|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of her belongings does Liesel bring into the bomb shelter with her during air raids?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) Her books.
(c) Her dresses.
(d) Her dolls.
2. What is Hans' major responsibility during the war?
(a) Feeding the troops.
(b) Administering medical aid.
(c) Putting out fires.
(d) Mapping enemy movement.
3. According to Max's dreams, what is Liesel meant to shake in opposition to Hitler?
(c) Her hips.
(d) Church pillars.
4. Where are Liesel and her family expected to hide out during the air raid drills?
(a) In their neighbor's basement.
(b) In their own basement.
(c) In the church basement.
(d) In the local swimming pool.
5. How many races does Rudy WIN during the Hitler Youth carnival?
6. How does Frau Hermann react when she realizes that Liesel is stealing from her?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is saddened.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is angered.
7. What job does Hans take upon returning home from the war?
(a) A desk job.
(b) A teaching job.
(c) A police job.
(d) He is unemployed.
8. In what month of the year does Hans return home from the war?
9. What food item does Liesel find on Frau Hermann's desk around Christmas time?
(a) Christmas cookies.
(b) Fruit cake.
(c) Chocolate muffins.
(d) Cherry pie.
10. According to Frau Hermann, who owns the library in her house?
(a) She does.
(b) Hitler does.
(c) God does.
(d) Her husband does.
11. How does Hans learn that he has been accepted in the Nazi party?
(a) Nazi soldiers knock on his door.
(b) A letter arrives.
(c) He gets a phone call.
(d) A sign is posted in town.
12. What does Liesel steal from the mayor's house the first time she breaks in?
(a) Petty cash.
(b) A book.
(d) Lacy underwear.
13. Which of the following adjectives does Liesel use to describe the process of mixing paint?
14. What punishment does Hans receive for helping the starving Jew from the parade?
(a) He is not punished.
(b) He is sent to jail for six weeks.
(c) He is beaten.
(d) He is fined.
15. What question does the Hitler Youth leader ask Rudy on the street before beating him in front of his friends?
(a) Where did Hitler go to college?
(b) Where was Hitler born?
(c) What is Hitler's favorite food?
(d) What is Hitler's middle name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Liesel continue to search for during the prisoner parades through town?
2. During what month of the year does Liesel resume playing soccer with her neighborhood friends?
3. What does Frau Holtzapfel offer to trade Liesel in exchange for reading sessions?
4. Who saves Liesel from being beaten to death by the German soldier guarding Max?
5. Which of the following characters is NOT in the room with Rudy when he has to strip naked for the Nazi physical?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)