|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, The Standover Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does the city stage in celebration of the Fuehrer's birthday?
(a) A feast.
(b) A carnival.
(c) They ignore the birthday completely.
(d) A bonfire.
2. Where was Hans Hubermann stationed when he fought in WWI?
3. What ethnicity was Erik Vandenberg?
(a) He was Swedish.
(b) He was Jewish.
(c) He was Canadian.
(d) He was German.
4. Which book does Liesel spend all of her time reading during her first summer with the Hubermann family?
(a) The Nose Twitch.
(b) The Shoulder Shrug.
(c) The Stomach Ache.
(d) The Leg Cramp.
5. How are Liesel and her brother traveling to the foster care system?
(a) By taxi.
(b) By ship.
(c) By train.
(d) By airplane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Liesel sit and wait for Hans to come and pick her up from the book burning?
2. As a child, who saved Max from the Gestapo when they were removing Jews from the neighborhood?
3. Why does Liesel struggle in school?
4. What does Max give to Liesel for her birthday?
5. Which of the following activities does Hans Hubermann convince Liesel to do after she has been in the house for a few weeks?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)