|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, The Standover Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following books does Hans Jr. think is the most valuable book ever written?
(a) The Gravedigger's Handbook.
(b) The Shoulder Shrug.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Mein Kampf.
2. Which of Frau Hermann's relatives dies, leaving her deeply depressed?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her son.
3. What does Max give to Liesel for her birthday?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A book.
(d) A doll.
4. Which of the following customers is Liesel so afraid of that she skips over her house whenever possible?
(a) Frau Hollapfel.
(b) Frau Hubermann.
(c) Frau Hermann.
(d) Frau Hansel.
5. What does Hans sell in order to buy Liesel two new books?
(a) His paintings.
(b) Hand-rolled cigarettes.
(c) Locks of his hair.
(d) Homemade candles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liesel purchase with the coin she finds on the street outside Frau Dillard's house?
2. How does Liesel describe the sensation of being burned at the book burning?
3. Why was Max Vandenberg bullied as a child?
4. What inanimate object does Max credit with saving his life?
5. How does the reader know Liesel's brother is sick?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)