|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Rosa fired by various customers while Liesel is learning how to read?
(a) Because customers don't approve of Liesel's education.
(b) Because of the declining economy.
(c) Becuase she has been caught stealing.
(d) Because she is terrible at her job.
2. Who places Liesel Meminger in foster care?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her father.
3. Who sees Liesel steal the book from the bonfire?
(a) The mayor's wife.
(b) Adolf Hitler.
(c) Hans. Jr.
4. How does the reader know Liesel's brother is sick?
(a) He is sweating.
(b) He is moaning.
(c) He is sneezing.
(d) He is coughing.
5. Which of the following books does Hans Jr. think is the most valuable book ever written?
(a) Mein Kampf.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Gravedigger's Handbook.
(d) The Shoulder Shrug.
6. How long is Max in hiding before being moved to Hans Hubermann's house?
(a) Six years.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Six days.
7. At which holiday does Liesel finish reading "The Gravedigger's Handbook"?
(a) Independence Day.
8. Which sport does Max regularly dream he is participating in with Adolf Hitler?
9. Which of the following sports is Rudy most interested in?
(a) Track and Field.
10. How does Viktor Chemmel compare to the last gang leader Liesel worked with?
(a) Viktor is much kinder.
(b) Viktor is much more fair.
(c) Viktor is more violent.
(d) Viktor is much crueler.
11. Which of the following ailments afflicts Tommy Muller?
(a) He is deaf.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is lame.
(d) He is mute.
12. What does Rudy's father, Herr Steiner, do for a living?
(a) He is a tailor.
(b) He is a taxi driver.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is an actor.
13. Which of the following emotions does Max feel comfortable expressing only in his journal?
14. To which German city is Liesel being relocated by the foster care system?
15. Which body part does Liesel's school friend break while attending the book burning?
(a) His neck.
(b) His ankle.
(c) His nose.
(d) His arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters teaches Liesel how to read?
2. How does Liesel feel about the scheduled book burning?
3. Why is Hans Jr. embarrassed to be seen with his father?
4. When Rudy is punished in Hitler Youth camp, what is he made to do?
5. How does Liesel react when Frau Hermann offers a book to her as a gift?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)