|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Shoulder Shrug.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which German city is Liesel being relocated by the foster care system?
2. What is the name of the street where Liesel lives with the Hubermann family?
(a) Himmel Street.
(b) Fimmel Street.
(c) Gimmel Street.
(d) Mimmel Street.
3. Why does Liesel steal money from Rosa?
(a) To pay for new shoes.
(b) To pay for postage stamps.
(c) To pay for books.
(d) To pay for a train ticket.
4. How does Liesel describe the sensation of being burned at the book burning?
(a) As painful.
(b) As feeling nothing at all.
(c) As enlivening.
(d) As deadening.
5. What does Liesel clean off the door frame every day, left by Frau Hollapfel?
(a) Newspaper clippings.
(b) Chicken feathers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters teaches Liesel how to read?
2. What does Rosa do for a living?
3. Why is Hans Jr. embarrassed to be seen with his father?
4. Which body part does Liesel's school friend break while attending the book burning?
5. What event does the city stage in celebration of the Fuehrer's birthday?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)