|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does Liesel regularly fish out of the trash bins to bring home to Max?
(a) Metal cans.
(b) Discarded clothing.
(d) Food scraps.
2. How does the mysterious young man get into the Hubermann household?
(a) He has a key.
(b) He digs a tunnel.
(c) He kicks in the door.
(d) He breaks a window.
3. Where did Max Vandenberg grow up?
4. How does Liesel feel about the scheduled book burning?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is outraged.
(d) She is nervous.
5. What did Hans give to Erik Vandenberg's widow with the hopes of being able to help her family one day?
(a) His phone number.
(b) His social security card.
(c) His address.
(d) His photograph.
6. As a child, who saved Max from the Gestapo when they were removing Jews from the neighborhood?
(a) Liesel Memimger.
(b) Walter Kugler.
(c) Tommy Mullins.
(d) Rudy Steiner
7. Why does Liesel steal money from Rosa?
(a) To pay for books.
(b) To pay for a train ticket.
(c) To pay for postage stamps.
(d) To pay for new shoes.
8. Where does Liesel sit and wait for Hans to come and pick her up from the book burning?
(a) At the hospital.
(b) At the church.
(c) At the school.
(d) At the library.
9. Which of the following mysterious characters is described as living in the dark shadows of Stuttgart?
(a) A young woman.
(b) An old man.
(c) A young man.
(d) An old woman.
10. Which of the following adjectives best describes Rosa Hubermann?
11. Which of the following sports is Rudy most interested in?
(a) Track and Field.
12. What type of soup does Rosa Hubermann make once a week to feed her family?
(a) Minestrone soup.
(b) Chicken noodle soup.
(c) Tomato soup.
(d) Pea soup.
13. What ethnicity was Erik Vandenberg?
(a) He was German.
(b) He was Canadian.
(c) He was Jewish.
(d) He was Swedish.
14. To which German city is Liesel being relocated by the foster care system?
15. How many armed guards escort Liesel when she helps to bury her dead brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rosa fired by various customers while Liesel is learning how to read?
2. Which of the following emotions does Max feel comfortable expressing only in his journal?
3. Upon arriving safely to the Hubermann household, how long does Max sleep, uninterrupted?
4. How does Liesel react when she sees Frau Hermann's library?
5. Which of the following activities does Hans Hubermann convince Liesel to do after she has been in the house for a few weeks?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)