|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Viktor Chemmel compare to the last gang leader Liesel worked with?
(a) Viktor is more violent.
(b) Viktor is much more fair.
(c) Viktor is much kinder.
(d) Viktor is much crueler.
2. What part of her body is burned when Liesel steals a copy of "The Shoulder Shrug"?
(a) Her fingertips.
(b) Her neck.
(c) Her back.
(d) Her ribs.
3. How long do Liesel and Rudy work with the gang leader before he moves away?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three days.
4. What type of fruit do Rudy and Liesel steal from local farmers?
5. What is the BDM?
(a) Girl Scouts.
(b) Hitler's Youth Organization.
(c) Cooking Club.
(d) Band of German Girls.
6. How are Liesel and her brother traveling to the foster care system?
(a) By ship.
(b) By airplane.
(c) By train.
(d) By taxi.
7. Why is Rosa fired by various customers while Liesel is learning how to read?
(a) Because she is terrible at her job.
(b) Because customers don't approve of Liesel's education.
(c) Becuase she has been caught stealing.
(d) Because of the declining economy.
8. How long is Max in hiding before being moved to Hans Hubermann's house?
(a) Six years.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six days.
(d) Six months.
9. Which body part does Liesel's school friend break while attending the book burning?
(a) His ankle.
(b) His nose.
(c) His neck.
(d) His arm.
10. Which of the following political parties does Liesel think her mother belonged to?
11. How does the reader know Liesel's brother is sick?
(a) He is moaning.
(b) He is sneezing.
(c) He is coughing.
(d) He is sweating.
12. Which of the following adjectives does Liesel use to describe Frau Hermann during the summer she spends reading with her?
13. When Rudy is punished in Hitler Youth camp, what is he made to do?
(d) Jumping jacks.
14. To which of the following institutions is the Fuehrer most closely tied?
15. Why doesn't Viktor Chemmel like or respect Liesel?
(a) Because of her weight.
(b) Because of her race.
(c) Because of her gender.
(d) Because of her religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hans give to Erik Vandenberg's widow with the hopes of being able to help her family one day?
2. In which room of the Hubermann household does Max hide while he is living with them?
3. Which of Frau Hermann's relatives dies, leaving her deeply depressed?
4. What does Rudy use to darken his body in the hopes of emulating Jesse Owens?
5. Why does Liesel struggle in school?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)