|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what German city is Hans stationed during the war?
2. What is Hans' major responsibility during the war?
(a) Administering medical aid.
(b) Putting out fires.
(c) Feeding the troops.
(d) Mapping enemy movement.
3. What does Rudy give to the dying pilot in the hopes of comforting him during death?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A teddy bear.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A hug.
4. In which Russian city did Frau Holzapfel's son die?
5. Which of the following food items does Liesel leave around town in case the Jewish prisoners get hungry?
6. Who saves Liesel from being beaten to death by the German soldier guarding Max?
(c) Frau Hermann.
7. What does the Hitler Youth leader use to cut Rudy's hair in the middle of the street?
(a) A pocket knife.
(b) A pair of scissors.
(c) A broken glass.
(d) A switchblade.
8. What punishment does Hans receive for helping the starving Jew from the parade?
(a) He is beaten.
(b) He is sent to jail for six weeks.
(c) He is not punished.
(d) He is fined.
9. What excuse does Rudy give the shopkeeper when he is caught stealing apples from the market?
(a) That this is all a big misunderstanding.
(b) That his family is starving.
(c) That he forgot his wallet.
(d) That he is actually a misguided prince.
10. What does Hans offer to the starving Jewish soldier he sees being marched through the streets?
(b) An apple.
11. Who breaks the news to Frau Holtzapfel that her son has died?
12. What does Rudy hear when he eavesdrops on the conversation between the Nazi party and his parents?
(a) That his mother is going to jail.
(b) That Hitler has been assassinated.
(c) Rudy does not eavesdrop on the conversation.
(d) That his father is being drafted into the military.
13. To which concentration camp is the starving prisoner being relocated?
14. Why does Rudy pack a toolbox?
(a) To run away with Liesel.
(b) To join the war effort.
(c) To fix his father's car.
(d) To break into houses.
15. Which of the following characters does NOT get up in the middle of the night during the air raid sirens?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is drafted to the war at the same time as Hans?
2. Who does Michael write a letter to shortly before his death?
3. Which of the following items is NOT something Frau Hermann leaves on her windowsill for Liesel to collect?
4. Who does Liesel continue to search for during the prisoner parades through town?
5. What does Liesel bring into Max's room on Christmas Eve?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)