|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, The Standover Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Liesel steal money from Rosa?
(a) To pay for new shoes.
(b) To pay for a train ticket.
(c) To pay for postage stamps.
(d) To pay for books.
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Rosa Hubermann?
3. Why is Hans Jr. embarrassed to be seen with his father?
(a) Because his father is an atheist when it is fashionable to be Catholic.
(b) Because his father aligns himself with Hitler.
(c) Because his father has not yet joined the Nazi party.
(d) Because his father is uneducated and illiterate.
4. Why was Max Vandenberg bullied as a child?
(a) Because he was Jewish.
(b) Because he had a speech impediment.
(c) Because he was small.
(d) Because he was poor.
5. To which German city is Liesel being relocated by the foster care system?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which book does Liesel spend all of her time reading during her first summer with the Hubermann family?
2. What does Liesel clean off the door frame every day, left by Frau Hollapfel?
3. How did Erik Vandenberg's widow react when Hans brought her husband's instrument home to her?
4. What does Hans Hubermann do for a living?
5. Where did Max Vandenberg grow up?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)