Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Prologue, A Mountain Range of Rubble, and Part One, The Grave Digger's Handbook
1. Why is Liesel in a train at the opening of the novel?
2. What happens to Liesel's younger brother while he is on the train at the opening of the novel?
3. What are Liesel's first impressions of Rosa and Hans Hubermann?
4. How does Hans treat Liesel during the first few weeks she is at his home?
5. How does Liesel fare during her first few weeks of school in Munich?
This section contains 911 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)