|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Liesel describe the sensation of being burned at the book burning?
(a) As enlivening.
(b) As feeling nothing at all.
(c) As painful.
(d) As deadening.
2. What part of her body is burned when Liesel steals a copy of "The Shoulder Shrug"?
(a) Her back.
(b) Her neck.
(c) Her ribs.
(d) Her fingertips.
3. How many soldiers survived the battle Hans Hubermann sat out during WWI?
4. What inanimate object does Max credit with saving his life?
(a) A book.
(b) A tennis shoe.
(c) A pocket watch.
(d) A wooden spoon.
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Rosa Hubermann?
6. Why is Rosa fired by various customers while Liesel is learning how to read?
(a) Because of the declining economy.
(b) Becuase she has been caught stealing.
(c) Because customers don't approve of Liesel's education.
(d) Because she is terrible at her job.
7. Where was Hans Hubermann stationed when he fought in WWI?
8. Why does Liesel steal money from Rosa?
(a) To pay for new shoes.
(b) To pay for a train ticket.
(c) To pay for postage stamps.
(d) To pay for books.
9. Which book does Liesel spend all of her time reading during her first summer with the Hubermann family?
(a) The Shoulder Shrug.
(b) The Stomach Ache.
(c) The Nose Twitch.
(d) The Leg Cramp.
10. Which sport does Max regularly dream he is participating in with Adolf Hitler?
11. Which of the following ailments afflicts Tommy Muller?
(a) He is mute.
(b) He is lame.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is deaf.
12. How does Rosa feel about Liesel writing letters to her mother?
(a) Rosa feels it is a waste of time.
(b) Rosa does not know about the letters.
(c) Rosa forbids Liesel to pick up a pen.
(d) Rosa is offended that Liesel still wants contact with her birth mother.
13. What does Hans Hubermann do for a living?
(a) He is a mechanic.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He is a musician.
(d) He is a painter.
14. How does Liesel react when Frau Hermann offers a book to her as a gift?
(a) She refuses it.
(b) She graciously accepts it.
(c) She ignores the offer completely.
(d) She is confused by the offer.
15. As a child, who saved Max from the Gestapo when they were removing Jews from the neighborhood?
(a) Walter Kugler.
(b) Tommy Mullins.
(c) Rudy Steiner
(d) Liesel Memimger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following emotions does Max feel comfortable expressing only in his journal?
2. What type of soup does Rosa Hubermann make once a week to feed her family?
3. How does LIesel feel after her outburst against Frau Hermann?
4. What does Liesel clean off the door frame every day, left by Frau Hollapfel?
5. How does Rosa react when she realizes Liesel is stealing from her?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)