|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Nine, The Last Human Stranger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following tools does Max use to keep records of his emotions in the journal?
(a) An inkpen.
(d) A pencil.
2. How does the disgruntled card player die?
(a) From a heart attack.
(b) In a car accident.
(c) By a roadside bomb.
(d) By a sniper shot.
3. In what month of the year does Hans return home from the war?
4. What alcoholic beverage is Hans paid in, which he allows Liesel to drink with him?
5. Why was young Hans Hubermann asked to stay behind during his fight of WWI?
(a) Because he was the best looking.
(b) Because he had a nice singing voice.
(c) Because he had a good sense of direction.
(d) Because he had good handwriting.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Liesel and Rudy work with the gang leader before he moves away?
2. What does Hans offer to the starving Jewish soldier he sees being marched through the streets?
3. What part of her body is burned when Liesel steals a copy of "The Shoulder Shrug"?
4. Who places Liesel Meminger in foster care?
5. How does the mysterious young man get into the Hubermann household?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)