|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Erik Vandenberg's widow react when Hans brought her husband's instrument home to her?
(a) She didn't answer the door.
(b) She didn't recognize it.
(c) She cherished it forever.
(d) She didn't want it.
2. Which of the following sports is Rudy most interested in?
(a) Track and Field.
3. How does Viktor Chemmel compare to the last gang leader Liesel worked with?
(a) Viktor is much kinder.
(b) Viktor is more violent.
(c) Viktor is much crueler.
(d) Viktor is much more fair.
4. Who did Hans credit with saving his life during WWI?
(b) Max Vandenberg.
(c) Adolf Hitler.
(d) Erik Vandenberg.
5. Why does Liesel struggle in school?
(a) Because she cannot do math.
(b) Because she cannot spell.
(c) Because she has no friends.
(d) Because she cannot read.
6. Why is Rosa fired by various customers while Liesel is learning how to read?
(a) Because she is terrible at her job.
(b) Because customers don't approve of Liesel's education.
(c) Because of the declining economy.
(d) Becuase she has been caught stealing.
7. Which book does Liesel spend all of her time reading during her first summer with the Hubermann family?
(a) The Leg Cramp.
(b) The Stomach Ache.
(c) The Nose Twitch.
(d) The Shoulder Shrug.
8. What instrument did Erik Vandenberg play?
(a) The bagpipes.
(b) The banjo.
(c) The harmonica.
(d) The accordian.
9. In which room of the Hubermann household does Max hide while he is living with them?
(a) In the library.
(b) In the basement.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In the cellar.
10. What does Hans sell in order to buy Liesel two new books?
(a) Hand-rolled cigarettes.
(b) His paintings.
(c) Locks of his hair.
(d) Homemade candles.
11. What type of fruit do Rudy and Liesel steal from local farmers?
12. Which of the following school subjects does Liesel practice regularly with Max?
13. When the mysterious character living in the shadows is brought food and keys, which character is the mystery character urged to locate?
(a) Hans Hubermann.
(b) Rudy Steiner.
(c) Liesel Meminger.
(d) Max Vandenberg.
14. At which holiday does Liesel finish reading "The Gravedigger's Handbook"?
(d) Independence Day.
15. What does Rosa do for a living?
(a) She is a laundress.
(b) She is a seamstress.
(c) She is a midwife.
(d) She is a factory worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following mysterious characters is described as living in the dark shadows of Stuttgart?
2. What sport does Liesel regularly play with the neighborhood kids?
3. Why is Hans Jr. embarrassed to be seen with his father?
4. What part of her body is burned when Liesel steals a copy of "The Shoulder Shrug"?
5. How does LIesel feel after her outburst against Frau Hermann?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)