|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five, The Whistler.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Hans credit with saving his life during WWI?
(a) Max Vandenberg.
(b) Erik Vandenberg.
(d) Adolf Hitler.
2. Why does Liesel steal money from Rosa?
(a) To pay for books.
(b) To pay for new shoes.
(c) To pay for postage stamps.
(d) To pay for a train ticket.
3. How many armed guards escort Liesel when she helps to bury her dead brother?
4. Which nation does Max dream will eventually rise up and beat Hitler to the ground?
5. Which of the following ailments afflicts Tommy Muller?
(a) He is lame.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is mute.
(d) He is blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Max Vandenberg grow up?
2. Which of the following books does Hans Jr. think is the most valuable book ever written?
3. Why was Max Vandenberg bullied as a child?
4. Which of the following mysterious characters is described as living in the dark shadows of Stuttgart?
5. How did Erik Vandenberg's widow react when Hans brought her husband's instrument home to her?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)