|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, The Standover Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives does Liesel use to describe Frau Hermann during the summer she spends reading with her?
2. Why was young Hans Hubermann asked to stay behind during his fight of WWI?
(a) Because he had good handwriting.
(b) Because he had a nice singing voice.
(c) Because he was the best looking.
(d) Because he had a good sense of direction.
3. How does the reader know Liesel's brother is sick?
(a) He is coughing.
(b) He is moaning.
(c) He is sweating.
(d) He is sneezing.
4. Which of the following activities do Rudy and Liesel spend the summer doing?
5. Which of the following books does Hans Jr. think is the most valuable book ever written?
(a) The Gravedigger's Handbook.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Shoulder Shrug.
(d) Mein Kampf.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the mysterious young man get into the Hubermann household?
2. Outside of which building do Rudy and Liesel ice the sidewalk so they can steal a basket of food?
3. What does Rudy use to darken his body in the hopes of emulating Jesse Owens?
4. How does Rosa feel about Liesel writing letters to her mother?
5. How does Rosa react when she realizes Liesel is stealing from her?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)