|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven, The Complete Duden Dictionary and Thesaurus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following ailments afflicts Tommy Muller?
(a) He is lame.
(b) He is mute.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He is blind.
2. What object does Liesel regularly fish out of the trash bins to bring home to Max?
(a) Discarded clothing.
(b) Metal cans.
(d) Food scraps.
3. What event does the city stage in celebration of the Fuehrer's birthday?
(a) A bonfire.
(b) A carnival.
(c) They ignore the birthday completely.
(d) A feast.
4. During what year do the air raids begin in Munich?
5. Where did Max Vandenberg grow up?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of her belongings does Liesel bring into the bomb shelter with her during air raids?
2. How does Liesel describe the sensation of being burned at the book burning?
3. How many soldiers survived the battle Hans Hubermann sat out during WWI?
4. Why doesn't Viktor Chemmel like or respect Liesel?
5. Which of the following adjectives does Liesel use to describe Frau Hermann during the summer she spends reading with her?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)