|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hans give to Erik Vandenberg's widow with the hopes of being able to help her family one day?
(a) His social security card.
(b) His photograph.
(c) His phone number.
(d) His address.
2. How does Liesel react when she catches a glimpse into Max's journal?
(a) She is saddened.
(b) She is shocked.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is outraged.
3. Which of the following tools does Max use to keep records of his emotions in the journal?
(a) A pencil.
(c) An inkpen.
4. Why was young Hans Hubermann asked to stay behind during his fight of WWI?
(a) Because he was the best looking.
(b) Because he had a good sense of direction.
(c) Because he had a nice singing voice.
(d) Because he had good handwriting.
5. How does Liesel react when Frau Hermann offers a book to her as a gift?
(a) She refuses it.
(b) She ignores the offer completely.
(c) She graciously accepts it.
(d) She is confused by the offer.
6. Which of the following acts does Max request from Liesel?
(a) A haircut.
(b) A manicure.
(c) A shave.
(d) A sponge bath.
7. Which of the following characters teaches Liesel how to read?
8. Which of the following customers is Liesel so afraid of that she skips over her house whenever possible?
(a) Frau Hermann.
(b) Frau Hansel.
(c) Frau Hollapfel.
(d) Frau Hubermann.
9. What does Rosa do for a living?
(a) She is a seamstress.
(b) She is a laundress.
(c) She is a midwife.
(d) She is a factory worker.
10. What event does the city stage in celebration of the Fuehrer's birthday?
(a) A carnival.
(b) They ignore the birthday completely.
(c) A bonfire.
(d) A feast.
11. Why is Rosa fired by various customers while Liesel is learning how to read?
(a) Because of the declining economy.
(b) Because customers don't approve of Liesel's education.
(c) Because she is terrible at her job.
(d) Becuase she has been caught stealing.
12. Which of the following ailments afflicts Tommy Muller?
(a) He is deaf.
(b) He is lame.
(c) He is mute.
(d) He is blind.
13. How many fights did Max Vandenberg get in with his nemesis, Walter Kugler?
14. What book does Liesel read over and over in Frau Hermann's library?
(a) The Dancer.
(b) The Whistler.
(c) The Sleeper.
(d) The Banker.
15. Which of the following instruments does Hans Hubermann play?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Liesel describe the sensation of being burned at the book burning?
2. What type of soup does Rosa Hubermann make once a week to feed her family?
3. Which branch of the armed forces did Hans Hubermann fight in during WWI?
4. What is the name of the street where Liesel lives with the Hubermann family?
5. Where was Hans Hubermann stationed when he fought in WWI?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)