|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hans' major responsibility during the war?
(a) Feeding the troops.
(b) Administering medical aid.
(c) Mapping enemy movement.
(d) Putting out fires.
2. Which of her belongings does Liesel bring into the bomb shelter with her during air raids?
(a) Her books.
(b) Her dolls.
(c) Her dresses.
(d) Her shoes.
3. During what month of the year does Frau Holtzapfel's son come home from the war?
4. During what month of the year does Max collapse in the basement?
5. In what month of the year does Hans return home from the war?
6. What excuse does Rudy give the shopkeeper when he is caught stealing apples from the market?
(a) That he is actually a misguided prince.
(b) That this is all a big misunderstanding.
(c) That he forgot his wallet.
(d) That his family is starving.
7. In which German city is Max captured?
8. How does Liesel manage to warn Max about the men trolling the neighborhood, who may discover him?
(a) She warns Hans, who hurries home to hide Max.
(b) She shouts to him using their secret code for danger.
(c) She does not warn Max, and he is discovered.
(d) She fakes an injury and runs home.
9. How do Rudy's parents feel when the Nazi party offers Rudy a full scholarship to one of their training schools?
(a) They are confused.
(b) They are unsure about whether or not the school is a good fit for Rudy.
(c) They don't want him to go.
(d) They are honored.
10. Which of the following actions does Hans cease doing once he arrives on the war front?
(b) Writing letters home.
11. Which of the following characters does NOT get up in the middle of the night during the air raid sirens?
12. What does Hans offer to the starving Jewish soldier he sees being marched through the streets?
(c) An apple.
13. According to Max's dreams, what is Liesel meant to shake in opposition to Hitler?
(a) Church pillars.
(d) Her hips.
14. How does Frau Hermann react when she realizes that Liesel is stealing from her?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is saddened.
(d) She is angered.
15. How does Liesel describe the alcoholic drink she sips with Hans?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives does Liesel use to describe the process of mixing paint?
2. According to Frau Hermann, who owns the library in her house?
3. What does Liesel steal from the mayor's house the first time she breaks in?
4. What does the disgruntled card player steal from Hans after their game?
5. What color do Hans' neighbors ask him to paint their windows?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)