|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, The Standover Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hans react when he finds out Liesel stole a book from the bonfire?
(a) He beats her.
(b) He forces her to go back and return it.
(c) He never finds out.
(d) He understands why she stole it and does not punish her.
2. What does Max give to Liesel for her birthday?
(a) A book.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A doll.
3. What ethnicity was Erik Vandenberg?
(a) He was Swedish.
(b) He was German.
(c) He was Canadian.
(d) He was Jewish.
4. What sport does Liesel regularly play with the neighborhood kids?
5. To which German city is Liesel being relocated by the foster care system?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Frau Hermann's relatives dies, leaving her deeply depressed?
2. What type of soup does Rosa Hubermann make once a week to feed her family?
3. How does Liesel react when she sees Frau Hermann's library?
4. Which of the following mysterious characters is described as living in the dark shadows of Stuttgart?
5. Why is Rosa fired by various customers while Liesel is learning how to read?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)