Short Answer Key
Prologue, A Mountain Range of Rubble, and Part One, The Grave Digger's Handbook
1. Who places Liesel Meminger in foster care?
2. Who is the narrator of this novel?
3. How does the reader know Liesel's brother is sick?
He is coughing.
4. How are Liesel and her brother traveling to the foster care system?
5. How many armed guards escort Liesel when she helps to bury her dead brother?
6. To which German city is Liesel being relocated by the foster care system?
7. Which of the following adjectives best describes Rosa Hubermann?
8. Which of the following instruments does Hans Hubermann play?
9. Which of the following activities does Hans Hubermann convince Liesel to do after she has been in the house for a few weeks?
Take a bath.
10. Why does Liesel struggle in school?
This section contains 2,645 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)