|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Shoulder Shrug.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who places Liesel Meminger in foster care?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her mother.
2. Why is Rosa fired by various customers while Liesel is learning how to read?
(a) Because customers don't approve of Liesel's education.
(b) Becuase she has been caught stealing.
(c) Because she is terrible at her job.
(d) Because of the declining economy.
3. What event does the city stage in celebration of the Fuehrer's birthday?
(a) A feast.
(b) They ignore the birthday completely.
(c) A bonfire.
(d) A carnival.
4. Which of the following characters teaches Liesel how to read?
5. What does Hans sell in order to buy Liesel two new books?
(a) Locks of his hair.
(b) Hand-rolled cigarettes.
(c) His paintings.
(d) Homemade candles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport does Liesel regularly play with the neighborhood kids?
2. How does Liesel describe the sensation of being burned at the book burning?
3. To which of the following institutions is the Fuehrer most closely tied?
4. How are Liesel and her brother traveling to the foster care system?
5. What does Hans Hubermann do for a living?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)