|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Liesel accidentally leave behind in the mayor's house while she is robbing him?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) Her gloves.
(c) Her hat.
(d) Her jacket.
2. Which of the following items is NOT something Liesel gives to Max hoping it will heal him from his sickness?
(a) A feather.
(b) A description of a cloud.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A soccer ball.
3. How does Hans react to the news that he is going to be drafted to the war?
(a) He begins to pray.
(b) He gets drunk.
(c) He stoically accepts his fate.
(d) He tries to run away from home.
4. Which of the following characters is NOT in the room with Rudy when he has to strip naked for the Nazi physical?
(a) A doctor and nurse.
(b) Two other boys being examined.
(c) A school official.
(d) His father.
5. How does Frau Hermann react when she realizes that Liesel is stealing from her?
(a) She is saddened.
(b) She is angered.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is apathetic.
6. How does Liesel describe the alcoholic drink she sips with Hans?
7. How many gifts does Liesel bring to Max in total during his time of sickness?
8. How does Hans learn that he has been accepted in the Nazi party?
(a) A sign is posted in town.
(b) Nazi soldiers knock on his door.
(c) A letter arrives.
(d) He gets a phone call.
9. How does the disgruntled card player die?
(a) From a heart attack.
(b) By a roadside bomb.
(c) By a sniper shot.
(d) In a car accident.
10. How many races does Rudy sign up for during the Hitler Youth carnival?
11. Which of the following food items does Liesel leave around town in case the Jewish prisoners get hungry?
12. What question does the Hitler Youth leader ask Rudy on the street before beating him in front of his friends?
(a) Where did Hitler go to college?
(b) Where was Hitler born?
(c) What is Hitler's middle name?
(d) What is Hitler's favorite food?
13. What excuse does Rudy give the shopkeeper when he is caught stealing apples from the market?
(a) That he is actually a misguided prince.
(b) That he forgot his wallet.
(c) That his family is starving.
(d) That this is all a big misunderstanding.
14. What does Rosa shout at Liesel for, signaling to her that Max has awoken from his coma?
(a) For leaving the milk out to spoil.
(b) For using her hairbrush.
(c) For forgetting to hang up the laundry.
(d) For tracking mud through the kitchen.
15. What does Liesel bring into Max's room on Christmas Eve?
(b) A feast.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what month of the year does Liesel resume playing soccer with her neighborhood friends?
2. Who saves Liesel from being beaten to death by the German soldier guarding Max?
3. Which of the following characters does NOT try to bully Frau Holtzapfel into the air raid shelter when she refuses to go?
4. During what year do the air raids begin in Munich?
5. What does Hans offer to the starving Jewish soldier he sees being marched through the streets?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)