|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Liesel shout to Frau Hermann when the Frau fires Rosa from her laundry service?
(a) That the Frau is fat.
(b) That the Frau is pathetic.
(c) That the Frau is a traitor.
(d) That the Frau is ugly.
2. In which room of the Hubermann household does Max hide while he is living with them?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In the basement.
(c) In the cellar.
(d) In the library.
3. To which of the following institutions is the Fuehrer most closely tied?
4. What event does the city stage in celebration of the Fuehrer's birthday?
(a) They ignore the birthday completely.
(b) A carnival.
(c) A feast.
(d) A bonfire.
5. What instrument did Erik Vandenberg play?
(a) The bagpipes.
(b) The banjo.
(c) The accordian.
(d) The harmonica.
6. Which of the following activities do Rudy and Liesel spend the summer doing?
7. What does Liesel purchase with the coin she finds on the street outside Frau Dillard's house?
(b) A new dress.
8. What part of her body is burned when Liesel steals a copy of "The Shoulder Shrug"?
(a) Her back.
(b) Her fingertips.
(c) Her ribs.
(d) Her neck.
9. Which sport does Max regularly dream he is participating in with Adolf Hitler?
10. How does LIesel feel after her outburst against Frau Hermann?
11. How many soldiers survived the battle Hans Hubermann sat out during WWI?
12. How does Rosa react when she realizes Liesel is stealing from her?
(a) Rosa makes her scrub the floor with a toothbrush.
(b) Rosa ignores her.
(c) Rosa beats her.
(d) Rosa forgives her.
13. Which body part does Liesel's school friend break while attending the book burning?
(a) His ankle.
(b) His arm.
(c) His neck.
(d) His nose.
14. What does Max give to Liesel for her birthday?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) A doll.
(c) A book.
(d) A new dress.
15. How does Liesel react when she sees Frau Hermann's library?
(a) She is saddened.
(b) She is disgusted.
(c) She is outraged.
(d) She is overwhelmed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following emotions does Max feel comfortable expressing only in his journal?
2. How long do Liesel and Rudy work with the gang leader before he moves away?
3. Which nation does Max dream will eventually rise up and beat Hitler to the ground?
4. What does Liesel clean off the door frame every day, left by Frau Hollapfel?
5. Which of the following characters stands up for Tommy Muller when he is being abused?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)