|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven, The Complete Duden Dictionary and Thesaurus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives does Liesel use to describe Frau Hermann during the summer she spends reading with her?
2. How does Liesel react when she catches a glimpse into Max's journal?
(a) She is shocked.
(b) She is saddened.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is outraged.
3. How did Erik Vandenberg's widow react when Hans brought her husband's instrument home to her?
(a) She didn't want it.
(b) She cherished it forever.
(c) She didn't recognize it.
(d) She didn't answer the door.
4. Which of the following tools does Max use to keep records of his emotions in the journal?
(c) A pencil.
(d) An inkpen.
5. Why is Hans Jr. embarrassed to be seen with his father?
(a) Because his father is an atheist when it is fashionable to be Catholic.
(b) Because his father is uneducated and illiterate.
(c) Because his father aligns himself with Hitler.
(d) Because his father has not yet joined the Nazi party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following emotions does Max feel comfortable expressing only in his journal?
2. How does the mysterious young man get into the Hubermann household?
3. Which of her belongings does Liesel bring into the bomb shelter with her during air raids?
4. Where are Liesel and her family expected to hide out during the air raid drills?
5. In which room of the Hubermann household does Max hide while he is living with them?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)