|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, The Standover Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Liesel sit and wait for Hans to come and pick her up from the book burning?
(a) At the school.
(b) At the library.
(c) At the hospital.
(d) At the church.
2. Outside of which building do Rudy and Liesel ice the sidewalk so they can steal a basket of food?
(a) The church.
(b) The apple farm.
(c) The market.
(d) The school.
3. How does the mysterious young man get into the Hubermann household?
(a) He has a key.
(b) He kicks in the door.
(c) He digs a tunnel.
(d) He breaks a window.
4. What book does the mysterious young man take on the train with him while traveling cross country?
(a) Mein Kampf.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Moby Dick.
(d) The Quran.
5. Why does Liesel steal money from Rosa?
(a) To pay for books.
(b) To pay for postage stamps.
(c) To pay for new shoes.
(d) To pay for a train ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who places Liesel Meminger in foster care?
2. What type of fruit do Rudy and Liesel steal from local farmers?
3. How many soldiers survived the battle Hans Hubermann sat out during WWI?
4. From where does the shadow witness Liesel stealing a book from the bonfire?
5. What does Rudy's father, Herr Steiner, do for a living?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)