|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, The Standover Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which branch of the armed forces did Hans Hubermann fight in during WWI?
(a) The air force.
(b) The marines.
(c) The navy.
(d) The army.
2. How many armed guards escort Liesel when she helps to bury her dead brother?
3. What event does the city stage in celebration of the Fuehrer's birthday?
(a) A feast.
(b) A bonfire.
(c) A carnival.
(d) They ignore the birthday completely.
4. How does the mysterious young man get into the Hubermann household?
(a) He digs a tunnel.
(b) He kicks in the door.
(c) He breaks a window.
(d) He has a key.
5. How does Liesel describe the sensation of being burned at the book burning?
(a) As feeling nothing at all.
(b) As deadening.
(c) As enlivening.
(d) As painful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Max Vandenberg grow up?
2. To which of the following institutions is the Fuehrer most closely tied?
3. What is the name of the street where Liesel lives with the Hubermann family?
4. In which room of the Hubermann household does Max hide while he is living with them?
5. What does Rudy use to darken his body in the hopes of emulating Jesse Owens?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)