Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what month of the year does Max collapse in the basement?
2. How does Hans react to the news that he is going to be drafted to the war?
(a) He tries to run away from home.
(b) He begins to pray.
(c) He gets drunk.
(d) He stoically accepts his fate.
3. What excuse does Rudy give the shopkeeper when he is caught stealing apples from the market?
(a) That this is all a big misunderstanding.
(b) That he is actually a misguided prince.
(c) That his family is starving.
(d) That he forgot his wallet.
4. What does Rosa shout at Liesel for, signaling to her that Max has awoken from his coma?
(a) For tracking mud through the kitchen.
(b) For using her hairbrush.
(c) For forgetting to hang up the laundry.
(d) For leaving the milk out to spoil.
5. What does the disgruntled card player steal from Hans after their game?
(a) His seat in the car.
(b) His photos of Rosa.
(c) His food ration card.
(d) His letters from Liesel.
6. What does Liesel bring into Max's room on Christmas Eve?
(a) A feast.
7. Why is the Nazi party interested in giving Rudy a full scholarship to their school?
(a) Because of his outbursts against Hitler.
(b) Because of his athletic prowess.
(c) Because of his race.
(d) Because of his academic achievements.
8. How do Rudy's parents feel when the Nazi party offers Rudy a full scholarship to one of their training schools?
(a) They don't want him to go.
(b) They are honored.
(c) They are confused.
(d) They are unsure about whether or not the school is a good fit for Rudy.
9. Which of the following items is NOT something Frau Hermann leaves on her windowsill for Liesel to collect?
(a) A dictionary.
(b) A note.
(c) A thesaurus.
(d) Liesel's shoes.
10. What punishment does Hans receive for helping the starving Jew from the parade?
(a) He is not punished.
(b) He is fined.
(c) He is beaten.
(d) He is sent to jail for six weeks.
11. What does Liesel attempt to do with Max when she sees him being paraded through town?
12. How long has Max been hiding in the basement before he sees the sky?
(a) Six months.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Four years.
13. After Hans is drafted to the war, what sound does Liesel hear at night that wakes her from sleep?
(a) An accordion.
(b) The wind howling.
(c) A woman weeping.
(d) Bombs exploding.
14. What card game does Hans regularly play with his troops?
15. After their raid with Viktor Chemmel, how many apples are Liesel and Rudy given as payment?
(a) Ten apples each.
(b) Twenty apples each.
(c) Five apples each.
(d) One apple each.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Max's dreams, what is Liesel meant to shake in opposition to Hitler?
2. According to Frau Hermann, who owns the library in her house?
3. Which of the following characters is NOT in the room with Rudy when he has to strip naked for the Nazi physical?
4. During what month of the year does Frau Holtzapfel's son come home from the war?
5. Which of her belongings does Liesel bring into the bomb shelter with her during air raids?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)