|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Nine, The Last Human Stranger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Liesel struggle in school?
(a) Because she has no friends.
(b) Because she cannot read.
(c) Because she cannot spell.
(d) Because she cannot do math.
2. Why was young Hans Hubermann asked to stay behind during his fight of WWI?
(a) Because he had a nice singing voice.
(b) Because he had good handwriting.
(c) Because he had a good sense of direction.
(d) Because he was the best looking.
3. Why does Rudy pack a toolbox?
(a) To join the war effort.
(b) To run away with Liesel.
(c) To fix his father's car.
(d) To break into houses.
4. What did Hans give to Erik Vandenberg's widow with the hopes of being able to help her family one day?
(a) His address.
(b) His social security card.
(c) His photograph.
(d) His phone number.
5. Which of the following food items does Liesel leave around town in case the Jewish prisoners get hungry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rosa fired by various customers while Liesel is learning how to read?
2. With what weapon are both Hans and the starving prisoner beaten by the guard?
3. What does Hans offer to the starving Jewish soldier he sees being marched through the streets?
4. Which of Frau Hermann's relatives dies, leaving her deeply depressed?
5. To which of the following institutions is the Fuehrer most closely tied?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)