|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Shoulder Shrug.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the reader know Liesel's brother is sick?
(a) He is coughing.
(b) He is sneezing.
(c) He is moaning.
(d) He is sweating.
2. What event does the city stage in celebration of the Fuehrer's birthday?
(a) A bonfire.
(b) A feast.
(c) A carnival.
(d) They ignore the birthday completely.
3. What sport does Liesel regularly play with the neighborhood kids?
4. Why is Hans Jr. embarrassed to be seen with his father?
(a) Because his father is an atheist when it is fashionable to be Catholic.
(b) Because his father aligns himself with Hitler.
(c) Because his father is uneducated and illiterate.
(d) Because his father has not yet joined the Nazi party.
5. Who is the narrator of this novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which body part does Liesel's school friend break while attending the book burning?
2. How does Liesel describe the sensation of being burned at the book burning?
3. At which holiday does Liesel finish reading "The Gravedigger's Handbook"?
4. Why is Rosa fired by various customers while Liesel is learning how to read?
5. From where does the shadow witness Liesel stealing a book from the bonfire?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)