen.
14. Which of the following items is NOT something Frau Hermann leaves on her windowsill for Liesel to collect?
(a) A dictionary.
(b) A thesaurus.
(c) Liesel's shoes.
(d) A note.
15. Who does Liesel continue to search for during the prisoner parades through town?
(a) Her mother.
(d) The prisoner Hans tried to help.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items is NOT something Liesel gives to Max hoping it will heal him from his sickness?
2. Which of the following characters does NOT try to bully Frau Holtzapfel into the air raid shelter when she refuses to go?
3. What does Hans offer to the starving Jewish soldier he sees being marched through the streets?
4. How does Frau Hermann react when she realizes that Liesel is stealing from her?
5. What does Rudy give to the dying pilot in the hopes of comforting him during death?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)