|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After their raid with Viktor Chemmel, how many apples are Liesel and Rudy given as payment?
(a) One apple each.
(b) Five apples each.
(c) Ten apples each.
(d) Twenty apples each.
2. How do Rudy's parents feel when the Nazi party offers Rudy a full scholarship to one of their training schools?
(a) They don't want him to go.
(b) They are unsure about whether or not the school is a good fit for Rudy.
(c) They are confused.
(d) They are honored.
3. What question does the Hitler Youth leader ask Rudy on the street before beating him in front of his friends?
(a) What is Hitler's middle name?
(b) Where was Hitler born?
(c) What is Hitler's favorite food?
(d) Where did Hitler go to college?
4. In which Russian city did Frau Holzapfel's son die?
5. Why does Rudy pack a toolbox?
(a) To break into houses.
(b) To run away with Liesel.
(c) To join the war effort.
(d) To fix his father's car.
6. What does the disgruntled card player steal from Hans after their game?
(a) His seat in the car.
(b) His photos of Rosa.
(c) His letters from Liesel.
(d) His food ration card.
7. What does Rudy hear when he eavesdrops on the conversation between the Nazi party and his parents?
(a) That his father is being drafted into the military.
(b) Rudy does not eavesdrop on the conversation.
(c) That Hitler has been assassinated.
(d) That his mother is going to jail.
8. What confession does Rudy make to Liesel when they run away from home together?
(a) That he is in love with her.
(b) That he cries himself to sleep at night.
(c) That he does not miss his father.
(d) That he hates Hitler.
9. What excuse does Rudy give the shopkeeper when he is caught stealing apples from the market?
(a) That he forgot his wallet.
(b) That he is actually a misguided prince.
(c) That this is all a big misunderstanding.
(d) That his family is starving.
10. Which of the following items is NOT something Frau Hermann leaves on her windowsill for Liesel to collect?
(a) A dictionary.
(b) Liesel's shoes.
(c) A note.
(d) A thesaurus.
11. When the disgruntled card player dies, what part of Hans' body is broken?
(a) His nose.
(b) His arm.
(c) His neck.
(d) His leg.
12. Which of the following characters is NOT in the room with Rudy when he has to strip naked for the Nazi physical?
(a) Two other boys being examined.
(b) His father.
(c) A school official.
(d) A doctor and nurse.
13. According to Max's dreams, what is Liesel meant to shake in opposition to Hitler?
(a) Her hips.
(b) Church pillars.
14. What card game does Hans regularly play with his troops?
15. Why is the Nazi party interested in giving Rudy a full scholarship to their school?
(a) Because of his outbursts against Hitler.
(b) Because of his academic achievements.
(c) Because of his race.
(d) Because of his athletic prowess.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what month of the year does Frau Holtzapfel's son come home from the war?
2. What does Rudy give to the dying pilot in the hopes of comforting him during death?
3. What does Hans offer to the starving Jewish soldier he sees being marched through the streets?
4. What does Rosa shout at Liesel for, signaling to her that Max has awoken from his coma?
5. How do Rudy and Liesel break into the mayor's house?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)