|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, The Standover Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does the mysterious young man take on the train with him while traveling cross country?
(a) The Quran.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Moby Dick.
(d) Mein Kampf.
2. Why was young Hans Hubermann asked to stay behind during his fight of WWI?
(a) Because he had a good sense of direction.
(b) Because he had a nice singing voice.
(c) Because he had good handwriting.
(d) Because he was the best looking.
3. Which of Frau Hermann's relatives dies, leaving her deeply depressed?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her mother.
4. How does the mysterious young man get into the Hubermann household?
(a) He has a key.
(b) He kicks in the door.
(c) He breaks a window.
(d) He digs a tunnel.
5. Where did Max Vandenberg grow up?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which room of the Hubermann household does Max hide while he is living with them?
2. Why is Hans Jr. embarrassed to be seen with his father?
3. Which of the following customers is Liesel so afraid of that she skips over her house whenever possible?
4. Which of the following political parties does Liesel think her mother belonged to?
5. How does Hans react when he finds out Liesel stole a book from the bonfire?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)