|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what month of the year does Liesel resume playing soccer with her neighborhood friends?
2. Who does Michael write a letter to shortly before his death?
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
3. What does the disgruntled card player steal from Hans after their game?
(a) His food ration card.
(b) His photos of Rosa.
(c) His letters from Liesel.
(d) His seat in the car.
4. What card game does Hans regularly play with his troops?
5. How does Rudy feel after the Nazi physical?
6. How does Hans learn that he has been accepted in the Nazi party?
(a) He gets a phone call.
(b) Nazi soldiers knock on his door.
(c) A letter arrives.
(d) A sign is posted in town.
7. What excuse does Rudy give the shopkeeper when he is caught stealing apples from the market?
(a) That his family is starving.
(b) That this is all a big misunderstanding.
(c) That he is actually a misguided prince.
(d) That he forgot his wallet.
8. What question does the Hitler Youth leader ask Rudy on the street before beating him in front of his friends?
(a) Where did Hitler go to college?
(b) Where was Hitler born?
(c) What is Hitler's middle name?
(d) What is Hitler's favorite food?
9. What does Liesel bring into Max's room on Christmas Eve?
(c) A feast.
10. How does Liesel describe the alcoholic drink she sips with Hans?
11. What does Rudy hear when he eavesdrops on the conversation between the Nazi party and his parents?
(a) That Hitler has been assassinated.
(b) That his father is being drafted into the military.
(c) Rudy does not eavesdrop on the conversation.
(d) That his mother is going to jail.
12. What ethnicity is the pilot whose plane has crashed near the river?
13. What does Rudy ask Liesel for after he rescues her book from the river?
(a) A gun.
(b) A kiss.
(d) An apple.
14. Which of the following characters does NOT get up in the middle of the night during the air raid sirens?
15. With what weapon are both Hans and the starving prisoner beaten by the guard?
(a) A stone.
(b) A rope.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A whip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of her belongings does Liesel bring into the bomb shelter with her during air raids?
2. What title does Max give to his journal before skipping town?
3. What does Hans offer to the starving Jewish soldier he sees being marched through the streets?
4. To which concentration camp is the starving prisoner being relocated?
5. During what month of the year does Max collapse in the basement?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)