|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Shoulder Shrug.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which body part does Liesel's school friend break while attending the book burning?
(a) His ankle.
(b) His arm.
(c) His nose.
(d) His neck.
2. What does Hans sell in order to buy Liesel two new books?
(a) Homemade candles.
(b) His paintings.
(c) Locks of his hair.
(d) Hand-rolled cigarettes.
3. Why does Liesel struggle in school?
(a) Because she cannot spell.
(b) Because she cannot do math.
(c) Because she has no friends.
(d) Because she cannot read.
4. Why does Liesel steal money from Rosa?
(a) To pay for books.
(b) To pay for postage stamps.
(c) To pay for new shoes.
(d) To pay for a train ticket.
5. Why is Hans Jr. embarrassed to be seen with his father?
(a) Because his father aligns himself with Hitler.
(b) Because his father is uneducated and illiterate.
(c) Because his father has not yet joined the Nazi party.
(d) Because his father is an atheist when it is fashionable to be Catholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which of the following institutions is the Fuehrer most closely tied?
2. What is the BDM?
3. Who places Liesel Meminger in foster care?
4. At which holiday does Liesel finish reading "The Gravedigger's Handbook"?
5. Why is Rosa fired by various customers while Liesel is learning how to read?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)