|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five, The Whistler.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What inanimate object does Max credit with saving his life?
(a) A pocket watch.
(b) A tennis shoe.
(c) A book.
(d) A wooden spoon.
2. How does Liesel describe the sensation of being burned at the book burning?
(a) As enlivening.
(b) As painful.
(c) As deadening.
(d) As feeling nothing at all.
3. How many armed guards escort Liesel when she helps to bury her dead brother?
4. What object does Liesel regularly fish out of the trash bins to bring home to Max?
(b) Food scraps.
(c) Metal cans.
(d) Discarded clothing.
5. Which of the following instruments does Hans Hubermann play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following mysterious characters is described as living in the dark shadows of Stuttgart?
2. What book does the mysterious young man take on the train with him while traveling cross country?
3. From where does the shadow witness Liesel stealing a book from the bonfire?
4. How does the reader know Liesel's brother is sick?
5. How does Rosa feel about Liesel writing letters to her mother?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)