|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rudy use to darken his body in the hopes of emulating Jesse Owens?
(b) Magic Marker.
2. Which of the following instruments does Hans Hubermann play?
3. Which of the following ailments afflicts Tommy Muller?
(a) He is lame.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He is mute.
4. What is the name of the street where Liesel lives with the Hubermann family?
(a) Mimmel Street.
(b) Gimmel Street.
(c) Himmel Street.
(d) Fimmel Street.
5. What book does Liesel read over and over in Frau Hermann's library?
(a) The Dancer.
(b) The Sleeper.
(c) The Banker.
(d) The Whistler.
6. In which room of the Hubermann household does Max hide while he is living with them?
(a) In the cellar.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the library.
(d) In the basement.
7. How does Liesel describe the sensation of being burned at the book burning?
(a) As feeling nothing at all.
(b) As enlivening.
(c) As deadening.
(d) As painful.
8. What is the BDM?
(a) Hitler's Youth Organization.
(b) Girl Scouts.
(c) Cooking Club.
(d) Band of German Girls.
9. Which branch of the armed forces did Hans Hubermann fight in during WWI?
(a) The army.
(b) The air force.
(c) The marines.
(d) The navy.
10. Who is the narrator of this novel?
11. Which of the following sports is Rudy most interested in?
(c) Track and Field.
12. How many soldiers survived the battle Hans Hubermann sat out during WWI?
13. How long is Max in hiding before being moved to Hans Hubermann's house?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Six months.
(c) Six days.
(d) Six years.
14. Which of the following emotions does Max feel comfortable expressing only in his journal?
15. What ethnicity was Erik Vandenberg?
(a) He was Canadian.
(b) He was German.
(c) He was Jewish.
(d) He was Swedish.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Liesel react when Frau Hermann offers a book to her as a gift?
2. Which of the following activities do Rudy and Liesel spend the summer doing?
3. Which of the following acts does Max request from Liesel?
4. Why was young Hans Hubermann asked to stay behind during his fight of WWI?
5. What did Hans give to Erik Vandenberg's widow with the hopes of being able to help her family one day?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)