|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ethnicity was Erik Vandenberg?
(a) He was Jewish.
(b) He was Canadian.
(c) He was German.
(d) He was Swedish.
2. How does the reader know Liesel's brother is sick?
(a) He is sweating.
(b) He is moaning.
(c) He is coughing.
(d) He is sneezing.
3. Which of the following school subjects does Liesel practice regularly with Max?
4. Why was Max Vandenberg bullied as a child?
(a) Because he was Jewish.
(b) Because he was small.
(c) Because he was poor.
(d) Because he had a speech impediment.
5. When Rudy is punished in Hitler Youth camp, what is he made to do?
(a) Jumping jacks.
6. When the mysterious character living in the shadows is brought food and keys, which character is the mystery character urged to locate?
(a) Max Vandenberg.
(b) Rudy Steiner.
(c) Liesel Meminger.
(d) Hans Hubermann.
7. In which room of the Hubermann household does Max hide while he is living with them?
(a) In the cellar.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the library.
(d) In the basement.
8. What book does the mysterious young man take on the train with him while traveling cross country?
(a) Mein Kampf.
(b) The Quran.
(c) Moby Dick.
(d) The Bible.
9. How does Liesel feel about the scheduled book burning?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is nervous.
(c) She is outraged.
(d) She is confused.
10. Which of the following things does Liesel describe for Max using the most colorful language she can think of?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The rain forests.
(c) The night sky.
(d) The weather.
11. What does Hans sell in order to buy Liesel two new books?
(a) His paintings.
(b) Homemade candles.
(c) Locks of his hair.
(d) Hand-rolled cigarettes.
12. How many soldiers survived the battle Hans Hubermann sat out during WWI?
13. Which branch of the armed forces did Hans Hubermann fight in during WWI?
(a) The army.
(b) The air force.
(c) The navy.
(d) The marines.
14. How does Rosa feel about Liesel writing letters to her mother?
(a) Rosa does not know about the letters.
(b) Rosa feels it is a waste of time.
(c) Rosa forbids Liesel to pick up a pen.
(d) Rosa is offended that Liesel still wants contact with her birth mother.
15. Who places Liesel Meminger in foster care?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liesel shout to Frau Hermann when the Frau fires Rosa from her laundry service?
2. Why was young Hans Hubermann asked to stay behind during his fight of WWI?
3. Where did Max Vandenberg grow up?
4. Which of the following tools does Max use to keep records of his emotions in the journal?
5. Which of the following sports is Rudy most interested in?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)