|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does the shadow witness Liesel stealing a book from the bonfire?
(a) From a window.
(b) From an allyway.
(c) From atop a building.
(d) From a passing automobile.
2. How does Liesel feel about the scheduled book burning?
(a) She is nervous.
(b) She is outraged.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is confused.
3. How does Liesel react when she sees Frau Hermann's library?
(a) She is overwhelmed.
(b) She is saddened.
(c) She is outraged.
(d) She is disgusted.
4. Which of the following books does Hans Jr. think is the most valuable book ever written?
(a) Mein Kampf.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Gravedigger's Handbook.
(d) The Shoulder Shrug.
5. Which of the following adjectives does Liesel use to describe Frau Hermann during the summer she spends reading with her?
6. Who is the narrator of this novel?
7. Who did Hans credit with saving his life during WWI?
(a) Adolf Hitler.
(c) Erik Vandenberg.
(d) Max Vandenberg.
8. Which of the following tools does Max use to keep records of his emotions in the journal?
(b) A pencil.
(d) An inkpen.
9. Which of the following political parties does Liesel think her mother belonged to?
10. Where does Liesel sit and wait for Hans to come and pick her up from the book burning?
(a) At the hospital.
(b) At the church.
(c) At the school.
(d) At the library.
11. Which of the following activities does Hans Hubermann convince Liesel to do after she has been in the house for a few weeks?
(a) Eat porridge.
(b) Change her clothes.
(c) Walk the dogs.
(d) Take a bath.
12. What does Liesel clean off the door frame every day, left by Frau Hollapfel?
(a) Chicken feathers.
(c) Newspaper clippings.
13. How does the mysterious young man get into the Hubermann household?
(a) He breaks a window.
(b) He has a key.
(c) He digs a tunnel.
(d) He kicks in the door.
14. How does Liesel react when she catches a glimpse into Max's journal?
(a) She is shocked.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is saddened.
(d) She is outraged.
15. How did Erik Vandenberg's widow react when Hans brought her husband's instrument home to her?
(a) She cherished it forever.
(b) She didn't recognize it.
(c) She didn't answer the door.
(d) She didn't want it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many armed guards escort Liesel when she helps to bury her dead brother?
2. What does Rosa do for a living?
3. Which branch of the armed forces did Hans Hubermann fight in during WWI?
4. Which of the following characters stands up for Tommy Muller when he is being abused?
5. What does Hans sell in order to buy Liesel two new books?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)