|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, The Standover Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Liesel purchase with the coin she finds on the street outside Frau Dillard's house?
(c) A new dress.
2. At which holiday does Liesel finish reading "The Gravedigger's Handbook"?
(b) Independence Day.
3. Which branch of the armed forces did Hans Hubermann fight in during WWI?
(a) The army.
(b) The air force.
(c) The navy.
(d) The marines.
4. What instrument did Erik Vandenberg play?
(a) The bagpipes.
(b) The harmonica.
(c) The accordian.
(d) The banjo.
5. Who places Liesel Meminger in foster care?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Max in hiding before being moved to Hans Hubermann's house?
2. How does the reader know Liesel's brother is sick?
3. How does Liesel describe the sensation of being burned at the book burning?
4. What inanimate object does Max credit with saving his life?
5. Which book does Liesel spend all of her time reading during her first summer with the Hubermann family?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)