|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the reader know Liesel's brother is sick?
(a) He is coughing.
(b) He is moaning.
(c) He is sweating.
(d) He is sneezing.
2. What book does the mysterious young man take on the train with him while traveling cross country?
(a) The Quran.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Mein Kampf.
(d) Moby Dick.
3. What does Rudy's father, Herr Steiner, do for a living?
(a) He is a taxi driver.
(b) He is a tailor.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is an actor.
4. How does Liesel react when she catches a glimpse into Max's journal?
(a) She is shocked.
(b) She is saddened.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is outraged.
5. How long is Max in hiding before being moved to Hans Hubermann's house?
(a) Six years.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six days.
(d) Six months.
6. Which of the following instruments does Hans Hubermann play?
7. Which of the following sports is Rudy most interested in?
(c) Track and Field.
8. How long do Liesel and Rudy work with the gang leader before he moves away?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three years.
(d) Three days.
9. How did Erik Vandenberg's widow react when Hans brought her husband's instrument home to her?
(a) She cherished it forever.
(b) She didn't want it.
(c) She didn't recognize it.
(d) She didn't answer the door.
10. Where does Liesel sit and wait for Hans to come and pick her up from the book burning?
(a) At the school.
(b) At the church.
(c) At the hospital.
(d) At the library.
11. Which of Frau Hermann's relatives dies, leaving her deeply depressed?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
12. What object does Liesel regularly fish out of the trash bins to bring home to Max?
(a) Metal cans.
(c) Food scraps.
(d) Discarded clothing.
13. Why does Liesel steal money from Rosa?
(a) To pay for postage stamps.
(b) To pay for new shoes.
(c) To pay for books.
(d) To pay for a train ticket.
14. To which of the following institutions is the Fuehrer most closely tied?
15. Which branch of the armed forces did Hans Hubermann fight in during WWI?
(a) The army.
(b) The marines.
(c) The air force.
(d) The navy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max give to Liesel for her birthday?
2. When the mysterious character living in the shadows is brought food and keys, which character is the mystery character urged to locate?
3. Where was Hans Hubermann stationed when he fought in WWI?
4. Which of the following tools does Max use to keep records of his emotions in the journal?
5. From where does the shadow witness Liesel stealing a book from the bonfire?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)