|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, The Standover Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Liesel struggle in school?
(a) Because she cannot do math.
(b) Because she cannot read.
(c) Because she has no friends.
(d) Because she cannot spell.
2. In which room of the Hubermann household does Max hide while he is living with them?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In the cellar.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the library.
3. Who is the narrator of this novel?
4. Which of the following customers is Liesel so afraid of that she skips over her house whenever possible?
(a) Frau Hollapfel.
(b) Frau Hansel.
(c) Frau Hermann.
(d) Frau Hubermann.
5. Which branch of the armed forces did Hans Hubermann fight in during WWI?
(a) The marines.
(b) The air force.
(c) The army.
(d) The navy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rudy's father, Herr Steiner, do for a living?
2. Outside of which building do Rudy and Liesel ice the sidewalk so they can steal a basket of food?
3. Which book does Liesel spend all of her time reading during her first summer with the Hubermann family?
4. How does Liesel react when she sees Frau Hermann's library?
5. What inanimate object does Max credit with saving his life?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)