|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue, The Last Color.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Michael Holtzapfel die?
(a) He has a heart attack.
(b) He commits suicide.
(c) His mother smothers him.
(d) He drowns in the river.
2. During what year do the air raids begin in Munich?
3. After Hans is drafted to the war, what sound does Liesel hear at night that wakes her from sleep?
(a) An accordion.
(b) Bombs exploding.
(c) The wind howling.
(d) A woman weeping.
4. How does Liesel describe the sensation of being burned at the book burning?
(a) As feeling nothing at all.
(b) As painful.
(c) As deadening.
(d) As enlivening.
5. Where did Max Vandenberg grow up?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Liesel and her family expected to hide out during the air raid drills?
2. Who did Hans credit with saving his life during WWI?
3. Who does Michael write a letter to shortly before his death?
4. How many armed guards escort Liesel when she helps to bury her dead brother?
5. Who ends up with Hans' accordion at the end of the novel?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)