|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does Liesel regularly fish out of the trash bins to bring home to Max?
(a) Discarded clothing.
(b) Metal cans.
(d) Food scraps.
2. How does Liesel react when she sees Frau Hermann's library?
(a) She is disgusted.
(b) She is overwhelmed.
(c) She is outraged.
(d) She is saddened.
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Rosa Hubermann?
4. Why does Liesel steal money from Rosa?
(a) To pay for a train ticket.
(b) To pay for books.
(c) To pay for new shoes.
(d) To pay for postage stamps.
5. Which of the following activities do Rudy and Liesel spend the summer doing?
6. Which of the following characters teaches Liesel how to read?
7. How does LIesel feel after her outburst against Frau Hermann?
8. How does Liesel feel about the scheduled book burning?
(a) She is nervous.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is outraged.
9. Which of the following activities does Hans Hubermann convince Liesel to do after she has been in the house for a few weeks?
(a) Take a bath.
(b) Walk the dogs.
(c) Eat porridge.
(d) Change her clothes.
10. Which book does Liesel spend all of her time reading during her first summer with the Hubermann family?
(a) The Shoulder Shrug.
(b) The Stomach Ache.
(c) The Nose Twitch.
(d) The Leg Cramp.
11. When Rudy is punished in Hitler Youth camp, what is he made to do?
(d) Jumping jacks.
12. How does Rosa feel about Liesel writing letters to her mother?
(a) Rosa feels it is a waste of time.
(b) Rosa does not know about the letters.
(c) Rosa is offended that Liesel still wants contact with her birth mother.
(d) Rosa forbids Liesel to pick up a pen.
13. Which nation does Max dream will eventually rise up and beat Hitler to the ground?
14. At which holiday does Liesel finish reading "The Gravedigger's Handbook"?
(b) Independence Day.
15. How does Viktor Chemmel compare to the last gang leader Liesel worked with?
(a) Viktor is more violent.
(b) Viktor is much kinder.
(c) Viktor is much crueler.
(d) Viktor is much more fair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following ailments afflicts Tommy Muller?
2. To which German city is Liesel being relocated by the foster care system?
3. What does Rudy's father, Herr Steiner, do for a living?
4. Who is the narrator of this novel?
5. How does Liesel describe the sensation of being burned at the book burning?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)