|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives does Liesel use to describe Frau Hermann during the summer she spends reading with her?
2. Which branch of the armed forces did Hans Hubermann fight in during WWI?
(a) The marines.
(b) The army.
(c) The navy.
(d) The air force.
3. Where does Liesel sit and wait for Hans to come and pick her up from the book burning?
(a) At the library.
(b) At the hospital.
(c) At the church.
(d) At the school.
4. When Rudy is punished in Hitler Youth camp, what is he made to do?
(b) Jumping jacks.
5. What is the BDM?
(a) Cooking Club.
(b) Girl Scouts.
(c) Band of German Girls.
(d) Hitler's Youth Organization.
6. How are Liesel and her brother traveling to the foster care system?
(a) By taxi.
(b) By train.
(c) By ship.
(d) By airplane.
7. What type of fruit do Rudy and Liesel steal from local farmers?
8. What does Liesel shout to Frau Hermann when the Frau fires Rosa from her laundry service?
(a) That the Frau is a traitor.
(b) That the Frau is ugly.
(c) That the Frau is pathetic.
(d) That the Frau is fat.
9. What book does Liesel read over and over in Frau Hermann's library?
(a) The Banker.
(b) The Dancer.
(c) The Sleeper.
(d) The Whistler.
10. How does Liesel react when she catches a glimpse into Max's journal?
(a) She is outraged.
(b) She is shocked.
(c) She is saddened.
(d) She is excited.
11. Who is the narrator of this novel?
12. Why was young Hans Hubermann asked to stay behind during his fight of WWI?
(a) Because he had a good sense of direction.
(b) Because he had a nice singing voice.
(c) Because he had good handwriting.
(d) Because he was the best looking.
13. Which sport does Max regularly dream he is participating in with Adolf Hitler?
14. Which of the following characters stands up for Tommy Muller when he is being abused?
15. How did Erik Vandenberg's widow react when Hans brought her husband's instrument home to her?
(a) She didn't want it.
(b) She cherished it forever.
(c) She didn't recognize it.
(d) She didn't answer the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hans give to Erik Vandenberg's widow with the hopes of being able to help her family one day?
2. How does Liesel describe the sensation of being burned at the book burning?
3. Where did Max Vandenberg grow up?
4. Which of the following things does Liesel describe for Max using the most colorful language she can think of?
5. How does the mysterious young man get into the Hubermann household?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)