|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Shoulder Shrug.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does the shadow witness Liesel stealing a book from the bonfire?
(a) From atop a building.
(b) From an allyway.
(c) From a window.
(d) From a passing automobile.
2. What does Hans sell in order to buy Liesel two new books?
(a) Hand-rolled cigarettes.
(b) Locks of his hair.
(c) His paintings.
(d) Homemade candles.
3. What event does the city stage in celebration of the Fuehrer's birthday?
(a) A carnival.
(b) They ignore the birthday completely.
(c) A feast.
(d) A bonfire.
4. What is the name of the street where Liesel lives with the Hubermann family?
(a) Mimmel Street.
(b) Fimmel Street.
(c) Gimmel Street.
(d) Himmel Street.
5. Why does Liesel struggle in school?
(a) Because she has no friends.
(b) Because she cannot spell.
(c) Because she cannot do math.
(d) Because she cannot read.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the reader know Liesel's brother is sick?
2. What does Liesel clean off the door frame every day, left by Frau Hollapfel?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Rosa Hubermann?
4. What does Rudy use to darken his body in the hopes of emulating Jesse Owens?
5. Which body part does Liesel's school friend break while attending the book burning?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)