|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Max's dreams, what is Liesel meant to shake in opposition to Hitler?
(a) Church pillars.
(d) Her hips.
2. How many races does Rudy WIN during the Hitler Youth carnival?
3. What title does Max give to his journal before skipping town?
(a) The Word Shaker.
(b) The Book Thief.
(c) The Standover Man.
(d) The Dream Carrier.
4. Why does Rudy pack a toolbox?
(a) To join the war effort.
(b) To run away with Liesel.
(c) To break into houses.
(d) To fix his father's car.
5. What card game does Hans regularly play with his troops?
6. What punishment does Hans receive for helping the starving Jew from the parade?
(a) He is fined.
(b) He is not punished.
(c) He is sent to jail for six weeks.
(d) He is beaten.
7. Which of the following characters is NOT in the room with Rudy when he has to strip naked for the Nazi physical?
(a) A school official.
(b) A doctor and nurse.
(c) Two other boys being examined.
(d) His father.
8. Which of the following characters is drafted to the war at the same time as Hans?
(a) Hans Jr.
(b) Max Vandenberg.
(c) Rudy Steiner.
(d) Herr Steiner.
9. What does Liesel steal from the mayor's house the first time she breaks in?
(a) A book.
(b) Lacy underwear.
(c) Petty cash.
10. Who does Liesel continue to search for during the prisoner parades through town?
(b) Her mother.
(d) The prisoner Hans tried to help.
11. To which concentration camp is the starving prisoner being relocated?
12. What is Hans' major responsibility during the war?
(a) Mapping enemy movement.
(b) Feeding the troops.
(c) Administering medical aid.
(d) Putting out fires.
13. Who is the first character to see the fire in the distance upon emerging from the air raid shelter?
14. What job does Hans take upon returning home from the war?
(a) A police job.
(b) A desk job.
(c) A teaching job.
(d) He is unemployed.
15. During what year do the air raids begin in Munich?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosa shout at Liesel for, signaling to her that Max has awoken from his coma?
2. When the disgruntled card player dies, what part of Hans' body is broken?
3. During what month of the year does Frau Holtzapfel's son come home from the war?
4. What does the Hitler Youth leader use to cut Rudy's hair in the middle of the street?
5. How does Liesel manage to warn Max about the men trolling the neighborhood, who may discover him?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)