|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Nine, The Last Human Stranger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Rudy give the shopkeeper when he is caught stealing apples from the market?
(a) That his family is starving.
(b) That this is all a big misunderstanding.
(c) That he forgot his wallet.
(d) That he is actually a misguided prince.
2. What does Max give to Liesel for her birthday?
(a) A book.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) A doll.
(d) A new dress.
3. What does Hans sell in order to buy Liesel two new books?
(a) Locks of his hair.
(b) Homemade candles.
(c) Hand-rolled cigarettes.
(d) His paintings.
4. Why does Liesel struggle in school?
(a) Because she cannot do math.
(b) Because she has no friends.
(c) Because she cannot spell.
(d) Because she cannot read.
5. How many fights did Max Vandenberg get in with his nemesis, Walter Kugler?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rosa fired by various customers while Liesel is learning how to read?
2. During what month of the year does Frau Holtzapfel's son come home from the war?
3. When the disgruntled card player dies, what part of Hans' body is broken?
4. Why doesn't Viktor Chemmel like or respect Liesel?
5. Which of the following things does Liesel describe for Max using the most colorful language she can think of?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)