|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, The Standover Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ethnicity was Erik Vandenberg?
(a) He was Jewish.
(b) He was Canadian.
(c) He was German.
(d) He was Swedish.
2. Where does Liesel sit and wait for Hans to come and pick her up from the book burning?
(a) At the hospital.
(b) At the church.
(c) At the library.
(d) At the school.
3. What part of her body is burned when Liesel steals a copy of "The Shoulder Shrug"?
(a) Her ribs.
(b) Her fingertips.
(c) Her neck.
(d) Her back.
4. What type of soup does Rosa Hubermann make once a week to feed her family?
(a) Chicken noodle soup.
(b) Tomato soup.
(c) Minestrone soup.
(d) Pea soup.
5. In which room of the Hubermann household does Max hide while he is living with them?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In the library.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In the cellar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which body part does Liesel's school friend break while attending the book burning?
2. What does Liesel purchase with the coin she finds on the street outside Frau Dillard's house?
3. From where does the shadow witness Liesel stealing a book from the bonfire?
4. How does the reader know Liesel's brother is sick?
5. Which branch of the armed forces did Hans Hubermann fight in during WWI?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)