|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Eight, The Word Shaker.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What punishment does Hans receive for helping the starving Jew from the parade?
(a) He is not punished.
(b) He is fined.
(c) He is beaten.
(d) He is sent to jail for six weeks.
2. What inanimate object does Max credit with saving his life?
(a) A wooden spoon.
(b) A pocket watch.
(c) A tennis shoe.
(d) A book.
3. Where was Hans Hubermann stationed when he fought in WWI?
4. Which of Frau Hermann's relatives dies, leaving her deeply depressed?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her sister.
5. Why is the Nazi party interested in giving Rudy a full scholarship to their school?
(a) Because of his academic achievements.
(b) Because of his athletic prowess.
(c) Because of his race.
(d) Because of his outbursts against Hitler.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which book does Liesel spend all of her time reading during her first summer with the Hubermann family?
2. Which of the following adjectives does Liesel use to describe the process of mixing paint?
3. What instrument did Erik Vandenberg play?
4. In which room of the Hubermann household does Max hide while he is living with them?
5. How long has Max been hiding in the basement before he sees the sky?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)