Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Liesel clean off the door frame every day, left by Frau Hollapfel?
(b) Newspaper clippings.
(c) Chicken feathers.
2. What book does the mysterious young man take on the train with him while traveling cross country?
(a) Mein Kampf.
(b) The Quran.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Moby Dick.
3. To which German city is Liesel being relocated by the foster care system?
4. Which of the following characters teaches Liesel how to read?
5. Upon arriving safely to the Hubermann household, how long does Max sleep, uninterrupted?
(a) Five days.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Nine days.
(d) Three days.
6. What is the BDM?
(a) Hitler's Youth Organization.
(b) Cooking Club.
(c) Girl Scouts.
(d) Band of German Girls.
7. Which of the following adjectives does Liesel use to describe Frau Hermann during the summer she spends reading with her?
8. What does Liesel shout to Frau Hermann when the Frau fires Rosa from her laundry service?
(a) That the Frau is pathetic.
(b) That the Frau is ugly.
(c) That the Frau is a traitor.
(d) That the Frau is fat.
9. Which of the following political parties does Liesel think her mother belonged to?
10. What type of fruit do Rudy and Liesel steal from local farmers?
11. When Rudy is punished in Hitler Youth camp, what is he made to do?
(b) Jumping jacks.
12. How does Hans react when he finds out Liesel stole a book from the bonfire?
(a) He beats her.
(b) He understands why she stole it and does not punish her.
(c) He forces her to go back and return it.
(d) He never finds out.
13. Which branch of the armed forces did Hans Hubermann fight in during WWI?
(a) The air force.
(b) The marines.
(c) The navy.
(d) The army.
14. How long is Max in hiding before being moved to Hans Hubermann's house?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Six years.
(c) Six days.
(d) Six months.
15. Who is the narrator of this novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hans give to Erik Vandenberg's widow with the hopes of being able to help her family one day?
2. As a child, who saved Max from the Gestapo when they were removing Jews from the neighborhood?
3. What type of soup does Rosa Hubermann make once a week to feed her family?
4. Which of the following ailments afflicts Tommy Muller?
5. Who sees Liesel steal the book from the bonfire?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)