|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosa shout at Liesel for, signaling to her that Max has awoken from his coma?
(a) For tracking mud through the kitchen.
(b) For leaving the milk out to spoil.
(c) For using her hairbrush.
(d) For forgetting to hang up the laundry.
2. In which German city is Max captured?
3. Which of the following adjectives does Liesel use to describe the process of mixing paint?
4. What job does Hans take upon returning home from the war?
(a) A desk job.
(b) A teaching job.
(c) A police job.
(d) He is unemployed.
5. What alcoholic beverage is Hans paid in, which he allows Liesel to drink with him?
6. In what German city is Hans stationed during the war?
7. How do Rudy and Liesel break into the mayor's house?
(a) Through an unlocked door.
(b) Through the window.
(c) Through the wine cellar.
(d) Through the servant's entrance.
8. Where are Liesel and her family expected to hide out during the air raid drills?
(a) In their neighbor's basement.
(b) In the church basement.
(c) In their own basement.
(d) In the local swimming pool.
9. When the disgruntled card player dies, what part of Hans' body is broken?
(a) His arm.
(b) His nose.
(c) His leg.
(d) His neck.
10. What does Liesel steal from the mayor's house the first time she breaks in?
(a) A book.
(b) Petty cash.
(d) Lacy underwear.
11. How does the disgruntled card player die?
(a) In a car accident.
(b) By a roadside bomb.
(c) By a sniper shot.
(d) From a heart attack.
12. During their only Christmas together, what does Liesel give to Rudy as a gift?
(a) A teddy bear.
(b) A ring.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A suit.
13. During what month of the year does Liesel resume playing soccer with her neighborhood friends?
14. To which concentration camp is the starving prisoner being relocated?
15. What confession does Rudy make to Liesel when they run away from home together?
(a) That he is in love with her.
(b) That he cries himself to sleep at night.
(c) That he does not miss his father.
(d) That he hates Hitler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ethnicity is the pilot whose plane has crashed near the river?
2. What excuse does Rudy give the shopkeeper when he is caught stealing apples from the market?
3. How many gifts does Liesel bring to Max in total during his time of sickness?
4. What does Rudy hear when he eavesdrops on the conversation between the Nazi party and his parents?
5. Which of the following characters does NOT try to bully Frau Holtzapfel into the air raid shelter when she refuses to go?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)