|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frau Holtzapfel offer to trade Liesel in exchange for reading sessions?
2. What does the disgruntled card player steal from Hans after their game?
(a) His letters from Liesel.
(b) His food ration card.
(c) His photos of Rosa.
(d) His seat in the car.
3. What does Liesel steal from the mayor's house the first time she breaks in?
(a) A book.
(b) Lacy underwear.
(c) Petty cash.
4. What excuse does Rudy give the shopkeeper when he is caught stealing apples from the market?
(a) That he forgot his wallet.
(b) That this is all a big misunderstanding.
(c) That his family is starving.
(d) That he is actually a misguided prince.
5. During what year do the air raids begin in Munich?
6. What ethnicity is the pilot whose plane has crashed near the river?
7. How does Rudy feel after the Nazi physical?
8. During what month of the year does Max collapse in the basement?
9. According to Max's dreams, what is Liesel meant to shake in opposition to Hitler?
(a) Church pillars.
(c) Her hips.
10. What confession does Rudy make to Liesel when they run away from home together?
(a) That he is in love with her.
(b) That he cries himself to sleep at night.
(c) That he does not miss his father.
(d) That he hates Hitler.
11. How do Rudy's parents feel when the Nazi party offers Rudy a full scholarship to one of their training schools?
(a) They are confused.
(b) They don't want him to go.
(c) They are honored.
(d) They are unsure about whether or not the school is a good fit for Rudy.
12. What does Liesel accidentally leave behind in the mayor's house while she is robbing him?
(a) Her hat.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) Her gloves.
(d) Her jacket.
13. Where is Michael Holtzapfel's body found?
(a) His body is never found.
(b) At the local cemetery.
(c) In a shop.
(d) By the riverbed.
14. Why does Rudy pack a toolbox?
(a) To break into houses.
(b) To fix his father's car.
(c) To join the war effort.
(d) To run away with Liesel.
15. How does Frau Hermann react when she realizes that Liesel is stealing from her?
(a) She is saddened.
(b) She is angered.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is apathetic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hans offer to the starving Jewish soldier he sees being marched through the streets?
2. Which of the following food items does Liesel leave around town in case the Jewish prisoners get hungry?
3. Why is the Nazi party interested in giving Rudy a full scholarship to their school?
4. Which of the following units is Hans assigned to in the war?
5. How does the disgruntled card player die?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)