|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hans sell in order to buy Liesel two new books?
(a) Hand-rolled cigarettes.
(b) Homemade candles.
(c) His paintings.
(d) Locks of his hair.
2. Which sport does Max regularly dream he is participating in with Adolf Hitler?
3. Which of the following instruments does Hans Hubermann play?
4. Which nation does Max dream will eventually rise up and beat Hitler to the ground?
5. What sport does Liesel regularly play with the neighborhood kids?
6. Why is Hans Jr. embarrassed to be seen with his father?
(a) Because his father is an atheist when it is fashionable to be Catholic.
(b) Because his father aligns himself with Hitler.
(c) Because his father has not yet joined the Nazi party.
(d) Because his father is uneducated and illiterate.
7. How does Liesel feel about the scheduled book burning?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is outraged.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is nervous.
8. What does Liesel clean off the door frame every day, left by Frau Hollapfel?
(a) Chicken feathers.
(b) Newspaper clippings.
9. Which of the following customers is Liesel so afraid of that she skips over her house whenever possible?
(a) Frau Hermann.
(b) Frau Hansel.
(c) Frau Hollapfel.
(d) Frau Hubermann.
10. Why was Max Vandenberg bullied as a child?
(a) Because he was Jewish.
(b) Because he had a speech impediment.
(c) Because he was small.
(d) Because he was poor.
11. In which room of the Hubermann household does Max hide while he is living with them?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In the library.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In the cellar.
12. How does Hans react when he finds out Liesel stole a book from the bonfire?
(a) He forces her to go back and return it.
(b) He never finds out.
(c) He beats her.
(d) He understands why she stole it and does not punish her.
13. Which of the following things does Liesel describe for Max using the most colorful language she can think of?
(a) The rain forests.
(b) The night sky.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The weather.
14. How long is Max in hiding before being moved to Hans Hubermann's house?
(a) Six years.
(b) Six days.
(c) Six months.
(d) Six weeks.
15. When Rudy is punished in Hitler Youth camp, what is he made to do?
(c) Jumping jacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rosa fired by various customers while Liesel is learning how to read?
2. How did Erik Vandenberg's widow react when Hans brought her husband's instrument home to her?
3. Which of the following school subjects does Liesel practice regularly with Max?
4. What is the name of the street where Liesel lives with the Hubermann family?
5. Which of the following characters stands up for Tommy Muller when he is being abused?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)