|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which of the following institutions is the Fuehrer most closely tied?
2. What does Rudy use to darken his body in the hopes of emulating Jesse Owens?
(d) Magic Marker.
3. Which of the following sports is Rudy most interested in?
(b) Track and Field.
4. Who is the narrator of this novel?
5. What did Hans give to Erik Vandenberg's widow with the hopes of being able to help her family one day?
(a) His address.
(b) His photograph.
(c) His phone number.
(d) His social security card.
6. At which holiday does Liesel finish reading "The Gravedigger's Handbook"?
(a) Independence Day.
7. Why doesn't Viktor Chemmel like or respect Liesel?
(a) Because of her weight.
(b) Because of her gender.
(c) Because of her religion.
(d) Because of her race.
8. Which of the following tools does Max use to keep records of his emotions in the journal?
(a) An inkpen.
(d) A pencil.
9. What part of her body is burned when Liesel steals a copy of "The Shoulder Shrug"?
(a) Her neck.
(b) Her back.
(c) Her ribs.
(d) Her fingertips.
10. How does Liesel describe the sensation of being burned at the book burning?
(a) As feeling nothing at all.
(b) As enlivening.
(c) As painful.
(d) As deadening.
11. How does Liesel react when she sees Frau Hermann's library?
(a) She is saddened.
(b) She is outraged.
(c) She is disgusted.
(d) She is overwhelmed.
12. How does LIesel feel after her outburst against Frau Hermann?
13. How does Liesel react when she catches a glimpse into Max's journal?
(a) She is saddened.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is outraged.
(d) She is shocked.
14. What event does the city stage in celebration of the Fuehrer's birthday?
(a) A feast.
(b) A bonfire.
(c) A carnival.
(d) They ignore the birthday completely.
15. How long do Liesel and Rudy work with the gang leader before he moves away?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liesel clean off the door frame every day, left by Frau Hollapfel?
2. Upon arriving safely to the Hubermann household, how long does Max sleep, uninterrupted?
3. How does Liesel react when Frau Hermann offers a book to her as a gift?
4. What type of fruit do Rudy and Liesel steal from local farmers?
5. Why was young Hans Hubermann asked to stay behind during his fight of WWI?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)