|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, The Standover Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of soup does Rosa Hubermann make once a week to feed her family?
(a) Chicken noodle soup.
(b) Pea soup.
(c) Minestrone soup.
(d) Tomato soup.
2. Which of the following mysterious characters is described as living in the dark shadows of Stuttgart?
(a) An old man.
(b) A young man.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A young woman.
3. How does the reader know Liesel's brother is sick?
(a) He is sneezing.
(b) He is sweating.
(c) He is moaning.
(d) He is coughing.
4. Why was Max Vandenberg bullied as a child?
(a) Because he was small.
(b) Because he had a speech impediment.
(c) Because he was Jewish.
(d) Because he was poor.
5. What inanimate object does Max credit with saving his life?
(a) A book.
(b) A wooden spoon.
(c) A tennis shoe.
(d) A pocket watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument did Erik Vandenberg play?
2. Which of the following instruments does Hans Hubermann play?
3. Which of the following customers is Liesel so afraid of that she skips over her house whenever possible?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Rosa Hubermann?
5. Which of the following activities do Rudy and Liesel spend the summer doing?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)