|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which German city is Liesel being relocated by the foster care system?
2. Which of the following school subjects does Liesel practice regularly with Max?
3. What inanimate object does Max credit with saving his life?
(a) A tennis shoe.
(b) A book.
(c) A wooden spoon.
(d) A pocket watch.
4. Which of the following adjectives does Liesel use to describe Frau Hermann during the summer she spends reading with her?
5. What instrument did Erik Vandenberg play?
(a) The banjo.
(b) The harmonica.
(c) The accordian.
(d) The bagpipes.
6. Who did Hans credit with saving his life during WWI?
(a) Erik Vandenberg.
(b) Max Vandenberg.
(d) Adolf Hitler.
7. When the mysterious character living in the shadows is brought food and keys, which character is the mystery character urged to locate?
(a) Liesel Meminger.
(b) Hans Hubermann.
(c) Max Vandenberg.
(d) Rudy Steiner.
8. In which room of the Hubermann household does Max hide while he is living with them?
(a) In the cellar.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the library.
(d) In the basement.
9. Which of the following sports is Rudy most interested in?
(d) Track and Field.
10. How does Liesel feel about the scheduled book burning?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is nervous.
(c) She is outraged.
(d) She is confused.
11. Which of the following characters teaches Liesel how to read?
12. At which holiday does Liesel finish reading "The Gravedigger's Handbook"?
(d) Independence Day.
13. Why doesn't Viktor Chemmel like or respect Liesel?
(a) Because of her race.
(b) Because of her weight.
(c) Because of her gender.
(d) Because of her religion.
14. How did Erik Vandenberg's widow react when Hans brought her husband's instrument home to her?
(a) She didn't want it.
(b) She didn't answer the door.
(c) She cherished it forever.
(d) She didn't recognize it.
15. Where does Liesel sit and wait for Hans to come and pick her up from the book burning?
(a) At the hospital.
(b) At the library.
(c) At the church.
(d) At the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ethnicity was Erik Vandenberg?
2. Who places Liesel Meminger in foster care?
3. What object does Liesel regularly fish out of the trash bins to bring home to Max?
4. Why was Max Vandenberg bullied as a child?
5. Which of the following activities do Rudy and Liesel spend the summer doing?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)