|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Eight, The Word Shaker.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does the city stage in celebration of the Fuehrer's birthday?
(a) A carnival.
(b) They ignore the birthday completely.
(c) A feast.
(d) A bonfire.
2. According to Max's dreams, what is Liesel meant to shake in opposition to Hitler?
(a) Her hips.
(d) Church pillars.
3. Why does Liesel steal money from Rosa?
(a) To pay for new shoes.
(b) To pay for books.
(c) To pay for a train ticket.
(d) To pay for postage stamps.
4. What is the title of the book Liesel steals from Frau Hermann's library while Max is sick?
(a) The Whistler.
(b) The Shoulder Shrug.
(c) The Dream Catcher.
(d) The Gravedigger's Handbook.
5. What does Liesel clean off the door frame every day, left by Frau Hollapfel?
(c) Chicken feathers.
(d) Newspaper clippings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Rudy and Liesel break into the mayor's house?
2. What excuse does Rudy give the shopkeeper when he is caught stealing apples from the market?
3. Which of the following things does Liesel describe for Max using the most colorful language she can think of?
4. What object does Liesel regularly fish out of the trash bins to bring home to Max?
5. What color do Hans' neighbors ask him to paint their windows?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)