|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Shoulder Shrug.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosa do for a living?
(a) She is a midwife.
(b) She is a seamstress.
(c) She is a laundress.
(d) She is a factory worker.
2. How does Liesel describe the sensation of being burned at the book burning?
(a) As feeling nothing at all.
(b) As enlivening.
(c) As painful.
(d) As deadening.
3. Why is Hans Jr. embarrassed to be seen with his father?
(a) Because his father is an atheist when it is fashionable to be Catholic.
(b) Because his father is uneducated and illiterate.
(c) Because his father aligns himself with Hitler.
(d) Because his father has not yet joined the Nazi party.
4. To which German city is Liesel being relocated by the foster care system?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Rosa Hubermann?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which body part does Liesel's school friend break while attending the book burning?
2. What part of her body is burned when Liesel steals a copy of "The Shoulder Shrug"?
3. Which of the following books does Hans Jr. think is the most valuable book ever written?
4. How does Rosa feel about Liesel writing letters to her mother?
5. To which of the following institutions is the Fuehrer most closely tied?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)