|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five, The Whistler.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Liesel steal money from Rosa?
(a) To pay for new shoes.
(b) To pay for a train ticket.
(c) To pay for postage stamps.
(d) To pay for books.
2. To which German city is Liesel being relocated by the foster care system?
3. How did Erik Vandenberg's widow react when Hans brought her husband's instrument home to her?
(a) She didn't answer the door.
(b) She didn't recognize it.
(c) She cherished it forever.
(d) She didn't want it.
4. Where did Max Vandenberg grow up?
5. What does Max give to Liesel for her birthday?
(a) A doll.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event does the city stage in celebration of the Fuehrer's birthday?
2. What does Rudy use to darken his body in the hopes of emulating Jesse Owens?
3. In which room of the Hubermann household does Max hide while he is living with them?
4. How are Liesel and her brother traveling to the foster care system?
5. Which of Frau Hermann's relatives dies, leaving her deeply depressed?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)