|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Shoulder Shrug.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the street where Liesel lives with the Hubermann family?
(a) Fimmel Street.
(b) Mimmel Street.
(c) Himmel Street.
(d) Gimmel Street.
2. What does Hans sell in order to buy Liesel two new books?
(a) Locks of his hair.
(b) Homemade candles.
(c) His paintings.
(d) Hand-rolled cigarettes.
3. At which holiday does Liesel finish reading "The Gravedigger's Handbook"?
(a) Independence Day.
4. What does Hans Hubermann do for a living?
(a) He is a painter.
(b) He is a musician.
(c) He is a teacher.
(d) He is a mechanic.
5. How does Liesel describe the sensation of being burned at the book burning?
(a) As enlivening.
(b) As feeling nothing at all.
(c) As deadening.
(d) As painful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Liesel sit and wait for Hans to come and pick her up from the book burning?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Rosa Hubermann?
3. Which of the following instruments does Hans Hubermann play?
4. What event does the city stage in celebration of the Fuehrer's birthday?
5. What sport does Liesel regularly play with the neighborhood kids?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)