|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, The Standover Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Rosa fired by various customers while Liesel is learning how to read?
(a) Because of the declining economy.
(b) Because she is terrible at her job.
(c) Because customers don't approve of Liesel's education.
(d) Becuase she has been caught stealing.
2. How many armed guards escort Liesel when she helps to bury her dead brother?
3. Where does Liesel sit and wait for Hans to come and pick her up from the book burning?
(a) At the school.
(b) At the hospital.
(c) At the church.
(d) At the library.
4. How did Erik Vandenberg's widow react when Hans brought her husband's instrument home to her?
(a) She didn't answer the door.
(b) She didn't recognize it.
(c) She cherished it forever.
(d) She didn't want it.
5. Where was Hans Hubermann stationed when he fought in WWI?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Liesel steal money from Rosa?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Rosa Hubermann?
3. How does Hans react when he finds out Liesel stole a book from the bonfire?
4. Upon arriving safely to the Hubermann household, how long does Max sleep, uninterrupted?
5. Which of the following characters teaches Liesel how to read?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)