|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hans offer to the starving Jewish soldier he sees being marched through the streets?
(d) An apple.
2. What food item does Liesel find on Frau Hermann's desk around Christmas time?
(a) Fruit cake.
(b) Chocolate muffins.
(c) Cherry pie.
(d) Christmas cookies.
3. When the disgruntled card player dies, what part of Hans' body is broken?
(a) His leg.
(b) His arm.
(c) His nose.
(d) His neck.
4. Who breaks the news to Frau Holtzapfel that her son has died?
5. What does Rudy give to the dying pilot in the hopes of comforting him during death?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A teddy bear.
(c) A hug.
(d) A blanket.
6. How does Rudy feel after the Nazi physical?
7. What excuse does Rudy give the shopkeeper when he is caught stealing apples from the market?
(a) That this is all a big misunderstanding.
(b) That his family is starving.
(c) That he forgot his wallet.
(d) That he is actually a misguided prince.
8. What question does the Hitler Youth leader ask Rudy on the street before beating him in front of his friends?
(a) What is Hitler's favorite food?
(b) Where did Hitler go to college?
(c) Where was Hitler born?
(d) What is Hitler's middle name?
9. After their raid with Viktor Chemmel, how many apples are Liesel and Rudy given as payment?
(a) Twenty apples each.
(b) Five apples each.
(c) One apple each.
(d) Ten apples each.
10. After Hans is drafted to the war, what sound does Liesel hear at night that wakes her from sleep?
(a) A woman weeping.
(b) An accordion.
(c) Bombs exploding.
(d) The wind howling.
11. How does Frau Hermann react when she realizes that Liesel is stealing from her?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is saddened.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is angered.
12. What alcoholic beverage is Hans paid in, which he allows Liesel to drink with him?
13. Which of the following characters does NOT get up in the middle of the night during the air raid sirens?
14. How does Liesel describe the alcoholic drink she sips with Hans?
15. How does Liesel manage to warn Max about the men trolling the neighborhood, who may discover him?
(a) She shouts to him using their secret code for danger.
(b) She warns Hans, who hurries home to hide Max.
(c) She fakes an injury and runs home.
(d) She does not warn Max, and he is discovered.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hans learn that he has been accepted in the Nazi party?
2. In which Russian city did Frau Holzapfel's son die?
3. How long has Max been hiding in the basement before he sees the sky?
4. How many races does Rudy WIN during the Hitler Youth carnival?
5. What card game does Hans regularly play with his troops?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)