|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following customers is Liesel so afraid of that she skips over her house whenever possible?
(a) Frau Hubermann.
(b) Frau Hermann.
(c) Frau Hollapfel.
(d) Frau Hansel.
2. How many armed guards escort Liesel when she helps to bury her dead brother?
3. At which holiday does Liesel finish reading "The Gravedigger's Handbook"?
(d) Independence Day.
4. How does Rosa react when she realizes Liesel is stealing from her?
(a) Rosa makes her scrub the floor with a toothbrush.
(b) Rosa forgives her.
(c) Rosa ignores her.
(d) Rosa beats her.
5. How long do Liesel and Rudy work with the gang leader before he moves away?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three days.
6. What does Max give to Liesel for her birthday?
(a) A new dress.
(b) A doll.
(c) A book.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
7. As a child, who saved Max from the Gestapo when they were removing Jews from the neighborhood?
(a) Rudy Steiner
(b) Liesel Memimger.
(c) Walter Kugler.
(d) Tommy Mullins.
8. What instrument did Erik Vandenberg play?
(a) The bagpipes.
(b) The harmonica.
(c) The accordian.
(d) The banjo.
9. To which of the following institutions is the Fuehrer most closely tied?
10. Which of the following emotions does Max feel comfortable expressing only in his journal?
11. How does Liesel react when she sees Frau Hermann's library?
(a) She is saddened.
(b) She is outraged.
(c) She is disgusted.
(d) She is overwhelmed.
12. Who did Hans credit with saving his life during WWI?
(b) Adolf Hitler.
(c) Max Vandenberg.
(d) Erik Vandenberg.
13. Why was young Hans Hubermann asked to stay behind during his fight of WWI?
(a) Because he was the best looking.
(b) Because he had a good sense of direction.
(c) Because he had a nice singing voice.
(d) Because he had good handwriting.
14. What book does Liesel read over and over in Frau Hermann's library?
(a) The Banker.
(b) The Whistler.
(c) The Dancer.
(d) The Sleeper.
15. How does the reader know Liesel's brother is sick?
(a) He is sweating.
(b) He is coughing.
(c) He is moaning.
(d) He is sneezing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Max in hiding before being moved to Hans Hubermann's house?
2. Who places Liesel Meminger in foster care?
3. Which nation does Max dream will eventually rise up and beat Hitler to the ground?
4. Which of the following things does Liesel describe for Max using the most colorful language she can think of?
5. How did Erik Vandenberg's widow react when Hans brought her husband's instrument home to her?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)