|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which German city is Max captured?
2. What is the title of the book Liesel steals from Frau Hermann's library while Max is sick?
(a) The Shoulder Shrug.
(b) The Whistler.
(c) The Dream Catcher.
(d) The Gravedigger's Handbook.
3. What confession does Rudy make to Liesel when they run away from home together?
(a) That he does not miss his father.
(b) That he cries himself to sleep at night.
(c) That he hates Hitler.
(d) That he is in love with her.
4. What does Liesel attempt to do with Max when she sees him being paraded through town?
5. What alcoholic beverage is Hans paid in, which he allows Liesel to drink with him?
6. Why is the Nazi party interested in giving Rudy a full scholarship to their school?
(a) Because of his athletic prowess.
(b) Because of his race.
(c) Because of his outbursts against Hitler.
(d) Because of his academic achievements.
7. What does Frau Holtzapfel offer to trade Liesel in exchange for reading sessions?
8. Who saves Liesel from being beaten to death by the German soldier guarding Max?
(b) Frau Hermann.
9. In what German city is Hans stationed during the war?
10. Which of the following adjectives does Liesel use to describe the process of mixing paint?
11. What question does the Hitler Youth leader ask Rudy on the street before beating him in front of his friends?
(a) What is Hitler's middle name?
(b) Where did Hitler go to college?
(c) What is Hitler's favorite food?
(d) Where was Hitler born?
12. Which of the following characters is drafted to the war at the same time as Hans?
(a) Hans Jr.
(b) Max Vandenberg.
(c) Herr Steiner.
(d) Rudy Steiner.
13. Which of the following food items does Liesel leave around town in case the Jewish prisoners get hungry?
14. During what month of the year does Max collapse in the basement?
15. Which of the following actions does Hans cease doing once he arrives on the war front?
(a) Writing letters home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many races does Rudy WIN during the Hitler Youth carnival?
2. To which concentration camp is the starving prisoner being relocated?
3. During what month of the year does Frau Holtzapfel's son come home from the war?
4. Who does Liesel continue to search for during the prisoner parades through town?
5. When the disgruntled card player dies, what part of Hans' body is broken?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)