|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which body part does Liesel's school friend break while attending the book burning?
(a) His nose.
(b) His ankle.
(c) His neck.
(d) His arm.
2. Which sport does Max regularly dream he is participating in with Adolf Hitler?
3. How does Liesel react when Frau Hermann offers a book to her as a gift?
(a) She graciously accepts it.
(b) She ignores the offer completely.
(c) She is confused by the offer.
(d) She refuses it.
4. Why does Liesel steal money from Rosa?
(a) To pay for a train ticket.
(b) To pay for postage stamps.
(c) To pay for books.
(d) To pay for new shoes.
5. Where did Max Vandenberg grow up?
6. What inanimate object does Max credit with saving his life?
(a) A book.
(b) A wooden spoon.
(c) A tennis shoe.
(d) A pocket watch.
7. Which of the following things does Liesel describe for Max using the most colorful language she can think of?
(a) The weather.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The night sky.
(d) The rain forests.
8. Which of the following characters teaches Liesel how to read?
9. Why was young Hans Hubermann asked to stay behind during his fight of WWI?
(a) Because he had a nice singing voice.
(b) Because he was the best looking.
(c) Because he had a good sense of direction.
(d) Because he had good handwriting.
10. To which German city is Liesel being relocated by the foster care system?
11. What is the name of the street where Liesel lives with the Hubermann family?
(a) Fimmel Street.
(b) Mimmel Street.
(c) Gimmel Street.
(d) Himmel Street.
12. Which of the following mysterious characters is described as living in the dark shadows of Stuttgart?
(a) A young man.
(b) A young woman.
(c) An old man.
(d) An old woman.
13. Which of the following activities do Rudy and Liesel spend the summer doing?
14. How does Hans react when he finds out Liesel stole a book from the bonfire?
(a) He beats her.
(b) He understands why she stole it and does not punish her.
(c) He forces her to go back and return it.
(d) He never finds out.
15. How long is Max in hiding before being moved to Hans Hubermann's house?
(a) Six days.
(b) Six years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Six weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event does the city stage in celebration of the Fuehrer's birthday?
2. Which of the following school subjects does Liesel practice regularly with Max?
3. Why is Hans Jr. embarrassed to be seen with his father?
4. What object does Liesel regularly fish out of the trash bins to bring home to Max?
5. What does Rudy use to darken his body in the hopes of emulating Jesse Owens?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)