|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, The Standover Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Outside of which building do Rudy and Liesel ice the sidewalk so they can steal a basket of food?
(a) The church.
(b) The apple farm.
(c) The school.
(d) The market.
2. What inanimate object does Max credit with saving his life?
(a) A pocket watch.
(b) A book.
(c) A wooden spoon.
(d) A tennis shoe.
3. Where does Liesel sit and wait for Hans to come and pick her up from the book burning?
(a) At the church.
(b) At the library.
(c) At the hospital.
(d) At the school.
4. Which of the following books does Hans Jr. think is the most valuable book ever written?
(a) The Shoulder Shrug.
(b) The Gravedigger's Handbook.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Mein Kampf.
5. Who did Hans credit with saving his life during WWI?
(b) Adolf Hitler.
(c) Max Vandenberg.
(d) Erik Vandenberg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does the mysterious young man take on the train with him while traveling cross country?
2. Which branch of the armed forces did Hans Hubermann fight in during WWI?
3. Where did Max Vandenberg grow up?
4. Why is Rosa fired by various customers while Liesel is learning how to read?
5. What does Hans sell in order to buy Liesel two new books?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)