|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Max in hiding before being moved to Hans Hubermann's house?
(a) Six days.
(b) Six months.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Six years.
2. Which of the following school subjects does Liesel practice regularly with Max?
3. How does Liesel feel about the scheduled book burning?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is nervous.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is outraged.
4. What does Hans Hubermann do for a living?
(a) He is a musician.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He is a painter.
(d) He is a mechanic.
5. To which of the following institutions is the Fuehrer most closely tied?
6. How does Liesel react when Frau Hermann offers a book to her as a gift?
(a) She is confused by the offer.
(b) She ignores the offer completely.
(c) She refuses it.
(d) She graciously accepts it.
7. Where was Hans Hubermann stationed when he fought in WWI?
8. Which of Frau Hermann's relatives dies, leaving her deeply depressed?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her grandfather.
9. Which of the following activities do Rudy and Liesel spend the summer doing?
10. Which of the following customers is Liesel so afraid of that she skips over her house whenever possible?
(a) Frau Hermann.
(b) Frau Hansel.
(c) Frau Hubermann.
(d) Frau Hollapfel.
11. What does Rudy use to darken his body in the hopes of emulating Jesse Owens?
(c) Magic Marker.
12. To which German city is Liesel being relocated by the foster care system?
13. Which of the following mysterious characters is described as living in the dark shadows of Stuttgart?
(a) An old woman.
(b) An old man.
(c) A young man.
(d) A young woman.
14. Where did Max Vandenberg grow up?
15. What is the name of the street where Liesel lives with the Hubermann family?
(a) Gimmel Street.
(b) Fimmel Street.
(c) Himmel Street.
(d) Mimmel Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters teaches Liesel how to read?
2. Which body part does Liesel's school friend break while attending the book burning?
3. Where does Liesel sit and wait for Hans to come and pick her up from the book burning?
4. How does the reader know Liesel's brother is sick?
5. Which of the following political parties does Liesel think her mother belonged to?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)